Nineteen - paper

[4:43pm] 17/11/22

Eric: hey handsome

Charles: hey darling

Charles: I'm not the handsome one, you are

Eric: love you must be blind

Charles: what do you mean?

Eric: you are the most handsome man alive

Charles: no, that's you

Eric: I strongly disagree with you

Charles: of course you do

Eric: shall we just agree to disagree

Charles: that is a good idea

Eric: what are you doing Charles?

Charles: I have just finished some research

Eric: how did it go?

Charles: very well

Eric: that's good

Eric: what did you discover

Charles: a lot of interesting facts about genetics that shall be put to good use in my upcoming paper

Eric: exciting

Charles: really?

Eric: yes. I would like to read your paper

Charles: would you be able to understand it?

Eric: probably not but that doesn't mean I won't want to read it.

Charles: are you home?

Eric: yes, why?

Charles: you'll see

-----

Eric's POV

I was sat in my sofa reading, when I heard a knock at the door. Setting my book down on the table, I got up and opened it.

Outside my door was Charles, holding a box.

"Charles!" I happily exclaimed.

"Hello darling." He grinned.

"Come in, come in," I smiled.

"Thank you." Charles responded before I stepped back to allow him to walk into my apartment.

"So what's in the box?" I asked after closing the door.

"Why don't you open it up?" Charles smirked.

He held out the box to me and I took it before egarly opening it. Inside was about a dozen cupcakes. I looked up at Charles, grinning madly. After carefully putting the box of cakes on the table, I ran over to Charles, picked him up and span him around.

"I love you Charles." I whispered as I gently put him down on the floor.

"I love you too you big goofball." He laughed.

I lent my forehead on his and smiled. We stared into each other's eyes, allowing our surroundings to melt away. The only thing that mattered was that we were together. I bent down and lightly kissed him on the lips.

"Charles, are you doing anything on Thanksgiving?" I asked.

"Well my siblings and I always have a meal together, we rotate who's house we go to." He stated.

"That sounds nice, I take it no one has dared come to your house yet." I chuckled.

"No. I'm dreading it, it's my turn to host this year and I can't cook to save my life." He groaned.

I smiled, he really was too cute for words.

"Perhaps I could help you cook?" I suggested.

"I'd like that. Eric, will you do me the honours of spending thanksgiving with me and my siblings?" He grinned.

Chuckling I nodded "yes Charles, I'd love to."

"Yayyyyy thank you Ericcc!" Charles squealed with excitement then jumped into my arms, wrapping his legs around my waist and his arms around my neck.

I rested my hands on his but, to stop him from slipping, then kissed his lips passionately.

God this man drives me insane. I love him so much.

We broke out of the kiss, out of breath but extremely happy.

"I love you Eric." Charles murmured in my ear before kissing me again.

"I love you too Charles." I whispered.