Sixty-four - lightbulb

Eric's POV

Charles had carefully moved himself out of his wheelchair and onto my lap. I grinned then wrapped my arms around him and pulled him close. He lent up and kissed my cheek before running a hand through my hair.

"Awwwwww." Whispered Rose.

"I know my brother and his fiancé are adorable however can we shift the conversation away from them as I don't want it to shift back to their sex life." Eleanor announced.

I chuckled before politely asking "I have a question, how exactly did you all meet?"

"Well, I met Hannah in a bar. We sat next to each other and shared some drinks. It all exploded from there."

"Wait aren't you only 20, Hannah?" I stated.

"It's a marvel what a fake ID can do for you." She smirked.

Charles rolled his eyes, "Hannah has had a bad influence on Eleanor."

"She has but it's hilarious." Cackled Eleanor.

"I met Hannah at work - we both study criminology, I actually met Eleanor through her brother Logan." Isla smiled.

It was hard to notice from the position I was sat - Charles nested in my lap - however I was sure Isla's cheeks had gone slightly pink. Evidently I wasn't the only person to notice it as Hannah smirked at her.

A knock at the door interrupted Rose, who had just opened her mouth to speak. Eleanor stood up and opened the door.

"Logan how nice of you to join us." She grinned.

"Hey dickhead." Charles called.

"Good to see you too you fucking Grandpa." Logan laughed.

I chuckled - their way of showing their love for each other was very amusing.

"So what are you talking about?" Logan asked as he sat down next to Eleanor and Charles.

"The girls were just saying how they all met each other." I smiled.

"Did Isla tell you about the lightbulb incident?" Logan asked.

The girls started to laugh.

"I haven't heard of this story, do tell me." Charles exclaimed.

"Well Isla and I had been working together for almost a year, we had become good friends." Logan began.

"I had been friends with Isa for at least a year - it's hard to remember the specifics." Hannah laughed.

"Well Isla didn't feel like working so she said to me "I bet I could convince the boss to give me the day off." I insisted that she wouldn't be able to do it so do you know what she did?" Logan started laughing.

"What did she do?" I asked.

"She hung herself from the doorframe and when the boss asked what she was doing she said that she was a lightbulb."

Everyone began laughing loudly. Isla was slightly red however she was too busy looking at Logan to care.

"The boss then told her to go home for the day. But it was Logan's response that makes it even funnier." Hannah smirked.

"Hannah no, don't you dare." Logan blushed.

Charles was crying with laughter as he stared between Hannah, Isla and Logan. I gently wiped his eyes with my thumb as Isla asked "what did Logan say?"

"He started walking after Isla and when the boss asked where he was going he said "I have two responses for your question - pick your favourite." The boss asked what the options were and Logan said "well you can't expect me to work in the fucking dark." It gets better though."

Everyone roared with laughter Logan looked rather pleased with himself at his wit.

"What was the second option?" Charles asked.

"He said "I need to go and screw the lightbulb" before walking out." Hannah finished, gasping for breath as she laughed so hard.

Logan turned bright red, as did Isla.

Eleanor whispered something into Isla's ear, I couldn't exactly hear what it was however it was something along the lines of  "seriously, my brother, you need to get some fucking taste."

I buried my head in Charles' shoulder as I laughed. Charles wrapped his arms around me and continued to laugh. It was a beautiful sound - I could listen to it for hours on end. I wish I could hear Charles laugh every moment of every day.

"I hate you Hannah." Grumbled Logan.

"Someone put the kettle on." Charles whispered.

I chuckled then ran my hands through his hair.

"Go fuck yourself." Logan spat.

I don't think he meant it to come out so rudely however Charles flinched.

"Unfortunately, due to my paralysis I can't do that. For future reference I'll thank you not to mention the fact that I can't do much." Charles responded, his voice harsh and cool.