Fifty-seven - film

[10:29am] 22/12/22

Charles: Morning Eric

Eric: good morning my love

Eric: how's your back?

Charles: it doesn't hurt anymore

Eric: that's good

Eric: how are your legs?

Charles: I still can't feel them

Eric: awww I'm sorry to hear that

Charles: it's really annoying, I hate not being able to walk

Eric: I shall have to give you a kiss to make you feel better

Charles: oh please do

Eric: I'm coming

Charles: good

[10:47am]

Eric: I need to get back to my work, do you need anything?

Charles: no thanks love

Eric: let me know when you want something

[1:42pm]

Eric: I've finished my work for the day, do you want to watch a film?

Charles: oooo yes

Charles: let me just get into my wheelchair

Eric: or I could just carry you

Charles: that works

Eric: I shall come and get you my prince

Charles: you're a silly man darling

Eric: I'm YOUR silly man

Charles: very true

Eric: <3

-----

Eric's POV

I walked into the bedroom and found Charles lying on the bed. I pressed a kiss to his forehead then carefully picked him up.

"Hey Eric." He grinned.

As I carried him into the living room, I responded cheerfully "hello Charles, does this hurt?"

"No love." He smiled.

I put him down on the sofa before sitting down next to him. He tried (and failed) to move himself onto my lap so I carefully picjed him back up and sat him on my lap. My arms wrapped around him, holding him close, as my hands rested on his chest. One of his hands rested on top of one of mine while the other was holding the back of my head. He pulled me close to him then gently kissed my lips.

"I love you." I mumbled against his lips.

"I love you too Eric." He murmured.

"What do you want to watch leibe?" I asked.

"Could we watch a marvel film?"

"If course, which one do you want to watch?" I smiled.

"Hmmmm, what about Iron Man?" He suggested.

"Sounds good." I grinned.

I grabbed the TV remote then after flicking through Disney+ I found the film. If we had been watching this when Charles wasn't paralysed, he would be wiggling with excitement as the into music played.

"This is nice." Charles whispered.

"It is." I murmured.

As the film played, every so often I would run my hands through Charles' hair, pull him closer then kiss his head.

Watching my favourite film series with my favourite person is the best way to spend an afternoon. If only Charles wasn't having to suffer through not being able to walk. No matter how much he tries to hide it, I know it's taking a toll on him. He spends a lot of the time, lying on the bed staring into space as he feels like he is useless. I try to reassure him that he's not useless however I know he doesn't believe me. It's definitely a lot for him to have to deal with - especially so close to Christmas.

"You are a strong, independent, intelligent, kind and beautiful man Charles. Never forget that." I murmured, kissing his cheek.

Charles buried his head into my chest as be continued to watch the film before whispering "don't lie Eric, I'm useless like this."

"Charles you are not useless, everyone needs help doing things and just because you require a wheelchair temporarily, doesn't make you useless." I stated.

I squeezed Charles gently and he sighed "thanks Eric."

"It's not a problem my dear fiancé." I smiled before gently kissing his lips.

After the film had finished, Charles and I stayed cuddled up on the sofa as neither of us could be bothered to move (correction neither if us could be bothered to move Charles).