Sixty - Christmas day

Charles' POV

I woke up bubbling with excitement. I may be a 27 year old man however I still get excited about Christmas. I checked my phone and saw that it was 6:30am. Grinning, I lent over and gently kissed Eric's lips.

"That's a nice way to wake up." Eric mumbled.

His hand rested on the back of my head as he pulled me into a deep kiss.

"Good morning Eric." I grinned excitedly.

"Morning Charles, merry Christmas." Eric smiled.

"Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to you." I smiled.

Eric sat up in bed before leaning over and picked something up off the floor; I stared at his bare chest. He turned and faced me holding a box wrapped in silver wrapping paper. Seeing that I was staring, he smirked then chuckled "you're staring, love."

"I know, there's a good view." I responded, not taking my eyes off him.

Eric blushed slightly "I have a present for you however if you want to keep staring..."

"I can multi-task." I grinned.

Eric handed me the box and I tore of the wrapping paper. I gasped, inside was a brown leather briefcase. I took it out and examined it. On the front it had two buckles to keep it shut. I ran my hands along the smooth leather and found an indentation. I turned it around and saw that on the back, the words "Property of Professor Charles Michael Francis" were engraved into the leather.

"Thank you so much Eric this is a beautiful gift." I gushed.

"Open it." He smiled.

I did what he said then gasped. He had spoilt me. Inside was a stack of books and a bunch of chocolate.

"Eric can you move closer to me please?" I asked.

Eric nodded then shuffled closer to me. I threw myself on him and hugged him tightly. "Thank you thank you thank you!!!" I squealed.

Eric chuckled "you're most welcome my love."

He hugged me back as lent my head up and softly kissed his lips.

"Want me to help you get ready?" He asked.

"If you wouldn't mind." I smiled gratefully.

Eric got out of bed then walked over to me and picked me up. After helping me shower and get dressed, he put me into my wheelchair and left me to do my hair.

About half an hour later, I rolled myself into the kitchen and found Eric - a white polo shirt, tan pants and a brown leather belt - starting to prepare the food for Christmas dinner.

"Hey handsome." I called.

"Hello mein leibe, you look incredibly handsome." He responded.

I blushed, I was wearing a light blue shirt and a grey suit - nothing special yet Eric still thought I was handsome.

It was as if he had read my mind because he called "Charles you look handsome in whatever you wear so don't say anything."

"How did you...?" I asked.

"I know you, you always try to insist that you aren't handsome when you are the most attractive man in the world."

My cheeks heated up. I wheeled myself over to Eric and wrapped my arms around him - I could only reach up to his waist so he took putty in me and lifted me out of the wheelchair so I could wrap my arms around him.

"Let me know if this hurts." He whispered as he moved my legs so they were wrapped around his waist.

Even when he touched my legs I couldn't feel anything. Eric placed his hands under my arse to stop me from slipping as I continued to hug him tightly. After gently kissing his lips I mumbled, "I love you Eri."

"I love you too Charlie." He whispered before carefully lowering me back into the wheelchair so that he could continue preparing the food for lunch.

About 3 hours later, there was a knock on the door. I rolled over to the door and opened it. Outside stood my siblings (surprisingly Lily was there, I assumed she would be late as usual).

"Merry Christmas." I grinned.

"Jeez who told Professor X to come out of the X-Men films?" James commented.

Logan, Lily and Eleanor burst out laughing.

"Oh ha ha very funny." I rolled my eyes.

Eric walked into the living room and grinned "hello everyone, what's got you all cackling like hyenas?"

"I said that Charles looks like Professor X." Laughed James.

"If you shaved his head they would be identical." Logan gasped.

I glared at him before flipping him off.

"Right no one is touching Charlie's hair." Eric stated.

I grinned up at him before looking at my siblings who had all stopped laughing. They were all staring at Eric, shocked expressions on their faces.

"He lets you call him Charlie?" Lily asked.

"Yes." Eric hand rested on my shoulder and I smiled.

"Holy shit." Lily stated.

Eleanor, Logan and James nodded.

"You must be special, Charles never even let Eleanor call him Charlie." Logan stated.

It was true, I never even let Eleanor call me Charlie however it just felt right when Eric called me it. I caught Eric's eye and we grinned at eachother.

"I'm going to grab the food as it's all ready." Eric announced before walking out.

I wheeled myself into the kitchen and asked "what do you want me to carry darling?"

"Nothing Charles, you go and get yourself organised at the table." Eric smiled.

"Alright, if you're sure." I responded before returning to the living room.

I parked my wheelchair next to the spot where Eric would be sitting and smiled over at my siblings.

"I have to ask, what's with the pride flag?" James chuckled.

"Oh yeah, Eric and I put it up to piss off our neighbours." I laughed.

"Wait OUR?" Lily asked.

"Oh yeah did my FIANCÉ and I not tell you we are living together?"

Logan - who was balancing his chair on the back 2 legs - toppled over backwards and landed on the floor.

"FIANCÉ!?" He exclaimed while Lily and James gaped.

Eleanor snorted while I started to laugh. As he lent against the doorframe, Eric chuckled at my brother's antics.

"YOU'RE ENGAGED!?" Shouted James.

"Damn that was unexpected." Lily chuckled.

Eric walked over, gently tipped my head backwards and kissed a sweet kiss to my lips.

"Well this was an entertaining way for your siblings to find out." He murmured into my ear.