21 | Threat

"We need to talk," He said. I stayed quiet for a bit before opening my mouth to speak.

"We have nothing to talk about," I let out. It was obvious what he wanted to talk about. The previous night I saw him with a ski mask and a gun.

"I have something to say." He said. I sighed loud enough for him to hear and proceeded to close the door in his face but he pushed his legs in between the door and wall, stopping the door from closing.

"Take your leg away," I said firmly but gasp when he pointed a gun at me. The same one I saw with him at the club. The one that must be with a sound suppressor.

"Do we still have nothing to talk about?" He let out a scoff and pushed the gun into my stomach. I winced in pain as the metal dug into my skin. "Follow me quietly and there won't be blood." He stated. I nodded repeatedly before slowly pushing the door open and getting out of the penthouse.

I closed the door behind me with a petrified look plastered on my face. I watched him put the gun into his coat before holding my hands and pulling me toward the elevator.

"I'll be straight and precise. What you saw last night, did you tell anybody?" He questioned. I shook my head repeatedly, still scared he would hurt me. "Words!" He shouted.

"NoIdidn'ttellanybodyIkeptmymouthshut," it came out faster than I intended. Even I wasn't sure if I understood what came out of my mouth.

"Keep it that way," He paused for a second, turned to me and glared at me. "If you run your fucking mouth, I WILL put a bullet through your head and your sick mom's too."

I gasped as my eyes almost fell out of its socket when he mentioned my mother. How did he know my mom was sick? How did he even know I had a mom? because I haven't gone to see her since I moved into the penthouse

"I promise! I promise you! Noonewilleverfindout I-I will cello-tape or glue my mouth if I have to. Just please don't touch my mom," I begged, grabbed his hands rougher than I intended and went down on my knees.

"Keep your mouth shut and you and your mom will not die by my hands," He looked down at me and let out. Raising my head to look at him, he looked really terrifying and I couldn't wish more for everything to be a nightmare.

"Yes, yes, yes," I mouthed. "Zip, glued, cello-taped!" I exclaimed. "Let go of my hand," He said. I hadn't realized I was clutching unto his hands as my life depended on it. I quickly let go and stood up on my feet.

The elevator opened and he gave me one last warning look before stepping out. I watched as he got into his apartment, the second unit on the 19th floor before falling to my knees. "What have I gotten myself into," I mumbled before the tears I was holding in finally fell off.

Going back to the penthouse, Nova and Raven greeted me with a teasing look. "Who was that and why do you look so tired?" Nova wiggled her eyebrows. "It was the friend you met with earlier, wasn't it?" Raven spoke before I could respond to Nova.

"I—" I contemplated telling them but remembering how the beige man said he would put a bullet through my head if I ever opened my mouth, I decided against it. "Somewhat similar," I let out.

"I'm tired, let's talk tomorrow," I said and headed toward the stairs.

"What did he do to you that made you so tired?!!?" Nova yelled as I climbed the stairs. "Get your mind out of the gutter!" I yelled back.

T  A  E  H  Y  U  N  G

"Wraya!" Reality yanked her hands away from mine and ran to Wraya. I had seen her but pretended I didn't. I decided it was best to avoid her.

"Cactus!" She responded with the same energy Reality gave. She knelt down to match her height and gave her a hug. "How are you?" She pulled away and questioned.

"I'm fine," Reality responded. "Whoa! We're wearing the same shoes. Daddy look, Wraya and I are wearing the same loafers. We must be soulmates," I scoffed mentally. Not at my daughter but at what she said.

Soulmate. My ass.

"I know right," Wraya said.

"C'mon, let's go." I stepped closer to them and grabbed reality's hand. "...but Daddy," She whined and tried to pull her hand away from my grip.

"Reality!" I let out warningly. She averted her gaze Wraya and pouted probably hoping Wraya would say something to me that would make me allow her to talk to Wraya.

"Sir, you didn't have to yell at her like that. All she wanted to was to have a little conversation with me and not something that warranted her getting yelled at." Wraya stood up on her feet and started with her arms folded on her chest.

"She's my daughter, not yours and I don't think—" I paused for a second and scanned her from head to toe. Wanting to make my words as offensive as possible. "Someone like you should be giving me parenting advice," I stated before turning back and leaving with Reality.

I heard her scoffing but didn't look back. "Daddy, what's your problem?!" Reality yelled. I gasped, not being able to comprehend her rudeness.

"What did you just say? What my problem is? Do you realize you're talking to your dad? Do you want me to give you two factory-resetting slaps and drag you to school?" I looked straight into her glossy eyes and let out. She was my daughter. I loved her but sometimes, she just needs a reminder that I was her dad and she needed to talk to me with the respect I deserved.

"I bet Mommy wouldn't threaten to slap me if she was alive," She wiped the welled-up tears that fell down her eyes and proceeded to walk away from me.

I scoffed, not believing what came out of her mouth. She was eight! How come an eight-year-old girl was able to leave me speechless to the extent that I wasn't able to close my mouth?

"You don't know her!" I said. "You better be going to the parking lot!!"

Yes, the ride home was graveyard silent. Reality refused to speak to me and I wasn't in the mood to speak to her either. I was too worried about Wraya running her mouth.

I knew I needed to fix it fast.

"Hello!" I said across the phone. "Assassin of the decades, it's so nice to receive a phone call from you. What can I do for you?" One of the most important people at Chomrhade Holdings, our source of information, Chen said.

"I need you to run a background check on someone. I don't know much about her but I can give you the description of what she looks like," I said.

"Go on..."

"Her name is Wraya. She started working at the strip club, Oniria recently under the alias, Glitter. She's around 5'2, olive skin tone, long black wavy hair, hooded brown eyes, low-arch straight brows, cute lips—"

"I'm sorry, but did you just say cute lips?" Chen asked across the phone. 'Cute lips' came out of my house without me realizing. I mentally cursed myself before opening my mouth to speak.

"No, I didn't say cute lips, I said full lips," I lied through my teeth. "Are you sure? 'Coz I'm certain I heard you say 'cute lips'," Chen said.

"Are you going to run the background check or not? It's a life or death situation so do it quickly. I want the results in a few hours," I snapped.

"Okay, calm down! I'll do it."

After a few hours, it was already nighttime and I received a PDF from Chen containing Wraya's information.

Name: Wraya Dominique Kelvin
Date of Birth: June 3oth
Age: 21
Height: 5'3
Skin tone: Olive
Home Address: xxxxx xxx xxxxx
Mother: Dorothy Loveth Vezi-Kelvin (Comatose patient)
Father: Reynolds Kelvin Jr (In jail)
Brother: Saya Daniel Kelvin (Deceased)