Fourty-three - cry

[1:34pm] 04/12/22

Charles: I wanna crawl into bed and cry

Eric: Who do I need to kill?

Eric: what's wrong sweetheart?

Charles: I got shouted at by a bunch of Professors

Eric: arseholes

Eric: why?

Charles: because I apparently used up all the ink in the photocopier and all the paper in the printer

Charles: when I haven't used either today

Charles: and I was apparently "disturbing their lecture" when I was sat in my classroom marking papers

Eric: I will murder each and every one of them in their sleep

Charles: I just wanna get in bed and cry

Eric: I will remove their heads from their body's using just my hands

Charles: they also called me a "fucking stupid queer" and the f slur and told me that I was worthless

Eric: right if they don't stop I will come down to the university and punch them black and blue

Eric: don't listen to them my love, you are the most talented, amazing, kind, clever and beautiful person ever.

Charles: you think?

Eric: yes, I do

Charles: I love you Eric, thank you

Eric: I love you too Charles

Charles: can I have a hug when I/you get back?

Eric: you can have all the hugs in the world

Charles: yay

[3:52pm]

Eric: I'm leaving my work

Charles: ok, I'll see you when I get home

Eric: love you

Charles: love you too

[4:35pm]

Charles: they are shouting at me again

Eric: dickheads

Charles: apparently I didn't read a form correctly

Charles: now they keep calling me slurs and saying stuff like "you're a worthless man"

Eric: I'm going to kill them

Eric: just ignore them handsome

Charles: I'm trying however it's hard when I'm trying to focus on holding back tears

Charles: I'm not normally this emotional however it is all so overwhelming

Eric: do you want me to come and give them a piece of my mind

Charles: I'm just about to leave so don't bother

Charles: I know why they are shouting at me

Eric: because they are twats?

Charles: well there is that however they are jealous of the fact that I got my award

Eric: what pathetic excuses for people

Charles: agreed

Eric: if they shout at you tomorrow I will leave work and give them a piece of my mind

Charles: no you don't have to do that

Eric: well I will

Eric: I love you, see you in a bit

Charles: love you too, see you soon

-----

Eric's POV

I was sat in the sofa scrolling through the news when the door opened. I immediately put down my phone and walked over to Charles as he walked through the door. I wrapped my arms around him tightly in a comforting embrace.

"Hey Eric." He sniffed.

How dare those bastards reduce my Charles to tears.

"Hello leibe, you can cry now don't worry I'm here." I whispered.

As I felt Charles' small frame shake underneath me, anger slowly bubbled within me. Those worthless bastards, I can't wait to give them a piece of my mind. Charles' sobbs wracked through my head - it was heartbreaking. Those dickheads will pay. I pulled Charles closer to me and held him tightly, rubbing his back as I whispered "do you want to get in bed where it is warm?"

Charles was still sobbing however he nodded into my chest. I moved my hand to underneath Charles' thighs and carried him into our bedroom. I pulled the duvet away from the bed then gently laid Charles down. He covered himself into the duvet then sobbed into his hands. I rushed around and got into bed; wrapping my arms around Charles, I pulled him close. After wrapping his arms around me he hid his head in my chest as tears continued to pour out of his cheeks.

"Shhhhhhh my love, it's ok, I'm here." I murmured, stroking Charles' hair.

Charles looked up at me, his eyes red and his lip wobbling slightly. I gently wiped away his tears with my thumb before kissing his forehead.

"It brought up bad memories that's why I'm so upset." He whispered hoarsly.

"What happened love, you can tell me anything." I stared down at him and gave him an encouraging smile.

My boyfriend took a shaky breath before he began to talk "when I was growing up, my parents were not the nicest. I was never interested in sports I preferred reading so they put an immense amount of pressure on me to get high grades. If I got below 90% in anything I would get shouted out an called worthless. I was expected to be the perfect child who got perfect grades and was the babysitter. I had to get a job at 16 and pay my parents rent. Hearing so many people call me worthless it caused me to have a flashback from some of the bad parts of my childhood."

I was furious at how Charles' own parents treated him. It wasn't right.

"You are so strong my love and I'm sorry you had to go through that, I promise you I will protect you at all costs. No matter what happens I'll be there for you. I love you so much." I whispered.

Charles looked up at me, a small, watery smile on his lips. He lent up and kissed me carefully. I smiled then kissed him back.

"Thank you Eric." He breathed.

"It's no trouble at all, now I hate seeing you this sad, how can I cheer you up?" I smiled.

Charles let out a watery chuckle, "you already have cheered me up Eric, being with you is the best thing ever."

I smiled at him and grabbed his hand, "I'm glad I can help you Charles."

He smirked at me slightly "you know I have one thing in mind that would definitely make me feel better."

I grinned down at him "are you sure you are in the mood?"

Charles pulled me into a deep kiss then whispered "yes Eric I am, you always make me feel better."

I smiled at the love of my life before kissing him passionately.