Seventy-three - New Year

Erik POV

"So, do you have something to tell us Eleanor" Charles asked.

Eleanor blushed bright red causing everyone to chuckle.

"Nope, nothing to share at all." She responded.

I raised my eyebrow at her but didn't say anything. Charles looked as though he wasn't going to let the subject drop so I whispered "Leave it, we can interrogate her another day. All those times she interrogated us will come around."

I felt my fiancé's smirk against my chest so I gently pressed a kiss to the top of his soft brown hair. Charles moved his head from where it was resting against my chest and tilted it upwards. Smiling, I bent down and pressed my lips against his in a gentle kiss.

"Oh get a room." James groaned.

Charles flipped off his brother, "no."

James sighed "I suppose we are getting what we asked."

Before I could ask what James was talking about there was a knock at the door. I checked my watch - it was half past eleven. Half an hour until new years.

Since Charles was not planning on moving from my lap (no complaints from me), Eleanor stood up and walked over to the door. After opening it, she laughed "well well well, look who decided to grace us with her presence."

Stepping back, Eleanor allowed Lily to walk into the apartment before shutting the door behind her.

"Hey Lil's, nice to see that you're on time." Logan laughed.

"Haha very funny, sorry I'm late there was a lot of traffic." Lily explained, flopping down on the sofa next to James.

"Hello dear." Charles smiled.

I chuckled, he sounded a lot like an old man when he spoke like that. I wrapped my arms around him and held him close to me.  Gently, I pressed a kiss to his forehead before whispering "you sound like an old man."

Charles pouted "I thought you were supposed to be on my side."

Chuckling, I kissed his lips "oh I am, for someone who can act like an old man you certainly are very sexy."

Charles blushed then hid his head in my shoulder. Rather pleased with myself, I smiled then rested one of my hands on the back of his head.

"Do they ever get a room?" Lily asked.

"Hey we are just getting what we asked for." Sighed Logan.

"What?" I asked, very confused.

From where she was sat leaning against Logan, Isla piped up "Charles' siblings have been trying to get him to be more comfortable with his partner around them for years. You're the first person anyone has seen him truly comfortable with showing physical affection."

I looked down at Charles, a wide grin on my face.

"I've never seen a couple that is more in love than Charles and Eric." Rose stated.

"Very true." Hannah agreed, "I've never seen a couple that get hard from only one kiss, normally it takes a couple kisses."

Charles and I blushed. Somehow I wasn't surprised that Hannah said that.

"Someone change the conversation topic." Eleanor shouted causing the rest of the room to laugh.

I looked at my watch and saw that there was only 30 seconds until midnight.

"It's almost midnight." I announced.

Logan turned on the TV and found the channel showing the Times Square fireworks. Everyone watched in anticipation as the countdown started.

"5." James began.

"4." Continued Hannah.

"3." Announced Logan.

"2." Eleanor grinned.

"1," Lily stated.

"Happy new year." I whispered before pulling Charles into a passionate kiss.

Nothing mattered around me. All that mattered was that I was kissing Charles at midnight on New year's, pouring all my love into the kiss.

Eventually we broke apart from the sound of wolf whistles. I took a deep breath then beamed down at my fiancé. Charles grinned back at me, his eyes full of love.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." I responded quietly.

I was about to kiss him again however we were interrupted by Eleanor stating "I must say that was some kiss."

"Awww you jealous?" Charles asked.

Everyone chuckled (apart from Eleanor who decided to flip Charles off).

"Eleanor don't interrupt them." Rose hissed.

I chuckled and pulled Charles into another kiss.