00 | Prologue

T  A  E  H  Y  U  N  G

Navigating the sea of politicians and their extravagantly dressed companions, I moved stealthily through the pre-inauguration ceremony, blending into the background as a disguised waiter. The silver tray in my left hand bore glasses of champagne, concealing a far more dangerous intent.

My mission, shrouded in the clandestine whispers of political intrigue, held a peculiar twist. The order to eliminate the president-elect came not from a rival faction or external threat but from within the winning political party itself. The shocking revelation from my boss underscored the complexity of the task at hand.

As I discreetly approached the target, the weight of the mission settled on my shoulders. The air hummed with celebration and anticipation, unaware of the clandestine motives that lurked beneath the facade of the pre-inauguration festivities. The delicate dance of politics was about to take a sinister turn, and I, disguised as a mere waiter, held the key to an unprecedented act of betrayal within the echelons of power.

The revelation of the Vice President's involvement in the sinister plot added a layer of complexity to the already convoluted mission. As I discreetly moved through the celebratory crowd, my eyes caught the Vice President-to-be staring at the president from a distance, the implications of their betrayal casting a sinister shadow over the political landscape.

In a world where even the highest echelons of power harbored dark secrets, the realization of the Vice President's desire for the president's demise sent a shiver down my spine.

"Hey there!"

With my tray now empty, the urgency of completing the mission gnawed at me. However, a woman's voice called me from around a corner, disrupting my focus. Her suspicious smile beckoned me, presenting a dilemma. I weighed the risks of straying from the mission against the potential consequences of appearing too focused on the task at hand. The balance between blending in and fulfilling my deadly objective became a delicate dance in this intricate web of political intrigue.

Caught in the unexpected turn of events, I followed her into the women's washroom, my mind swirling with questions. The abrupt pull on my left hand and the subsequent door lock left me grappling with the uncertainty of her intentions.

As she meticulously checked each stall, the bizarre thought crossed my mind: Does she want to engage in a clandestine rendezvous with a waiter? The absurdity of the situation mingled with the seriousness of my mission.

"I-what is going on?" I intentionally stuttered, feigning confusion, my eyes darting around the restroom as if seeking answers in its mundane features.

She closed the distance with a smirk, her directive cutting through the awkward atmosphere. "Drop that," she ordered, pointing to the tray I clutched in my hands. The trajectory of the mission took an unexpected detour, and the restroom became an unlikely stage for a clandestine encounter that promised to unravel more things than I had bargained for.

The unexpected encounter took a steamy turn as she forcefully relieved me of the tray, letting it crash to the floor. Confusion still lingered in my expression as she, undeterred, began negotiating with a wad of cash.

"I-I why?" I stammered, seeking some semblance of understanding. Ignoring my question, she tucked the cash into my pocket, pushing me against the restroom door.