20 | Moongram

"Cactus!" I recollected what she said to call her. I knelt down and gave her a hug. "How are you?" I pulled away and questioned.

"I'm fine," She said. "Whoa! We're wearing the same shoes. Daddy look, Wraya and I are wearing the same loafers. We must be soulmates," The little girl stated.

"I know right," I said.

"C'mon, let's go." The beige man stepped closer to us and grabbed the little girl's hand. "...but Daddy," She whined and tried to pull her hand away from his grip.

"Reality!" He called sternly and warningly. The little girl looked at me and pouted. "Sir, you didn't have to yell at her like that. All she wanted to was to have a little conversation with me and not something that warranted her getting yelled at." I stood up and started with my arms folded on my chest.

"She's my daughter, not yours and I don't think—" He paused for a second and scanned me from head to toe. "Someone like you should be giving me parenting advice." He stated before turning back and leaving with Reality. The little girl had to run to keep up with the large steps he was taking.

I scoffed loud enough for him to hear. I couldn't believe he looked down on me. "Someone like me?" What was that supposed to mean? "Someone like him" shouldn't be in charge of such an innocent child.

"Who is he?" I heard Raven ask. "Wraya met him at the club but turns out he is a very unsophisticated married man with a daughter. Oh, he also lives in our building," Nova replied.

"You know what, let's not let someone like him ruin our day. We still have a lot of things to buy." I let out a deep breath as I tried to shrug off the encounter.

Shopping took longer than I expected and we weren't able to get everything I planned on buying. I decided to shop the remaining things online as we left the mall.

I bought some new clothing that didn't cause me to look like I came out of the trash and also some not-too-expensive but pricey enough designer bags. Gucci, Celine and Versace.

No more tote bags. No more thrift store items of clothing.

I also got a mini-box to put on my clothes for whenever I would be going to the club.

We got home, Nova and Raven were up in my room, arranging my closet and dressing table while I sat and chilled on the balcony. I grabbed the coffee I bought from the café opposite our building and took a sip while going through my contacts.

My eyes landed on Gift's name and I couldn't stop staring, contemplating calling her and demanding an apology but I quickly decided against it. She should be the one to call first and apologise.

If she doesn't have the common sense to do that, it can't be helped.

I scrolled down and saw Jake's number. Deciding to call, I tapped his name on the screen and it began to ring. Remembering that he would probably be busy at a part-time job, I quickly hung up to NOT disturb him.

...but I was bored and I needed to talk to someone who knew me. I stood up abruptly and went back into the great room. I took the stairs and went up to my room.

"You're not done yet?" I questioned when I entered and saw my walk-in closet door, open and Raven walking out of it. "Yes. We bought a lot of clothes,"

"Well, I need to change now. I'm going out to meet someone," I wanted to go to the convenience store, where I used to work to just have a friendly chat with Jake.