Chapter 58 -Realisation

The drive to park entertainment seemed long and never ending to Jungkook as he accelerated the car.He hums along with a song that played on the radio and smiles as he noted it is taehyung's song.

Tae's voice was deep yet raspy and it held intense emotions.Jungkook was enjoying the music but his mind drift back to the morning incident as he continues to listens younger's voice.

The addictive strawberry scent that engulfed him like a morning bath.And the slender body that fit right into his arms and those cute whining..... everything made Jungkook sweetly uncomfortable.He didn't knew how to voice it out but he was happy holding tae close to his chest.He felt it is where he should be.It felt home.......

Jungkook coughed and shook his head when his mind registered his stupid thoughts.He turn off the radio fastly and sighed in relief when he could no longer hear tae's voice.

He can't believe this is happening AGAIN. It was like something had possessed him.Jungkook slowly glanced his face in the rear view mirror to realise he is smiling yet again....Dammit!!

Soon he arrives in entertainment company.Jungkook steps out of the car as he tossed the car keys to the security for park it and walks inside.His steps was long and fast.

He enters the elevator and pressed the button of taehyung's studio floor.Jungkook tapped his foot on the ground impatiently as he had to wait for the elevator to open and close on some other floors too.

The waiting seems endless as he stood there.Finally the door dinged open and he step out with a smile on his lips.

He was excited to spend his time with younger.He hopes taehyung would be too.Afterall they hadn't spend much time together recently.

Jungkook fastly came to face with the door named V. He pauses a second studying the way the name V carved on the wood panel in golden colour before yanking opens it with a smile.

Jungkook blinks his eyes and his smile drop as he stood frozen seeing the sight infront of him.A guy had pinned taehyung against the wall with tae's hands on his chest.

Jungkook's eyes drat back and forth the two of them as he studied their intimacy.He could feel the sudden rage of annoyance flashing over him upon the sight.The way taehyung's hand clutching on another man's shirt made his blood boil.

Jungkook mouth is thin, lips pressed together, as his eyes follows the hand of the man on taehyung's waist.He grit his teeth and ripped his eyes away, trying to ignore that prickling of unease of staring at them.

Jungkook clears his throat, trying to make aware of his presence to either of them.He wants to end their staring competition before his anger got best out of him.

His eyes met with tae's as the younger looks behind the man to him.Jungkook could see those eyes dilating in surprise and shock when their gaze locked.

Tae instantly shoves the man away. "Hyung?" He sidesteps the guy and puts a fair distance between them before he looks back at Jungkook. "What are you doing here?".

"Had I interrupted something?". Jungkook retort ignoring tae's question and his eyes look past behind tae.

Now that Jungkook could get a better view of the guy ,he realise it was the same person from the party the other night on tae's arrival.

Taehyung's boyfriend???

The realisation strike fast in his mind and he became taken aback.The irritation from earlier replaces with disappointment and displeasure.His heart tugg sadly and his shoulder slumps down.

Jungkook had no right to be angry at anyone.Why would he be even angry????

Taehyung have the every right to choose his lover.Jungkook is no one and-

Tae isn't his..........

Jungkook stood frozen when the harsh reality strike his heart.The real truth that he tried to ignore all along is plain and clear infront of him.He seemingly didn't heard taehyung's voice nor he did saw anything as he stood stiff.

A gentle touch on his shoulder made him came back to his senses.His eyes were met with tae's concerned ones.

"Hyung,Are you alright?".

Jungkook's felt his throat become dry but he himself nodd forcing a smile."Y-yeah...Er..I'm fine".

Jungkook stared back to tae, their eyes holding together for a few seconds, having a conversation of their own as they reassured themselves that the other was alright.

"Oh...Mr.jeon-".The guy stepped forward, breaking the trace they had been. "What a surprise! .I didn't thought we would meet again this soon!".

Jungkook raise his brow confused of the exclamation and mischievous in other's voice.He shrugs his thoughts as he turned to the guy."Kai? Right?".

"Yes, As expected of the famous CEO of 'Jeon inc, great memory sir!".Kai smirks as he side glance tae before focusing on Jungkook. "It's my pleasure to meet you Mr.Jeon. Tae had spoken very great of you!". He chuckle and shook his head with a inner meanings.

"Kai".Tae warns his voice become edgy as Jungkook noted.

"Calm down baby !".Kai dismiss as he roll his eyes. "We are just introducing, right ,Mr Jeon?".

Jungkook smile , shrugging off the little games of childrens.Kai was playful but is a nice person.

"Where you two are going somewhere?".He enquire observing the attires of them.Tae wasn't in his practice cloths but instead he wore something fancy.Also Kai had his car keys on his hand.

"We are going out since it's lantern festival".Kai smiles and pulls tae closer to him.

Jungkook tried not to give any time to his disappointment.He forces a smile trying to ignore the unease in his heart.He felt ridiculous to think tae would likes to go with him.Tae must prefer Kai over him....And lanterns is where couples would go......

Jungkook's eyes follows Kai's hand on taehyung's waist as his stomach twisted strangely.

"Tae is a big fan of such things".Kai nudge tae's shoulder in playful manner making tae glare at him.

Jungkook nod seeing both of them care free and happy.He felt silly coming here. He didn't knew tae had a real date tonight.......

"Why are you here hyung?".Tae clears his throat as his eyes drilling deep to Jungkook's ones.Jungkook couldn't read those eyes of younger like he used to.He felt distant and strange upon staring back at those gaze.

"I'm just passing by that's all". Jungkook shrugs in dismissive manner,avoiding taehyung's eyes as he continuous. "You two should hurry up and go.It's getting quite late".

"Yes, That's right!".Kai say passing a smile to Jungkook before turning to tae. "Come on baby! We will miss out the actual fun if we don't go right now".

The slight nudging on tae's shoulder and the continuous compelling from Kai finally made tae nod.Soon they made their way downstairs and excused them from Jungkook.

Jungkook nod as tae give a subtle glance at him ,biding himself to go Kai's car.Jungkook felt uneasy when tae pass by him.He felt his hand extending forward to grip on taehyung's arm.He wanted to say don't go, he wants to offer a date, he wants to say him to stay.

But he couldn't....

Jungkook clench his fist and forced himself to stay still.He was irritated and disappointed...

He knew he should be happy,... happy that tae found someone better, someone tae could depend on, someone who will love and cherish the younger unconditionally and someone of similar age......

but he wasn't,he wasn't happy at all.Jungkook felt like he is losing something precious to him-

something that wasn't his to begin with.......

Jungkook saw tae staring back at him from the car.Their eyes locked for a mere second before they part away.

Jungkook smiles sadly as the car slowly disappear from his sight.There he realised his heart was breaking.......