08 | Bitchy

"I thought I was told that 'the face of Oniria' means I'm like the head of all strippers and I can order any of you girls around?" I asked even though I already knew the answer.

Without waiting for her to respond, I continued talking. "Great! So instead of talking trash about me when I could clearly hear you, why don't you suck up to me? Hold on—I'm not saying you can't talk trash about me, at least do it when I'm not fucking around!" My voice got higher as I spoke and I could feel Gift holding my shoulders.

"Be careful, Diamond," I yanked my shoulder away from Gift's grip and stepped closer to Diamond. I caressed her arm while I spoke with a fake but taunting smile plastered on my face.

"You don't want to end up like Kiss now, do you? Only sexually please men instead of dancing," I whispered, still with a smile to provoke her but she couldn't reply. She just stood there with tight fists. She couldn't do anything.

So that was what it felt like, having power over others.

"I don't know how bitchy you think I am but I can assure you that I'm 10x worse so don't get on my bad side unless you want to end up in room B14," I finished, wiping off the face smile off my face. "Now, go get me a coffee before we start the rehearsals," I turned back and pulled Gift with me into her bedroom.

As I've heard from Gift, a lot of girls audition at Oniria as a stripper but only a few of them gets picked and from that few, more than half of them don't dance but work as a prostitute.   

Oniria had strict rules that only exceptional dancers are allowed to perform which was why Tommy hated me at first.

I never auditioned nor have I spent time in the back room. Honestly, it was shocking that he accepted me without going through the normal routine and my guess was that he and Gift had some close relationship.

I could easily get Diamond replaced by one of the girls in the back room taking into account the money I made just in one night. Even Siren or Fish, whatever her name was couldn't make that much when she was alive.

Tommy wouldn't want to lose me, he loves money way too much.

"You didn't have to say all those things to her, you know she's just jealous of you. In fact, every girl at Oniria is jealous of you," She muttered, earning a deep breath from me.

"Are you jealous of me?" I blurted. I didn't know how and why the question came out of my mouth but I could see Gift's facial expression changing to a frown.

"How can you ask me that question? What do you want me to say? That I'm also jealous of you? And I secretly wanted your place? You realise that I'm your friend right? You realise that we've been friends for over 6 years right? And do you fucking realise that I got you this fucking job and begged Tommy to let you dance instead of working in the back room," She let out with her voice increasing in volume.

I realized that I shouldn't have asked her if she was jealous of me but she was going too far by mentioning how she got me the job.

She was lamenting.

"So what? You're going to rub it in my face that you helped me get a disgusting stripping job to pay my dying mother's hospital bill?" I exclaimed, raising my voice.

"I never mentioned your mother," She responded.

"...but you thought about it didn't you? I bet you must be so proud of yourself. Working as a stripper and living in an expensive apartment, helping your 'friend' to safe her dying mother only to rub it in her face. Admit it , you're just fucking jealous of me," I spat, air-quoted friends, while shooting her daggers with my eyes.

Out of all people, Gift was the last person I ever thought could rub helping me in my face. She was so down to earth but she just reduced my expectations to zero.

"...and I was going to ask if she was doing alright in the hospital," she let out with a soft voice, slowly shaking her head.

"I've always known you to be a narcissist and that was one of the things I once liked about you but now, I think it's your biggest flaw. You think everything is about you and always try to make it about you but congratulations, you've made Oniria all about you. Now get the fuck out of my apartment," She firmly started, pointing to the door.

I hissed, gave her the rudest eye roll I could give before stomping out of the room, making sure to slam the door harshly with an intention to break it off Its hinges.

As I walked to the front door, Diamond also happened to arrive with my coffee. "Glitter, here's your coffee," She passed it to me. Boiling with anger, i grabbed the coffee from her hands, opened the lids and turned the cup, I poured the black coffee on her head. She gasped as the coffee drenched her clothes. I could also hear Fairy and Gift gasping in shock.

Fucking hypocrite. Who knew if she spiked the coffee with poison or something.

I threw the empty cup on her chest before roughly pushing her aside as she was standing in the way, "I don't fucking drink black coffee,"

I scoffed as I stepped into the elevator, thinking of the amount of hypocrisy Gift had in her. How was she able to call herself my friend when she knew she wanted my place.

She must have helped me to get the job thinking Tommy would make me work in the back room but Tommy being a nice man, saw that I wasn't backroom material and I deserved to be the head of those bottom feeders.

There was I, standing in front of the convenience store I used to work at a couple of weeks ago. I took a deep breath before stepping in. It was already time for Jake's shift, that is if he still worked there.

I went straight to the part timer that was standing by the counter to ask of Jake. "Hi, does Jake still works here?" I asked and he was about to answer before I heard my name being called.

"Wraya?"

I looked back and saw Jake standing with a little girl by his side.

AUTHORS NOTE

I'm just starting input Wraya's behaviour in the story.