Twenty-three - Brothers

Charles POV

"Eric, do you mind if I put some music on?" I asked as I finished setting the table.

"Sure go ahead." He called from the kitchen.

"Alexa, play my playlist." I instructed.

The music began to play as I walked back into the kitchen to see how Eric was getting on. He was washing his hands, whistling quietly.

"Everything's done, we just need to wait for it to cook." He smiled.

"You are a marvel Eric." I grinned.

I grabbed his hand and dragged him into the living room.

"What are you doing Charles?" He asked in amusement.

"Will you dance with meeee?" I asked.

Eric chuckled but nodded. As the next song came on (Perfect by Ed Sheeran), Eric wrapped his arms around means we began to sway to the music.

I found a love, for me
Darling, just dive right in and follow my lead
Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

Eric gently kissed my lips and I melted under his touch.

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow
Your heart is all I own
And in your eyes, you're holding mine

I stared into Eric's eyes and smiled. He smiled back, causing my heart to flutter.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark
With you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass
Listening to our favourite song
When you said you looked a mess
I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it
Darling, you look perfect tonight

Eric spun me around which caused me to giggle and grin like an idiot.

Well, I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
I found a lover, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own

The door opened (not that I knew it at the time) and someone walked into the room.

We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fighting against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand
Be my girl, I'll be your man
I see my future in your eyes

I lent up and kissed Eric, smiling as I did so. He kissed me back carefully, I moved my arms and wrapped them around his neck.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark
With you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass
Listening to our favorite song
When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful
I don't deserve this
Darling, you look perfect tonight

I rested my head on his chest and sighed, breathing in the scent of his cologne - it smelt amazing.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark
With you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass
Listening to our favorite song
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect

"I love you Charles." Eric whispered.

"I love you too darling." I whispered.

I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight

As the music ended, Eric dipped me causing my face to heat up as I exploded in fits to giggles.

"Ericcc careful you're gonna drop me."

"I'd never drop you love." He smirked before pulling me up and kissing me on the lips.

I didn't want this moment to end however we were unfortunately interrupted by someone saying "God damnit this is really highlighting how single I am."

Eric and I jumped apart in shock. I frantically looked around the room until my eyes fell on who had spoken - Eleanor.

"How long were you standing there for Miss Francis?" Eric asked, slightly amused.

"Miss Francis oh shush. It's Eleanor. I was standing there long enough to be able to video you dancing." My sister smirked.

Eric and I's face both turned a deep shade of pink.

"Thank you for knocking." I stated dryly.

"Good to see you too brother." She laughed as she walked over to me and gave me a hug.

I rolled my eyes but hugged her back.

"Any idea when the others will arrive?" I asked.

"Lily will probably be late however the twins might be here-"

She was cut off by a knock at the door.

"I'll get it." Eric smiled.

He walked over to the door and opened it.

"Hello, this IS where my brother Charles lives right, I couldn't remember IF I GOT THE NUMBER DOWN WRONG?" My brother (James) stated.

I sighed then rolled my eyes.

"Wait who are you?" Logan asked.

"Yeah I've never seen you before, who are you?" James added.

Eric chuckled and moved out of the way, allowing my brothers to enter.

"I swear you two did not get any braincells. If there is a man answering CHARLES' door on Thanksgiving with a hickey on his neck, who do you think it is?" Eleanor rolled her eyes in exasperation.

I chuckled as Eric turned a deep shade of red. I walked over to him, wrapped my arm around his waist and kissed his cheek. Eric smiled and pulled me close (despite his slight embarrassment).

"Ohhhhhh." James whispered.

"So this must be Eric. We've heard a lot about you." Logan smirked.

"Good things I hope." Eric grinned, he moved forwards and shook my brother's hands.

"I'm James."

"And I'm Logan."

"Pleasure to meet you both." Eric smiled before asking "so what exactly has Charles told you about me."

My brother's smirked.

"Oh my goodness I've met the most amazing man, he's the most handsome man ever. He's tall, he has gorgeous heterochromatic eyes, his hair is a gorgeous mousy brown. His accent is amazing, whenever he talks my knees go week. Oh he's an amazing guy so smart, so sweet, so funny and great at sex." Logan said dramatically before pretending to faint into James' arms.

Eric looked at me and I blushed while Eleanor, Logan and James roared with laughter.

"Fuck you." I grumbled.

"That's not an appropriate thing to tell your siblings. Have you forgotten that your boyfriend is in the room, If you wanna fuck someone I'd speak to him." Eleanor stated, her eyebrows raised.

My brothers snorted with laughter.

I buried my head in Eric's chest and groaned.

"Dear lord help me." I mumbled.

Eric chuckled, he tipped my chin up then bent down and kissed my lips.

"Oh get a room." Eleanor rolled her eyes.

I blushed bright red and mumbled, "Eric I'm just gonna check the food, will you help?"

Eric nodded and as we turned to leave the room, Logan called "Eric, a word please?"

I sighed, if course this was going to happen. I kissed Eric's cheek before walking out.