Sixty-six - matchmaker

Charles' POV

Boxing Day ended quite nicely. I sat in Eric's lap while he dozed lightly. I smiled at him - he looked adorable when he slept.

"Do you ever stop staring at him?" Logan chuckled.

I grinned over at him - I had forgiven him for what he had said earlier, after all he didn't know how much his words hurt because I haven't told him that I've been struggling mentally with the fact that I'm paralysed.

"It's not my fault he's just perfect." I smiled.

"I'm sorry Charles." He whispered.

"It's ok little brother." I smiled.

I continued to stare at my sleeping fiancé before I turned to Logan, smirking, and asked "so Isla huh?"

Logan blushed "yeah she's an amazing girl but I don't think she likes me."

He was evidently blind. I looked over at Isla and saw that she was looking at Logan, blushing furiously.

"You should talk to her." I smiled encouragingly.

"What if she rejects me?" Logan argued.

"What if she doesn't?" I counterargued.

Logan stared thoughtfully before getting up and walking over to Isla.

"Playing matchmaker are we." Mumbled Eric.

"Yes it's rather fun." I chuckled.

I ran my fingers through Eric's hair and smiled fondly at him. His eyes were still closed however I could see the trace of a small smile on his lips.

"Charles can I put on some Christmas music?" Rose asked.

I nodded and she shuffled a playlist of Christmas songs. I smiled as the sound of the first song, it was one of my favourites. I quietly sang a long and stared lovingly at Eric.

"I want you to know that I'm never leaving
'Cause I'm Mrs. Snow, 'til death we'll be freezing
Yeah, you are my home, my home for all seasons
So come on, let's go
Let's go below zero and hide from the sun
I love you forever where we'll have some fun."

"Yes, let's head to the North Pole and live happily
Please, don't cry no tears now, it's Christmas, baby" Eric whispered.

I grinned at him and pressed my lips against his.

"I love you Charles." He mumbled.

"I love you too handsome," I murmured, "you go back to sleep, you look exhausted."

Eric smiled lazily before his eyes drooped shut and he fell back asleep. I gently stroked his hair while he slept, a smile forever present on my face.

"Awwwwww." Whispered Rose.

I smiled at her, blushing slightly, before she asked "so how has this Christmas been Charles?"

"It's been the best one I've had by far. How has yours been Rose?" I grinned.

"Same old, same old." She laughed.

I chuckled before looking back at Eric - I couldn't help it, he's my favourite person.

"You really are smitten aren't you." She chuckled.

"I am engaged to him." I smiled.

"True. But you really love him - I've never seen you this way before." She laughed.

"Well Eric's just different from everyone else, he's...I can't quite put him into words as it feels like it isn't enough. Eric is the most beautiful person ever - not only is he a handsome man but also his personality and soul are the most beautiful things ever. He's my favourite person in the world and I just love him so much."

After my speech, everyone was staring at me and I blushed.

"Damn you got the hots for him bad." Hannah stated with a smirk.

Eric's hand tightened around my waist and he pulled me back so I was leaning on his chest.

"That was the most sappy and adorable thing ever - I loved it." He whispered.

I chuckled "you were awake the whole time?"

"Yes, otherwise I wouldn't have heard it silly." He chuckled sleepily.

I grinned before gently kissing his lips.

"Eleanor if you interrupt them I swear to God I'll punch you." Hissed Isla.

When I broke apart from Eric I laughed at Isla's antics. Eric pulled me close to him before he fell asleep; I smiled and caressed his cheek gently.