Seventy-six - Introductions

Charles' POV

I nervously held Eric's hand as we walked up to his father's house. What if they didn't like me? What if they thought I wasn't good enough for Eric? What if they didn't accept our relationship? All these thoughts were clouding my mind, I didn't realise I was shaking until Eric stated "it's going to be alright Charles."

I stopped walking and turned to face him. He pulled me into his chest and gave me a hug, "they would be idiots not to love you."

I smiled painfully at him, "are they...ok with...us?"

Eric smiled "well they don't know we are together but they know I'm gay, I've just never brought someone to meet them before."

"You haven't?" I asked.

Eric chuckled "no, remember I've never been in a proper relationship before you."

I buried my face in his chest "sorry darling."

Eric rubbed my back "don't worry, you were busy being your usual overthinking self."

I laughed "you know me so well."

I grabbed his hand then turned towards the house. Eric smiled at me and squeezed my hand reassuringly before knocking on the door.

It was opened by a tall, broad-shouldered man with blonde hair and the same shark-like grin as Eric.

"Alright Eric, come in," he grinned, his eyes fell onto me and he chuckled "well this is certainly a surprise."

"Hello Uncle Liam, this is Charles." He smiled.

Ah so this was the smart Uncle. I smiled at him "hello, nice to meet you sir."

He laughed then stepped aside and allowed us to enter. We walked into a spacious modern house with freshly painted walls.

"Everyone a miracle has happened." Eric's uncle called.

Eric hid his head in his hand as he led us into the living room where a crowd of people were sitting down.

"What's the miracle?" A lady asked.

She had mousy brown hair and square glasses framed her face.

"Eric's brought someone." Gasped a man with brown hair and a coffee in his hand, I'm assuming that was Sean.

"My son brought someone? Well this is a day I thought I'd never see." Eric's dad announced.

He was an odd looking man, tall and broad but with the smallest eyes ever framed by a pair of horn rimmed glasses. His beady eyes glared at me making me feel very uncomfortable.

"Who is he Eric?" An old lady asked.

Eric squeezed my hand then smiled "this is Charles, my fiancé."

The room fell silent. You could have heard a pin drop. I shifted awkward, Erik let go of my hand wand wrapped his arm around my waist. I looked up at him, unsure of what to do. He smiled down at me and pressed a kiss to my cheek. I instantly felt better. He's a miracle.

"Damn I never thought Eric would be the first to get married." A man announced.

"Sean, you seem to forget that I'm the eldest." Eric rolled his eyes.

Ah so I was right.

"And you're the most antisocial who tends to be a bit of a sociopath." The bespectacled lady spoke.

"I don't think he's a bit of a sociopath, I think he's extremely charming." I stated quietly.

Eric chuckled, "you say that as though you don't know my reputation at work Schatz."