Ninety-five - Partner

[4:29pm] 12/01/23

Charles: Will you be home soon handsome?

Eric: yes, I should be

Charles: yay

Eric: how was your day Schatz?

Charles: not too bad thanks

Charles: how was your day?

Eric: better now I'm talking to you

Charles: charmer

Eric: only to the charming

Charles: I love you

Eric: I love you too

[4:45pm]

Charles: looks as though a devil has spawned

Eric: tell Eleanor I say hi

[4:49pm]

Charles: she punched me

Eric: why?

Charles: I called her a midget

Eric: like you can talk

Charles: OI

[5:03pm]

Eric: I'm on my way home

Charles: good good

-----

Charles' POV

When the door opened and Eric walked in, I sprang from the couch and ran to greet him.

"ERIC!" I shouted, launching myself into his arms.

Catching me, Eric chuckled then kissed my lips carefully "hello Schatz."

I clung onto him tightly, my face resting against his chest "I missed you."

"I missed you too."

Even though I couldn't see her, I could tell that Eleanor was rolling her eyes with a small smile on her face, "come on you two, I have tea."

I let go of Eric then walked over to the sofa, letting Eric pull me into his lap when he sat down.

"What's the tea Els." I grinned.

Smirking at me she began, "well, a few months ago, I met someone in the library. Their name is Daisy and we've become best friends. Now I saw them today and we were talking about relationships, they said that they had a boyfriend called James. Obviously my interest was sparked so I found a bit more about him and discovered that his full name was James Robert Francis."

"OH MY GOD." I shouted, completely shocked, "does your friend know that...they are dating your brother."

El beamed at me, "you know, when they meet you, they're going to love you. You're one of a few people who have used their pronouns correctly. And no, Dais has no clue that James is my brother."

I smiled at her, "I look forward to meeting them."

"Can I ask a question?" Eric announced.

"Of course." El responded.

"Are they non binary, you're using they/them pronouns and I wanted to know so I don't offend then?" Eric asked cautiously.

Els nodded with a smile "they are."

"What else can you tell us about James' partner?" Charles asked.

"Well, their name is Daisy Turner, they are incredibly sweet, they're openly autistic, have had top surgery, they're a primary school teacher, they absolutely love McFly and 70s music, have 2 dogs and they are obsessed with X-Men." El babbled, excited to tell me about her best friend.

"They sound lovely and I can certainly see why you like them given the fact they love X-Men, will we get to meet them soon?" Charles asked.

"James sent me out as a messenger pigeon to invite you around to his apartment to meet Dais, and get a takeaway at about 5."

"Sounds good." I grinned, turning to Eric I murmured, "did you want to come or would you rather stay at home."

"Did you want me there?" Eric responded.

"I do." I whispered, kissing Eric on the cheek.

Somehow, Els knew what we were talking about, she's magic like that. "Eric, all the siblings are going to James', you're one of the siblings."

"Thank you Eleanor." He murmured.

She chuckled "honestly you can call me El I don't mind."

As Eric's chin rested on my shoulder, I could feel him smiling. I reached my hand up and tangled my fingers in his hair. Erik gently pressed a kiss to my neck then murmured "you said El would be able to help us...do you think."

Bubbling with excitement I nodded then asked, "Els, you know how excellent you are at pulling strings."

She eyed me suspiciously "what do you want Charles."

"Could you help us?" I asked.

Sensing that it was serious, Els sat up straight then responded "what with?"

Eric grabbed my hand and after taking a deep breath to calm my jittering nerves, I announced "would you be able to help us in the process of adopting?"

My sister stared at me for a moment then shrieked "OH MY GOD I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU."

She threw herself onto me and hugged both of us tightly.

"Careful Els." I chuckled, "you're squashing Eri."

"Oops sorry Eric." Eleanor grinned.

Eric chuckled "it's alright, don't worry about it."

Eleanor settled herself back down in the armchair and smiled "of course I'll help you," she stared at me before softly continuing "You'll be the best Dad Charles no need to be scared, you raised me after all and look how I turned out, I'm a fucking legend, you'll be a great father Eric."

"Oi no swearing around my child. But thank you Els." I laughed, grinning widely.

"Please you and Eric both cuss like sailors, you in French and Eric in German. But remember, shit sounds the same in any language."

Ok she had a point.

"Thank you for helping us El." Eric murmured, "this is big for us."

I kissed the back of Eric's hand gently causing him to mumble "you're too charming for your own good sometimes."

Grinning, I turned and kissed him on the lips, "I love you so much."

"I love you too." He mumbled against my lips, wrapping his arms around me tightly, holding me close.