Thirty-three - comfort

Charles' POV

I was sat on the sofa next to Eric, cuddled up to him. I leant up and kissed his lips gently. He's the best thing that ever happened to me. Eric kissed me back and I smiled before deepening the kiss.

The sorry flew open and as someone walked in we (unfortunately) pulled apart.

"Oh I'm sorry was I interrupting something?" The girl asked.

"Yes Eleanor you did interrupt something." I rolled my eyes and saw my sister laughing.

"Sorry." She grinned.

Eric chuckled then kissed my cheek.

"Did you never learn how to knock?" He asked.

My sister just laughed, "of course however Charles knows the rules."

I sighed then nodded.

"What rule?" Eric asked, confused.

"We made a rule to have no secrets between the two of us and because of that we have very little privacy." I explained.

I smiled slightly. It was a pact we made when I was 10 and she was just 4 but we had kept it for almost 20 years. Eleanor and I were always closest, we liked similar things, I was always asked to look after her so we would always spend time together and wherever our parents were being dicks, I would always be her shoulder to cry on and she would be mine. She was the first of my siblings that I came out to which only strengthened our bond.

"So if you've got now privacy does that mean you've seen Charles..." Eric asked.

"Ewwww no." Eleanor exclaimed.

"Oh god no." I laughed.

Eric chuckled then kissed my cheek.

"That's good to know."

I laughed loudly then asked, "what is it you wanted my dear?"

My sister rolled her eyes "honestly Charles you act so much like an old man. Anyway I wanted to congratulate you on your thing and I wanted to let you know that Logan, James, Lily and myself can come to your award thing on Friday."

I smiled greatfully, "thank you for coming."

"Of course we're going to come. Now I have a few questions." Eleanor stated.

I sighed. Of course she had questions. Eric wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close. I rested my head on his shoulder then smiled at Eleanor, telling her to continue.

"Awwww you guys are adorable. Anyway I have to ask, what's with the the giant pride flag on the door?"

"It's to piss of our neighbours." Eric grinned.

"Hahaha fair enough...wait OUR?" Eleanor exclaimed.

I snickered, "oops I guess I didn't mention the fact that Eric moved in with me."

"No you didn't. Why was I not informed of this information?" She shouted.

"It must have slipped my mind." I smiled.

"Don't think you've escaped my questions mister, you've just ensured you have a lot more." She glared.

I gulped then after kissing my cheek, Eric said "what is your next question Eleanor?"

"Are you coming to Charles' university thing?" She asked.

"Of course I am, I wouldn't miss it for the world." Eric smiled.

He's the best boyfriend ever.

I lent over and gently kissed his lips, my hand on the back of his head. Eric smiled and ran his hand through my hair as he kissed me back.

"Look you two are adorable but get a room." Eleanor rolled her eyes.

I stuck my middle finger up at her which made her laugh, "ooo ooo grandpa's getting angry"

I rolled my eyes. Eric smiled then moved his hand to my thigh. Dear lord.

"Right anyway Charles, can my besties come around to see everyone at some point?" Eleanor asked.

"What Hannah, Isla and Rose?" I asked.

Eleanor's best friends had shortly become unofficial members of the family. They usually came around for drinks and a curry every so often.

"I don't see why not," I smiled.

"Who are they?" Eric asked.

"Eleanor's friends who have become part of the family." I explained.

"That's nice." Eric smiled.

"They can't wait to meet you." Eleanor grinned.

Eric blushed, "really!?"

"Of course Eric, everyone is excited to meet Charles' boyfriend, especially one that has made Charles the happiest man ever. You are part of the family now."

I blushed and glanced over at Eric whose eyes had turned watery.

"You think I'm part of the family?" He whispered.

"Of course." Grinned Eleanor.

"Thank you," he murmured.

After grinning over at us, Eleanor walked over and hugged me and Eric. "Listen I have to go but I'll see you on Friday. Goodbye brothers."

"Bye El." I smiled.

She walked out my apartment then I turned to Eric who trying not to cry. I wrapped my arms around him the whispered "you can cry now darling, I'm here."

"I'm a man I'm not supposed to cry." He whispered.

I was fuming. Firstly, it's not fair that Eric feels like he can't cry just because he's a man. I mean he's crying because my sister called him family. And secondly, what kind of bastardly father would make him feel like he wasn't family

"Fuck that, your someone who has been hurt by the actions of you deserve to be able to show how you feel." I said, angry about the standards society puts on men.

Eric sniffed and I wrapped my arms around him tightly. "You don't have to pretend to be strong in front of me Eric, no matter what I'll be there."

"Really?" He whispered.

"If you are alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you are not happy, I'll be your smile. If you need me, I'll always be there." I reassured him.

Eric bent his head down and I saw tears rolling down his cheeks. I moved into a better position before pulling Eric into my arms and holding him close to me. He his his face in my shoulder and cried quietly. I didn't let go; I held him tightly and whispered soothingly in his ear. We stayed in that position for quite a while and in that entire time, I didn't think about pulling away once.