Ninety-one - Achievement

Charles' POV

Eric dragged me out of the living room and into the kitchen. After shutting the door behind us, he wrapped his arms around me tightly "just breathe." He whispered.

My panic subsided as I was comforted by my fiancé's heartbeat on my cheek.

Breathing in deeply, I smiled at him slightly "thank you."

Eric didn't respond, he just pressed his lips to the top of my head. My heart melted.

"Shall we get started on dinner?" I suggested with a grin.

Eric chuckled "you think I'm going to trust you to cook?"

I rolled my eyes, "I was hoping you'd trust me to be able to kiss you amazingly but you know, perhaps I should just return to talking to your family."

I strutted away, a large smirk etched onto my face. Eric grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. Me being me, I stumbled over my own feet. Deftly, Eric caught me, one hand hooked around my waist. He pulled my upright before kissing me deeply. Exhaling happily, my hands traveling up his body and nestled in his hair.

"You aren't going anywhere without a kiss." He growled.

Chuckling, I kissed him on the lips gently before whispering "I had better go and be a good host, love you darling."

Smiling, Erik murmured "I love you too love," pressing his lips to my forehead.

I walked back into the living room and my sister called out "have you been banished from the kitchen Charles?"

Grinning I responded "yep."

She snorted "no surprises there."

"Why have you been banned from the kitchen?" Patrick asked with a grin.

Eleanor stared at me from over her cup of tea and laughed "he's absolutely shit at cooking."

"Wow so kind."

"Am I wrong?"

I nodded my head to the side, gesturing that I agreed with her. Eric's family chuckled.

"I have a question." Liam stated.

"Ask away." I smiled warmly, sitting down on the arm of the sofa next to Eleanor.

"What would you say is your biggest achievement?" Liam asked.

I flushed, I didn't really want to respond as I didn't want to sound boastful. Taking pity on me, Eleanor responded for me.

"Since my brother is a modest git, I'll answer for him. His research led to the creation of Kaftrio a life changing medication for people with cystic fibrosis." She beamed.

"Wow." Eric's family breathed in unison.

"Thank you." Lucille whispered.

I blushed bright red "it was nothing."

"My sister died because of cystic fibrosis. I've read about this drug, it's a miracle. Thank you for helping to make it." She whispered.

I pressed a kiss to Eleanor's forehead then turned to Lucille "I had to do it, I promised someone a long time ago I would help them. I keep my promises."

She stared at me with tears in my eyes, "whoever you promised is incredibly lucky."

Eleanor cleared her throat and stood up "Some of us breath through corrupted lungs. Some of us accept the fact that one day we'll be standing in the hall of fame. But that doesn't mean we'll stop fighting. We may only be human but we'll fight for whatever have left. However sometimes we all need a little help. I am incredibly lucky that my brother found a way to make his promise come true. He's done so much to take care of me, he practically raised me. For that I know that I'll never be able to repay him. However the one way I can is by showing the people who will become his in-laws what a great person he really is. Eric is so lucky to have Charles. He's the best person in the world. I've never seen a couple more in love than Charles and Eric. They deserve to be together."