Sixty-five - laugh

Charles' POV

I glared at Logan, his words may have been meant as a joke however it still hurt. Eleanor violently punched Logan on the arm causing him to tell "owww what was that for Eleanor?"

"You stupid prick, you upset Charles." She shouted.

Eric's arms tightened around me, he lent down and whispered "it's alright leibe, I'm here."

Eric picked me up and walked out of the living room without saying a word. He sat down on our bed and held me close. My head rested on his shoulder as the tears streamed down my cheeks.

"I can't do it Eric, I need to be able to walk, it's driving me insane." I whispered.

Gently rubbing me back, he murmured "You've been amazing Charlie, you will be able to walk soon I know you will."

"It's stupid, I'm getting upset over something that I know was supposed to be a joke." I mumbled.

"It's not stupid, don't worry love I'm here." He whispered soothingly.

I winced with pain - my leg twinged. Eric's head snapped up and carefully moved me so that I was lying down on the bed.

"Where does it hurt?" He asked urgently.

"I'm fine Eric, my leg just twinged slightly. Do you think you could try and help me walk?" I murmured.

Eric looked reluctant however he knew how much it would mean to me so he said "I'm not going to be able to say no to you when you look like that, I'll help however I'll keep hold of you at all times."

I nodded and pushed myself up. Eric helped me get out of bed before placing his hands on my waist.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"Yes." I whispered.

I stepped forward - I didn't fall. I tried to step again however it was a lot harder than the first time. When I tried to step forward for the third time, I couldn't as my legs were refusing to move. I growled in frustration - I sank to the floor as my legs refused to support me any more. Putting my head between my knees, I cried.

Arms wrapped around me and lifted me up. Eric hugged me tightly and murmured "you did so well Charlie, you can only improve from here."

I hugged Eric tightly as I continued to cry. Eventually, my tears subsided and I was just wrapped in Eric's arms letting out small whimpers.

-----

Eric's POV

Charles' sobs broke my heart. It really wasn't fair that he had to go through this much pain. As I gently rubbed his back and whispered in his ear soothingly, a head poked around the door. It was Eleanor.

When she saw the sight of Charles crying in my arms her eyes widened.

"Don't worry I'll handle it." I mouthed to her as I continued to soothe Charles.

She nodded at me before walking away.

"Ich liebe dich so sehr, mein Schatz. Mach dir keine Sorgen, ich bin für dich da." I murmured.

(I love you so much my treasure. Don't worry I'm here for you).

Charles looked at me, his eyes red and puffy and gave me a watery smile. I gently kissed his lips before wiping away the tears that rolled down his cheeks with my thumb.

"Danke Eric, du bist mein Lieblingsmensch auf der Welt und ich bin so dankbar, dich in meinem Leben zu haben. Ich liebe dich." He whispered, his face inches away from mine.

(Thank you Eric, you are my favorite person in the world and I am so thankful to have you in my life. I love you).

My eyes widened slightly. Damn I loved it when Charles spoke German - I wish he was doing it under better circumstances.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked.

Charles nodded slightly then mumbled "let's go back to the others, and enjoy the rest of the day."

It pained me to hear him sound so sad. I smiled down at him before tickling him.

Charles squealed with laughter "stop it Eric it tickles."

I didn't stop, I just walked into the living room still ticking Charles. Who was squirming as much as he could given that his legs weren't moving. As Charles continued to laugh I smiled down at him fondly.

"There's the most beautiful sound on earth." I whispered.

Charles blushed however he continued to giggle. I walked into the living room with a laughing Charles in my arms. The girls looked up - well all the girls apart from Eleanor who was punching Logan repeatedly.

"Leave him alone Els." Charles called before I tickled him again causing him to squeal.

Eleanor pouted but stopped punching Logan. When she turned and faced us, she smiled at the sight of Charles in my arms still dying with laughter.

"Thank you." She mouthed.

"I'm sorry Charles." Logan whispered.

"No harm done little bro." Charles' smile looked slightly forced so I started to tickle him again.

"ERICCCCCC." He screeched.

"Eric probably prefers it when you moan his name Charles." Hannah smirked.

I blushed a deep shade of red causing Hannah to laugh loudly.