Twenty-one - rose

Charles POV

Nervously, I walked into Eric's office building. I was nervous but very excited; I hadn't seen Eric in a few days.

"What do you want Mr?" A man asked as I walked in.

"Does Eric Schweitzer work here?" I responded politely.

"What do you want with the boss." He asked gruffly.

"There is a matter which we have to discuss that is of utmost importance." I smiled.

"Well he's busy at the moment. You can speak to his secretary though." He stated.

"I'm afraid I must speak to Eric," I announced, starting to get annoyed.

"Look I can take you to his office but he might send you away, he's a very busy man." The man (after reading his name tag I found out his name was John) stated.

"Thank you." I smiled.

I followed him up to a lift then got in after him. He pressed the button for the top floor then the lift began to rise.

"So how do you know the CEO?" The man (John) asked.

I smirked, "oh you know, here and there."

John looked confused at my vague answer but said nothing. When the lift doors opened, I stepped out and the man led me down to the end of the corridor.

He knocked on the door and it was opened by a young lady.

"What do you want, the boss and I are busy." She sneered.

I glared at her as John responded "Madeline, this man is here to see the boss."

I heard someone get up from a chair and walk over.

"Who is it?" Eric asked.

I then saw the wonderful sight of my boyfriend framed in the doorway.

"Charles!" He exclaimed happily.

"Hello darling." I grinned before I pulled Eric down by his tie then kissed his lips gently.

"Holy shit." Muttered John.

I looked over at Eric's assistant and saw that her lips were pursed. Evidently she was jealous but I don't blame her Eric is very attractive. Eric was blushing madly. I looked up into his eyes and smirked.

"Surprised to see me?"

"Very, what are you doing here? Not that I'm upset of course." Eric asked smiling.

"I came to give you this and say happy one week anniversary." I smiled and held out a plastic red rose.

"Thank you love, happy anniversary to you too." Eric smiled before kissing me again.

We were interrupted by an angry voice shouting "Enough if this nonsense, Eric we need to get back to work."

Eric looked at his assistant, a furious flint in his eye.

"You know what Madeline, if you haven't seen the love of your life in a few days because he's been ill, you would want to spend time with him. My work can wait as Charles is more important to me."

"What do you mean your work darling, it's our work." She simpered sickeningly.

My hands folded into fists. How dare she call MY Eric darling.

"Madeline, you're fired." Eric announced calmly.

The woman glared at Eric.

"If you ever call MY Eric darling, I will make you regret it." I glared, my face burning with anger.

"Is that a threat?" She asked.

"No it's a promise." I glowered.

If looks could kill, I can safely say that this woman would be dead.

She turned in her heel and stormed away.

My eyes were burning with fury however I relaxed slightly as Eric wrapped his arms around me.

"Hush love, I'm here." He whispered.

"This is so weird," John muttered before walking away "I can't wait to tell the rest of the staff."

I looked up at Eric as a tear rolled down my cheek. Eric wiped away the tear with his thumb then bent down and kissed me carefully.

"Charles, I love you, I don't want you worrying about irrelevant hoes like Madeline." Eric whispered.

"I love you too Eric." I whispered.

"Also, thank you for the rose." He smiled.

I grinned back at him "do you want to know why it's plastic?"

"Because you couldn't afford a real rose?" He asked jokingly.

"No, good guess though. When the rose I got you dies, that is when I will stop loving you." I smiled.

"It's plastic so it can't die..." Eric muttered slightly confused.

"Exactly," I smiled "if it can't die, what does that say about my love for you."

I looked up at Eric and saw that his eyes had gone slightly watery.

"Charles..." He whispered.

I smiled then Eric bent his head down and kissed me, sweetly but passionately.