Twenty-two - Preparations

[7:59am] 23/11/22

Charles: ERICCCCCC

Charles: help me

Eric: what's wrong

Charles: I don't know what to wear

Eric: clothes?

Charles: Should I wear something formal or a semi-formal cardigan

Charles: I'm stood in my room in only a towel cause I can't decide

Eric: I'm at the door, let me in and I'll help you choose

Eric: just a towel...

Charles: it's open, come in

Eric: ok

-----

Eric's POV

I walked into Charles' room and saw that he was indeed just in a towel that was wrapped around his waist. He ran his hand through his wet hair.

"Well this is a lovely sight mein leibe" I smirked.

"Ericcc," Charles laughed.

He turned to face me, his face red. Chuckling, I lent down and kissed his lips gently.

"Personally I'd be happy if you wore nothing however that's not really appropriate when you are seeing your sibling so I'd say, wear I one of you cardigans."

Charles blushed. I walked over to his closet and pulled out a light grey cardigan, grey slacks, and a power blue shirt.

"You have good taste, thank you darling." He grinned.

"Well I'm dating you so of course I have good taste." I smirked.

Charles blushed a deep shade of red.

"Ericcc."

I chuckled "you get dressed love, I'm going to start preparing for the feast. What time are you siblings arriving by the way?"

"Ok. Ummmm I think they said that they would arrive between 11 and 12." Charles responded, as he fumbled with his shirt buttons.

"Ok, sounds good." I smiled.

I walked out of the room and thought about what to do first. I eventually decided to prepare the turkey as it would take the longest. After preheating the oven, I took the turkey out of the packaging and began to season it with herbs, onion, salt and pepper.

I had not had a proper thanksgiving for a long time. Well not since the ones I had with my father after mamma pass d away however I try to forget those as much as possible.

I shoved the turkey into the oven, then stood up. What do I do next?

Turning around at the soft pitter-patter of feet, I grinned.

"Hello leibe, you look very handsome."

Charles walked over to me and kissed my cheek, "thank you, you look very handsome too darling."

I quickly washed my hands then placed them on Charles' hips before gently kissing his lips. I felt Charles melt into the kiss, his arms snaking around my neck. I moved one hand onto the small of his back then moved the other to run it through his hair.

"Noooo my hairrrrr" he grumbled "don't touch my hairrrrr."

I laughed "you now you will end up running your hands through it."

Charles pouted "true."

"Now we had better get in with the rest of the meal before your siblings arrive." I smiled.

"Alright you're in charge, what do you want me to do?" He asked.

"Perhaps you prepare the desert while I chop the vegetables." I instructed.

"Sounds good." He grinned.

After donning an apron, he got started on making the jam to go in his cake. I looked over at him fondly as he muttered to himself. Whenever he's baking or reading he seems to plunge into his own little world. He's adorable.

I walked over to the counter and began to peel and chop the vegetables.

A little while later, I felt an arm snake around my waist and a head resting on my shoulder.

"How's the vegetables going." Charles chuckled.

"I've just finished them." I laughed, putting my arm around his shoulders and pulling him close.

"What else is there left to do?" Charles asked.

"Cook the vegetables, make the cranberry sauce, and a few little things like that." I smiled down at Charles. He stood on his tiptoes and kissed my lips gently.

"Do you want me to help?"

"No it's alright Charles." I grinned then kissed his cheek.

"Alright, I'm going to set the table then." Charles stated.

"Love you handsome." I called as he walked out of the kitchen, a stack of plates in his hands.

"I love you more." He called back.