Sixty-two - presents

Charles' POV

"So did you want to open presents?" Suggested Lily.

"Sounds good." I smiled, "the presents from me are under the tree."

"As are the ones from me." Eric grinned.

Eleanor got up and walked over to the tree and grabbed all the presents. She carefully handed them out to everyone before sitting back down. Everyone exchanged presents before we all tore open the wrapping paper.

"Merry Christmas everyone, and Happy Hanukkah Eric." Eleanor announced happily.

"Thank you Eleanor." Eric smiled.

As I opened my first present, I felt Eric's arms squeeze me gently. When I saw what Logan had got me I burst into laughter. My siblings and I tend to get each other a joke gift and a nice gift.

"Really Logan, a stool." I rolled my eyes.

"Hey it's not my fault you're a midget." He laughed.

Eric laughed, "don't worry love, I love your height."

I blushed "good."

Logan's second gift was a rather nice set of pens and a notebook that read "this nerd is a smart ass, don't test him".

I grinned over at my brother, "thanks Logan."

"No problem old man." He grinned.

Eric was grinning, he had just finished opening his presents from my siblings - he had received a lot of chocolate, a mug that read "Don't talk to me unless you want to die" and a box full of condoms amongst other small things.

When he saw the condoms, he turned bright red then burst out laughing, this then made everyone else join in. Soon enough my siblings were all lying on the floor, tears of laughter pouring down their cheeks. Eric's head was resting on my shoulder as he shook with laughter.

"Well that is certainly a useful Christmas present." He whispered in my ear.

I blushed. It would be a little while until we were actually able to have sex again however when we were able to, he was right, those condoms would come in handy.

When the laughter subsided, everyone returned to their piles of presents, well everyone except Eric who gently pulled me closer to him as I was begging to slip off his lap.

"Thanks for the paints Charles." Lily called.

"You're welcome." I smiled.

"Really, "how to get a boyfriend 101" thanks Charles." Eleanor stated sarcastically.

"Well you're always complaining about how you don't have a boyfriend when you never go out and talk to boys, you sit at home and read." I chuckled.

"It's not my fault, fictional men are just better than real men." She grumbled.

I laughed then opened her present. Out fell a pair of slippers and a book titled "how to speed up doing your hair in the morning".

"You can't speed up perfecting a work of art." I grinned.

"Agreed." Eric smiled, running his hand through my hair.

I pouted, "Ericcc."

Eric chuckled then brought his lips to my own. When we broke apart he gently kissed my nose before he went back to stroking my hair. While I didn't want my hair to get messed up, I did like it when Eric's hand ran through my hair.

"Honestly Charles it takes you longer than me for you to do your hair." Eleanor laughed.

"And that is saying something." Smirked James.

Eleanor whacked him around the head causing him to cower. Lily laughed at him before giving Eleanor a high-five. I rolled my eyes at them and grabbed Eric's hand. I felt him smile as he gently pressed his lips to the tip of my head.

"Charles, will you light the menorah with me?" He whispered.

"Of course I will." I murmured.

He carefully lifted me into his arms before slowly standing up. Walking over to the menorah, Eric asked "did you want to try and stand again or did you want to stay in my arms?"

"I want to try and stand." I responded.

It was probably a bad idea however I needed to not feel useless. Hesitating slightly, Eric put me down. He wrapped his arms around my waist to support me before striking a match and bringing it to the candle wicks.

He murmured softly before blowing out the match. I smiled and lent up to kiss him however my legs began to give way again. Eric picked me up and walked back over to where my siblings sat. He gently kissed my lips as his arms snaked around my waist again. I lent into his embrace and shut my eyes - I was exhausted. I think standing up used a lot of my energy. As I sat, wrapped in Eric's arms, sleep washed over me.

I woke up to the feeling of Eric, gently stroking my hair. I didn't open my eyes, I stayed where I was and listened to what was being said.

"Thanks for looking after him." Logan stated.

"I'm glad he has you Eric." Lily smiled.

"Make sure he stays safe." Commanded Eleanor.

"Charles is lucky to be engaged to someone like you Eric." James commented.

"Thank you James. I'll always look after him Logan, I love him. Don't worry Eleanor, I'll always keep him safe, I couldn't bear to see anything happen to him. I'm glad I have him Lily." Eric responded.

I love him so much.

"We should probably go, we don't want to wake him." James whispered.

Bit too late for that. My siblings all stood up and walked over to the door.

"Bye Eric," they called softly.

I felt one of Eric's hands move from around me; he waved at my siblings.

"Goodbye." I mumbled sleepily.

My siblings chuckled before walking out and shutting the door behind them. Eric ran his hand through my hair, "come on Liebe, let's get you to bed." He whispered.

He picked me up and walked to our bedroom. He set me down on the bed before changing into his nightwear. After he had crawled into bed, I awkwardly tried to roll over onto my stomach. It took me a moment before I managed to achieve my goal. Eric chuckled "need any help love?"

"I want to sleep, laying on your chest." I grumbled, trying to move myself towards him.

Eric smiled at me before gently moving me so that I was laying on top of him. My head was tested on his chest and my useless legs were splayed between his legs. I wrapped my arms around him and smiled. Eric chuckled, wrapped his arms around me tightly and gently kissed my forehead before I fell asleep again.