Eighty-five - Guards

Eric's POV

The door slammed open. 5 security guards ran inside.

"Boss there's someone who forced their way in here, he said he was going to see you." One of the security guards shouted.

I raised my eyebrow at Charles who grinned sheepishly back. Staring at the security guards, I could tell that they didn't realise that the man who they were looking for was wrapped in my arms. I placed a small kiss on Charles' lips before announcing "I know that there is someone to see me."

The guards looked at me confused, "you do, where is he?" One of the knuckleheads asked.

Charles craned his head around and smirked "I did tell you I came to visit my fiancé."

The men gasped, "the boss is engaged."

I rolled my eyes, Charles rested his head on my shoulder while I glared at the idiots in my office "yes I am engaged and I do not appreciate you barging in here unannounced to try and throw my fiancé out."

"Yes sir, sorry sir." They mumbled before retreating out of the room.

I looked down at Charles, who stared up at me nervously, "in my defense," he stated, "I had just been told that you had fainted and I was absolutely terrified that there was something wrong with you."

I chuckled "what did you even say to them?"

Charles grinned slightly, "well, after they tried to stop me, I believe I said something along the lines of 'listen, I am going to see my fucking Fiancé wether you like it or not, so if I were you I would get the fuck out of my way'. They weren't very happy with me."

I laughed loudly, "wow that was unexpected."

Charles pulled me close and hugged me tightly, I melted into his touch. If you asked me where my home was, I wouldn't say New York and I wouldn't say Germany, I would tell you that my home is in Charles' embrace. So long as I was in his arms, and he was in mine, I was home.

"I was so worried." He murmured softly.

"I'm alright." I whispered.

"Come on, let's get you home," He mumbled, "you need food, especially something sweet to bring your blood sugar up."

He let go of me so that he could jump off the desk. He grabbed my bag then wrapped his arm around my waist. I opened my mouth to protest about him carrying my bag however he shot me a 'no-nonsense' look that told me that I wouldn't be able to argue with him since there was no way I'd be able to change his mind.

"If I need to eat something sweet, does that mean you are for dessert?" I smirked.

He blushed, "we'll see. I don't know if you should have sex given the state you are in."

I pouted "please, you promised."

Charles looked as though he was fighting a huge internal battle. On the one hand I had just fainted but on the other, he could never say no to me.

"What if I promise to eat a lot so my blood sugar goes up. We can make it a nice romantic dinner, I'll cook something and you bake a chocolate cake with icing." I suggested.

"I suppose...just promise me that the next time you are an idiot and forget lunch, message me so that I can go and buy you something." Charles responded hesitantly after a moment more of internal debate.

I grinned flirtatiously "I'm sure I can agree to that."

Charles blushed then giggled slightly "I thought I was the flirtatious one darling."

I grinned at him then pressed a kiss to the top of his head "oh you are Love, I'm only flirtatious on certain occasions."

Charles rolled his eyes and grumbled "yeah, only when you want to convince me to do something."

As the lift door opened and we stepped out into the foyer, I chuckled, "no, I flirt with you when I can think of something to say, however since most of the time the things I want to say are extremely explicit I save it until we get into the bedroom."

Charles blushed then gently kissed my cheek. I looked up and say that there was a crowd of people standing in the reception. They were all whispering to each other and I caught a few snippets of their conversations.

"The boss is engaged, since when?"

"Is it to that bloke from the Christmas party?"

"Do you think he'd invite us to the wedding?"

"Why would his fiancé want to marry him?"

"Poor man, engaged to a miserable workaholic bastard called Schweitzer."

"Enough." I shouted.

The room fell silent.

"It is none of your business what goes on in my private life outside of work. I don't ask any of you what you do, so I'd like the same treatment. And no, I will not be inviting you to my wedding, except for one person who actually knows my fiancé." I announced.

The mutterings started up again. I caught Rose's eye and she winked at me. I was confused for a moment however I followed her gaze and saw that Charles was resting his head on his shoulder, his arms wrapped around my waist. I smiled down at him then pressed a kiss to the top of his head, breathing in the sweet scent of his shampoo.

"Why would you want to marry Schweitzer, he's a grumpy dickhead." One man called.

Charles glared at him, "Don't you dare talk about my fiancé like that. I love Eric and that's why I want to marry him, and only I get to call him a grumpy dickhead."

I glared at my employees - all of whom cowered and scrambled to get out of the foyer. After rolling my eyes, I walked with Charles to our car so that we could go home and have a nice romantic evening together.