Twenty-six - family

Charles' POV

"Charles I don't understand how you almost blow things up with your shit cooking yet you can bake the most delicious sweet things." James exclaimed.

"You are the best baker ever Charles." Eric smiled.

"How the fuck is your baking so good and your cooking so shit?" Asked Lily.

Logan and Eleanor laughed heartily. I blushed at how sweet Eric was then glared at my siblings.

"Ok I may not be the best chef..." I began.

My siblings laughed and even Eric let out a small chuckle. I stuck my middle finger up at my siblings then turned to Eric.

"Eriiiiiiiccccc you're supposed to be on my side." I pouted.

Eric's arms were wrapped around me, he gently squeezed me and I couldn't help but let out a sigh. God I love him. I felt so safe in his strong arms.

"Sorry love." He whispered.

I kissed his cheek then rested my head in the crook of his neck.

"Ok I've changed my mind, if either of you break the others heart, I will kick the heartbreaker in the balls." Eleanor announced.

My other siblings nodded in agreement while Eric asked "wait, so if Charles dumped me, you'd kick him in the balls."

"Yes, to be honest though I'd kick him in the balls without any reason." Eleanor shrugged.

"Thanks a lot El," I rolled my eyes "you're so kind."

"You'd kick your own brother in the balls if he dumped me?" Eric repeated slowly.

All of my siblings nodded egarly.

"That...that means a lot to me." He whispered.

I looked up at Eric and saw that he was in the verge of tears. I gently kissed his lips then whispered, "come, let's talk in the kitchen."

Eric nodded. I got up then held my hand out to Eric. He grabbed it and I pulled him up. Placing my hand around on the small of his back, I led him out of the living room. I shot my siblings a look that said "Don't ask" before shutting the door behind us.

I turned and found Eric sat on the kitchen counter, tears streaming down his face.

"What's wrong darling?" I whispered.

I took his face into my hands as he responded, still sobbing, "your siblings have shown me more love in the past few hours then my father has shown me in 16 years."

My heart broke. I wrapped my arms around Eric's middle then hugged him tightly.

"After my mother died, my father was never the same. He became cold and distant. The care your siblings have shown me made me realise how much he fucked me in the head, and how much I miss having a family." Eric whispered.

"You have a family now my love." I whispered, before standing on my tip-toes to kiss his lips. Unfortunately I was too short to be able to reach his lips so I ended up kissing his chin.

Eric let out a watery chuckle then slid off the counter. I put my hands around his neck then kissed his lips carefully.

"Thank you Charles, I love you so much." He whispered, pulling me into a hug.

"I love you too Eric darling." I whispered.

After kissing him again (a little harder than before) I whispered, "by the way you won't have to worry about me dumping you, I love you too much. You are stuck with me forever darling."

Eric smiled slightly.

"Good," he mumbled before pulling me in for another kiss.