Thirty-two - moving in

[7:41am] 27/11/23

Eric: Hey Charles is it ok if I start to move some of my things into your apartment today?

Charles: of course. I'll leave a key under the doormat for you. Have you not got work today?

Eric: I have to go in for a meeting in the morning however I'll be free for the rest of the day

Charles: that's nice, it's a shame I can't help you :(

Eric: Don't worry, I'll be there when you get home so if you wouldn't mind, would you help me settle in

Charles: I'd love to

Eric: great see you later

Charles: bye handsome

[2:23pm]

Eric: I've moved everything into your apartment Charles

[2:25pm]

Charles: OUR apartment Eric

Charles: any YAYYYYYY

Charles: it's really happening

Eric: yes it is

Charles: I think I'll be home in about an hour or so

Eric: that's good

Eric: oh by the way a parcel came for you

Charles: ok thanks, open in and tell me what's in it please

Eric: you trust me to do that?

Charles: if course

Eric: then I shall open it for you

[2:31pm]

Eric: it's a giant pride flag

Charles: great it came in time

Eric: see you later

[3:56pm]

Charles: I'm back love

Eric: yay

-----

Charles' POV

I walked into what was now mine and Eric's apartment and grinned. My boyfriend had just moved in with me. God I love him. Eric was sat in the sofa, reading; when I walked in he looked up from his book and smiled.

"Hey love." He called.

"Wotcha Eric, how are you?" I grinned, walking over towards him and flipping down onto the sofa next to him.

"I am very well thank you Charles, how are you?" He smiled.

"Amazing." I was bubbling with excitement

Eric chuckled at me, to be fair I did look rather amusing. I was sat in the edge of the sofa bouncing with glee.

I lent over and kissed Eric on the lips mumbling "I love you darling." He smiled then after kissing me back, he whispered "I love you too leibe."

"Shall we go piss of the homophobic neighbour?" I asked with a smirk.

"That sounds wonderful." Eric smirked back.

As we stood up, I grabbed the flag in one hand and Eric's hand in the other. We walked out of the apartment then I knocked on the door of the one opposite.

The door opened and a lady stuck her head out, "yes, what do you want?"

I let go of Eric's hand and hid the pride flag behind my back before asking "do you think you could take a few pictures of me and my new roommate please?"

Grudgingly, she nodded. She stepped out of her apartment. After unlocking my phone, I handed it to her. Eric and I stood in front of the door to our apartment smiling. After taking a few pictures she asked "is that it?"

"Could you do a few more please?" Eric asked.

This was our time to shine. Eric and I both grabbed a corner of the flag and wrapped it around our shoulders like a cape. I stood on my tip-toes an pressed my lips to Eric's cheek while Eric's arm snakes around my waist, pulling me close and stopping me from wobbling.

The lady made some grumbling sounds and I had to try not to laugh. Honestly people can be so stupid. Love is love. What is wrong with that?

She glared at us as she handed back my phone. I looked at the pictures and saw that they were actually decent.

"Thank you!" I grinned.

She looked at us as if we were dirt on her feet. "You should not be together it is wrong, you should be with respectable young women."

Eric and I looked at each other before I pulled him into a deep kiss. The woman let out a disgusted sound then stormed back into her apartment and slammed the door.

I burst into laughter, as did Eric.

"Serves that homophobic bitch right." He muttered darkly.

"She did get some decent photos though." I smiled slightly then showed him the photos.

He nodded in agreement before wrapping his arms around me and squeezing me gently.

"Ich liebe dich so sehr, Charles, du bedeutest mir die Welt." He murmured. I love you so much Charles you mean the world to me.

"I love you too Eric, I don't know what I'd do without you." I smiled, leaning my head on his chest.

"Shall we go inside?" He asked

I nodded then smirked "let's put the flag up first."

Eric laughed. Together, we hang the pride flag on our door before walking into our apartment.