Fifty-two - photo

Charles' POV

We stood staring at the menorah for a little while longer until a particular song came on.

"It's our song." Eric grinned.

He took my hand and pulled me into the middle of the living room. I giggled. As the song started, we began to dance.

I can dim the lights and sing you songs full of sad things
We can do the tango just for two
I can serenade and gently play on your heart strings
Be your Valentino just for you

Eric's hands were rested on my waist; I lent my head in his chest and I felt him bend down and press a kiss to my head.

"Thank you for making this the most special Hanukkah ever." He murmured.

"It was my pleasure love." I whispered.

Ooh, love, ooh, loverboy
What're you doin' tonight, hey, boy?
Set my alarm, turn on my charm
That's because I'm a good old-fashioned loverboy

I closed my eyes as we swayed to the music and smiled. Dancing with Eric just allowed all my problems to melt away - I loved it.

Ooh, let me feel your heartbeat (Grow faster, faster)
Ooh, ooh, can you feel my love heat?
Come on and sit on my hot-seat of love
And tell me how do you feel right after all

The gentle thump of Eric's heartbeat made me smile. It was a very soothing noise.

I'd like for you and I to go romancing
Say the word, your wish is my command

I looked up at Eric and smiled. He grinned back at me before leaning down and kissing me gently on the lips.

Ooh darling, ooh lover boy
What are you doing tonight, hey boy?
write my letter
feel better
And use my fancy patter on the telephone

I fiddled with the hair on the back of his neck and smiled.

When I'm not with you
Think of you always
(I miss those long hot summer nights) I miss you
When I'm not with you
Think of me always
Love you, love you

"When I'm not with you I think of you always." Eric whispered

"As do I darling." I whispered back.

The door burst open and a group of people ran in, led by Eleanor who shouted "CHARLES MICHAEL FRANCIS YOU HAVE SOME EXPLAINING TO DO."

I didn't say anything.

Hey, boy, where do you get it from?
Hey, boy, where did you go?
I learned my passion
In the good old-fashioned
School of loverboys

Eric bent his head close to mine and breathed "are you going to talk to your sister?"

"She can wait." I murmured back before kissing him on the lips.

Dining at the Ritz we'll meet at nine precisely (One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine o'clock)
I will pay the bill, you taste the wine
Driving back in style in my saloon will do quite nicely
Just take me back to yours that will be fine (Come on and get it)

Eleanor was getting annoyed which made Eric and I laugh. I stared up into his heterochromatic eyes and smiled warmly. I don't think I've ever seen eyes more beautiful.

Ooh, love (There he goes again)
(He's my good old fashioned loverboy) Ooh, loverboy
What're you doin' tonight, hey, boy?
Everything's all right
Just hold on tight
That's because I'm a good old-fashioned (fashioned) loverboy

Eric span me around then pulled me in for a deep kiss.

Eleanor rolled her eyes, "Ok I know you are ignoring me but get a room."

We broke apart and burst I to laughter.

"That will teach you for not knocking Els." Isla giggled.

"Eric are you getting déjà vu?" I asked.

"I am actually, it was just under a month ago when Eleanor burst into your apartment while we were dancing." Eric chuckled.

Eric walked over to the sofa and sat down, pulling me on top of him so I was sat in his lap.

"Charles isn't wearing tweed or a cardigan." Rose gasped.

I rolled my eyes, "no I am not, I am very comfortable in Eric's clothes."

"Awwwww." Whispered Rose and Isla.

"I'm sure he also very comfortable sat on Eric's dick." Smirked Hannah.

Eric blushed bright red, I turned around to face him - a smirk on my face - and whispered "well she's right I am very comfortable."

Eric rested his head on my shoulder, hiding the fact that he was as red as a postbox.

I chuckled before asking "so what is it you wanted to know."

"Oh I don't know, when exactly were you going to tell me that you were engaged?"

I don't know why I am surprised that Eleanor found out. She does have a knack for finding out stuff she isn't meant to know. Probably because she is nosy as fuck.

"How'd you find out?" Eric asked.

"Wait it's true, you're engaged!!!" Exclaimed Isla "OH MY GOD CONGRATULATIONS!!!"

"Thank you." I grinned.

"So how'd you find out?" Eric repeated.

"Rose sent me a picture."

I looked over at Rose who explained "I took a picture of Eric holding you as you were wearing his blazer"

"How did you find out that we were engaged?" I asked.

"Well in the picture you are grinning like fools so that meant something had to have happened." Hannah stated.

"And Charles, you were clutching Eric's chest with your LEFT hand and after zooming in you can just about make out a small silver band on your left finger." Eleanor finished.

"Plus I can literally see a ring in your finger." Isla added.

"Well done detectives, yes Charles and I are engaged." Eric chuckled.

"Let me guess, you had 'we are newly engaged' sex last night." Hannah smirked.

Eric and I blushed a deep shade of red.

"I think that's a yes Hannah." Rose chuckled.

"Els, don't tell the others, I want to surprise them. Oh yes, Christmas is at mine this year and also we're celebrating Hanukkah with Eric."

"Ok, happy Hanukkah Eric." Eleanor smiled.

"Thank you Eleanor." He smiled.

After a chorus of Happy Hanukkah from the girls, they sat down in front of us in anticipation.

"Spill everything." Isla commanded.