Thirty-seven - dance

Eric's POV

The hall in which Charles'presentation was held was arranged in a unique way. Instead of having rows and rows of chairs there were small circular tables surrounded by 6-7 chairs. I was sat next to Charles and Eleanor at one of these tables; the rest of his siblings sat with us. Charles' hand was resting on the table and I grabbed it with mine. Charles looked over at me and smiled.

I bent my head down so that it was near his ear and whispered "Have I told you you look incredibly handsome this evening my love?"

"No you haven't darling." Charles whispered back.

"Well, you look incredibly handsome Charles." I murmured, kissing his cheek.

Charles blushed and I smiled. To be perfectly honest, handsome was an understatement. Charles looked impeccable, he was wearing a waistcoat, a white dress shirt (his sleeves were rolled up to his elbows), black slacks and shiny black dress shoes. He was breathtaking.

"You look gorgeous yourself Eric." He whispered.

I blushed. I definitely didn't look as good as Charles in my black suit and tie, black shoes and white shirt but I don't look bad (I hope). As Charles was talking to James, I couldn't help but stare at him - he looked so handsome. He ran his hand through his hair and I noticed that his shirt was unbuttoned at the top. Damn I'm not going to be able to take my eyes of the him now.

"Eric, you're staring." Eleanor whispered.

"Yeah, I know." I responded, without taking my eyes off Charles.

I could practically hear her rolling her eyes. Logan was chuckling as he asked quietly "are you enjoying staring at my brother Eric?"

"Yeah I am." I grinned.

Lily chuckled, "oi, Charles, lover boy over here is staring at you."

I blushed a deep crimson as Charles turned to face me, his cherry-red quirked up in a smirk. "You were staring?" He asked.

I bent my head close to his and murmured "you can't blame me, you look incredibly handsome darling."

Charles turned a little pink then gently kissed my lips. Unfortunately we were interrupted (shockingly not by Eleanor) by the Dean.

"Now that most people have finished their meal, the dance floor is open for anyone who wishes to dance."

I stood up then turned to Charles with my hand outstretched, "would you care to dance my dear?"

Charles took my hand then responded "yes, that sounds lovely darling."

As we walked to the dance floor, hand in hand, heads turned and stared at us. Charles just rolled his eyes "Eric love, fancy giving them a reasonable excuse to stare?"

I smirked then nodded. We positioned ourselves so that we could waltz - one of my hands on the small of Charles' back, the other clasped in his hand. Charles' free hand was resting on my chest. The music began to play and we started to dance. Eyes followed us as we danced around the floor, we were the only ones on the dance floor until Charles' siblings joined us (Eleanor was dancing with Logan and Lily was dancing with James).

"Congratulations on your award Charles, I'm so proud of you." I murmured as we continued to dance.

"Thank you Eric." Charles smiled widely.

My breath caught in my throat as I noticed how close Charles and I actually were. I smiled, then closed the gap between us as I pressed my lips to his. My hand moved slightly meaning that it was now resting dangerously close to Charles' butt.

Charles chuckled then kissed my cheek lightly as we carried on dancing.

"Thank you for coming Eric." He breathed in my ear.

"It's not a problem darling." I beamed down at him.

By that point it was past 8pm and the crowd of people in the hall was slowly starting to thin.

"Shall we go home Eric?" Charles asked.

"Oh yes let's, I've been trying so hard not to drag you out of the hall and rip your shirt off as you look so hot." I chuckled.

Charles laughed then after shooting me a smirk, he whispered "well I am certainly not going to deny you that request."

I smirked back. As the song came to an end, I span Charles around then dipped him, causing the audience to clap loudly.

Charles and I grinned and turned slightly pink. We grabbed our belongings before saying goodbye to Charles' siblings.

"Don't forget to use protection." Eleanor whispered, only just loud enough for us to hear.

Charles and I turned a deep shade of red. My boyfriend glared at Eleanor before we walked out, my arm wrapped around his waist.