Sixty-one - water

Eric's POV

"That was amazing Eric." Lily exclaimed.

"Absolutely bloody fantastic." Logan agreed.

"I'm glad one of my brothers knows how to cook." Eleanor laughed.

My heart swelled - Eleanor was so sweet.

"It was the best meal ever." James announced.

I blushed. Everyone was staring at me. I was very happy however their stares made my anxiety flare. Charles didn't even have to look at me to know what had happened; his hand moved towards me and he rested it on my thigh. He was looking at his siblings, his eyebrows raised. I was about to ask what was going on however they all stood up and walked into the kitchen, carrying an assortment of plates with them.

"It's ok Eric." He murmured.

I lent over and pressed my lips to his. I gently rested my hand on the back of his head and deepened the kiss. Charles' hands moved so they were tangled in my hair.

"Thank you." I mumbled against his lips.

"You're welcome, now shut up and kiss me." He giggled.

I grinned before doing what he asked. When we broke apart, I stood up.

"Where do you think you are going mister?" He asked.

"To clean." I stated.

"Nope, you will go and sit your arse down on the sofa." Charles commanded.

There was no point me arguing with him, he is just as stubborn as I am.

"If you insist." I chuckled before walking over to the sofa and sitting down.

Charles laughed "I insist."

He wheeled himself into the kitchen, holding the last few plates and I smiled. I don't know what I'd do without him.

"Hey Eric." Called Eleanor as she walked into the room.

"Hey Eleanor." I smiled.

Lily, James and Logan all walked in laughing.

"Charles got water all over himself." James cackled.

"How'd he manage that?" I chuckled.

"He knocked a bunch of plates into the sink. He didn't realise that Lily had begun to do the dishes and so he is now soaked." Logan explained.

I sighed, of course Charles would manage to do that. I walked into the kitchen and found Charles in very wet clothes.

"Charlie you are an idiot." I laughed.

"Eri can you help me?" Charles shivered.

I picked Charles up and carried him to our bedroom then shut the door. I walked over to the wardrobe and pulled it open and grabbed Charles one of his t-shirts and one of my tracksuits. I carefully dried Charles off before switching his clothes.

"Is that better?" I asked, pulling Charles into an embrace.

"Yes thanks." He grinned then wrapped his arms around me.

"Right I'll carry you into the living room." I smiled.

I wrapped one arm around his waist and the other underneath his legs before standing up. I felt him wince slightly.

"What's wrong, where does it hurt?" I whispered urgently.

"I felt my leg twinge slightly." He whispered.

"Do you want me to put you down?" I asked.

"I want to see if I can stand." He stated.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" I asked, concerned.

"It probably isn't but I really want to try."

Charles looked up at me, his eyes pleading me to let him down. Goddamn his puppy eyes were impossible for me to say no to.

Carefully, I put him down. He let go of my shirt and he stood, looking up at me. He tried to walk towards me however his legs gave way. As quick as a flash, my arms wrapped around him, stopping him from injuring himself. I gently picked him back up and held him close.

"You managed to stand up, that's incredible." I exclaimed.

"But I fell and I can't get back up." He groaned.

"Charles you didn't fall, your legs gave way. You have been paralyzed, you can't expect for you to be able to walk right away." I responded before gently kissing his lips.

Charles wrapped his arms around my neck and tested his head on my shoulder. I carried Charles into the living room and found Charles' siblings sat in a circle on the rug.

"There you are." Exclaimed Lily.

"We thought you got lost." James laughed.

Logan and Eleanor glanced at each other, smirking, I knew what they were thinking and it caused me to blush slightly. I sat down and rested Charles on my lap, he hugged me tightly and I pressed a sweet kiss to his lips before pulling him close.