10 | So she needs a mom

T  A  E  H  Y  U  N  G

"Isn't nice that our kids can get along like that?" As usual, Mono's mom tried to start a conversation but I had too much on my head and pretending to want to converse with her wasn't what I could bring myself to do.

"Mono's mom—" I got cut off.

"Please call me Heather," Not that I was interested in knowing her name but okay... "Then can I call you Taehyung?" She asked probably hoping I would say 'yes'

"As I was saying, Heather, Our kids do not get along well. In fact, My Nuke hates your kid...and I know what you're trying to do but I'm so sorry, I can't hook up with my daughter's classmate's mom so I would appreciate it if you stopped trying to talk to me," I said in a stretch. I was getting tired of having to be polite to her. I didn't want her and I wanted her to know that.

"If you don't want to hook up, why don't we date? My husband's dead and Reality's mom is not in the picture. Our kids can learn how to get along," she uttered, earning a scoff from me. She completely ignored the part where I said I would appreciate it if she stopped trying to talk to me and continued talking.

"Reality can call me Mommy and Mono can call you Daddy. Don't you want a son?" She added.

Hypothetically, if Heather and I happened to get together, Reality would bully the living daylight out of Mono. The house would be bloodbath everyday and knowing Reality wanted to grow up to be an Hired Killer, Mono might just be her first kill.

"Reality can really use a mom, don't you think?" She moved closer to me and whispered. "Reality is fine without a mom and I'm fine without a son," I responded and took a step back, leaving space between us.

"Is that what you think? That reality is fine without a mom? I know the way you're raising Reality is different from normal ways but She's just a little girl and whether you like it or not, little girls need their moms. To pick their clothes, make their hair, and watch cartoons with," She muttered.

"I can perfectly pick her clothes, make her hair, and watch cartoons with her, thank you," With that, I departed from her. I already had a lot on my head, I didn't need her to get into my head using my daughter.

...but was she right though? Does Reality really need a mom?

"Daddy!" I found Reality with her little shoulder bag, running towards me. "Cactus!" I picked her up and hugged her. It felt like I haven't seen her in a long time even though she left me just a couple of minutes ago.

"Reality, you know daddy loves you right?" I let out. I wasn't sure if it was what Heather told me about Reality needing a mom but I was getting a little bit emotional.

I felt bad.

What if Reality really needed a mom and I wasn't able to see that because I was too focused on my work and I just assumed she was fine having just me.

No matter how mature and smart I always say she was, she was still just a little girl.

"Daddy, are you okay?" She asked. "Of course I'm fine." I responded.

"Are you sure? Because it's been a while since you've called me my name, Reality. You only call me that when something is wrong," She pulled away from the hug and tapped my shoulder to put her down.

"Nothing is wrong, Death trap," I lied.

"Lies! Your nose is red and you look like you're about to cry," Now, that wasn't true. I was a little bit emotional but I was going to shed tears at a little kid's birthday party. I would wait till I get home then cry in my bathroom.

"What about your Mission? Have you made 'you know who' cry?" I swiftly changed the subject. As if it was on cue, The birthday girl came downstairs with tattered Cinderella dress.

Gasp followed gasp, I averted my gaze from the birthday girl to Reality and she grinned at me, making me realize that Reality was the one who tore her dress. "Reality!" I scolded whispering.

"Dabin!" Her mom yelled and ran to her. "What happened to your dress!!!" From her reaction, I could tell the dress must have costed a fortune. Reality ruined thousands of dollars dress.

Dabin looked at everybody's reaction before bursting into tears. "Reality tore my dress!" She announced, gasp followed.

"I didn't!" Reality lied through her teeth.

"Mr Kim! What kind of daughter is your daughter? Going around tearing her mates dresses?" Dabin's mom stared straight at me and exclaimed.

"Your daughter is the one wearing rags to her birthday party, not mine and your daughter is the one who tore her dress, not mine." I said with a straight face.

"Are you indirectly calling my Dabin a liar?" She scoffed.

"Hyejin, Mono and Reality have been together the entire time and I'm sure that they never saw Dabin not to talk of Reality being the one to ruin her dress," Heather stepped in and Dabin's mom quiet down.

She took Crying Dabin upstairs while I brought Reality out of the house. She had accomplished her mission anyways and there was no need to spend more time there.

"Reality?" I called. We were in the car, stuck in traffic on our way back home. "Again with my name, what happened to Poisonous Cactus? Death Trap? Nuclear Bomb?" She let out and raised her hands.

"I'm sorry, Nuke." I said and chuckled. "I just have something really important to discuss with you. Do—you want to call Mono's mom Mommy?" I asked with uncertainty in my voice.

Maybe Heather was right and Reality needed a mom in her life as she's just a little girl. The way she stepped in and stopped Dabin's mom from harassing Reality was impressive even though, deep down, Reality was the one that tore Dabin's dress.

It showed that Heather knew her way around parenting. Maybe I'd been doing it all wrong. Because I knew back there, if I were to be the only one supporting Reality, Dabin's mom wouldn't have backed up.

If Reality had someone like Heather beside her, I wouldn't have to worry about her being all alone whenever I go out on a mission.

"What do you mean, Daddy? I don't understand you," She questioned, confusion could be seen written all over her face.

"What I mean is, Do you want her to be your mom and Mono will be your brother," I explained.

"Why would I want Mono to be my brother? I hate Mono," She simply stated, confirming my hypothesis that she would bully Mono to death if he happened to be her stepbrother.

"But don't you want to have a mom?" I asked.

"Honestly, I do. Even Wednesday has a mom but I don't want Mono's mom as my mom, she's ugly and looks like someone that would dress me up as a Disney princess, No thank you, Daddy. I will look for my mom, myself!"