Eighty-three - beers

Eric's POV

After he was ever so helpful in decreasing my stress (definitely not via a blow job...), Charles drove us to the store to pick up some beers before driving us back to our apartment. We walked into the building, hand in hand. When we opened the door to our apartment, we found James and Logan sat inside.

"Nice of you to show up." Logan commented.

Charles laughed "Sorry, we got held up."

We walked over to the sofa and I sat down, carefully placing the beers in the floor and pulling Charles onto my lap, a wide smile on my mouth. I loved being with him.

James was staring at us, eyeing us up. He looked as though he was trying to decipher a code. A smirk spread across his face, he whispered something to Logan who smirked and asked, "Charles, how come you and Eric came home together, didn't you have classes?"

He knew. Damn James was smart. What does he even do? It sounds awful, he's my fiancé's brother and he's one of my best friends and I don't even know what he does.

"I had the afternoon off so I picked up Eric then we went to get the beers."

"And what did you do before you got the beers?" Logan asked. It was written all over his face that he knew and my anxiety didn't like that.

My leg didn't even have time to shake as Charles put his hand on my thigh and whispered, "it's alright, don't worry, they don't care, they were way worse when they were younger."

I chuckled nervously before burying my head in Charles' neck, gently kissing the soft skin. He giggled "Eric that tickles."

The twins were staring at us.

"As I think Eric had a good time." James grinned.

"Piss off." I mumbled.

Oh shit I probably shouldn't have said that. My thoughts clouded over and my overthinking began spiralling. Luckily, it stopped when I heard James roar with laughter.

"Lucky bastard." Logan grumbled.

"Oh yeah, how's Isla Logan?" Charles smirked.

I snorted, I loved seeing Charles tease his brothers, it was incredibly amusing. Logan flipped off Charles and mumbled "go fuck yourself."

Laughing, I announced, "right who wants a beer?"

James cheered loudly." I knew I liked you Eric."

"That's the way to win me over." Logan commented, taking the beer from my outstretched hand.

"Charles did you want a beer or did you want to steal mine?" I asked.

Charles turned around and faced me, a cheeky grin on his face "I'll steal some of yours."

Rolling my eyes, I cracked open a beer and took a swig before handing it to Charles and letting him have some. He kissed my cheek and I shook my head, chuckling fondly. Mein Gott I love that man so much it's indescribable.

"So you said you wanted to talk to us about something." Logan remarked.

"Yes," Charles nodded, "you see Eric and I were talking about our wedding plans and the topic of who our best men will be and I and I wanted to ask one of you two."

"Dibs on being Charles best man." James shouted.

"Go fuck yourself." Logan glared, "I wanted to be Charlie's best man."

Charles' face turned thunderous "Don't call me Charlie, you know I hate it. Just for that, James will you be my best man?"

James nodded, "yes, I'd love too big bro."

Logan pouted "sorry Charles."

I wrapped my arms around his waist and held him close. Quietly, I murmured in his ear, "Do you want me to stop calling you Charlie?"

"No," Charles breathed, "I only like it when you call me it."

I smiled at my gorgeous lover before turning my head and glancing over at Logan. He still looked slightly upset. I did feel bad for him but at least the brother I knew better was my best man (if he said yes of course).

"Logan, it may not be the same but I was wondering if you wanted to be my best man?" I offered.

Logan stared up at me in shock, "Me, be your best man?"

I nodded.

"Why me though?" Logan added.

I chuckled "now this may come as a surprise but I don't really have many friends-"

Charles snorted and James interrupted with "wow that's so shocking."

I grinned "and, you have become my family and I want someone that I like to be my best man. And I know that we don't know everything about each other I'd like you to be my best man as quite frankly, the other people it could be do not know the side of me that you see. You know me better than my own cousin, so I'd love for you to be my best man."

Logan stared at me before his face split into a wide grin "I'd be honoured."

Charles cheered "eyyy, now both of you will shut up and not argue."

Everyone laughed loudly. James stood up and proposed a toast "to Charles and Eric, good luck with your wedding planning as Logan and I will probably be useless."

"To Charles and Eric." Logan echoed.

"To the best fiancé in the world." Charles beamed.

"To the best person in the world, I love you Charles and I can't live without you. To us having the best wedding ever." I announced before taking a sip of my beer.

"Our wedding will be perfect." Charles insisted.

I smiled down at him and brought our lips together in a gentle kiss. It was tender and beautiful, something I wish would never end. We were cut off by James and Logan wolf whistling.

"It's me and you, of course it will be perfect." I mumbled against his lips.

Charles grinned then kissed me on the lips again. One of my hands had navigated into Charles' hair. He has the softest hair ever and it feels amazing as it slides through my fingertips so well.

When we broke apart again, Charles took the beer out of my other hand and had a sip.

"I wish I wasn't single." James announced.

"Good luck finding someone who wants you." Charles smirked.

Logan roared with laughter.

"Screw all of you, except Eric, Eric's nice." James glared.

I laughed loudly, "Me, nice???"

Charles chuckled, "I hate to break it to you James but Eric doesn't do nice. He's only nice to you because if he was a dick towards you, it would make me sad."

I nodded. I don't do nice. I do scathing insults, little patience and heavy sarcasm. James glared at Charles then stated, "you have some kind of magical power that makes you able to do whatever people say. Are you some kind of psychic?"

Charles smiled mysteriously "you never know."

I grinned, "I don't know, if anything he's more telekinetic as he doesn't need to touch me to raise my dick."

Charles turned bright red from embarrassment while Logan and James turned bright red from laughing so hard. The smirk plastered on my face showed everyone how pleased I was.

"I hate you." Charles groaned, his head buried in the crook of my neck.

"No you don't." I retorted.

"No, I really don't." Charles breathed so quietly it would have been Impossible to hear him if he wasn't very close to my ear.

I smiled then pressed my lips to the top of his head.

"I love you Schatz."

"I love you too my darling." Charles responded.