45 | Face off

"Wraya!" Reality jumped on me as I entered their apartment. She was in black silk pyjamas causing me to furrow my eyebrows thinking she hadn't taken her bath and gotten ready for school yet.

"Why aren't you ready yet?" I questioned and bent down to her height. She wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me, dismissing my question.

"She has taken her bath and eaten but she refuses to put on her school Uniform saying she wants you to put it on for her. I'm so sorry," He ended his words with an apologetic smile. He surely knew how handful his daughter was and if I was going to be her part-time nanny, maybe I actually deserve those expensive designer bags.

"Alright, let's wear your uniform," I let out and held her hands. She led me towards her room and her school uniform was already ironed and placed on her bed. The little girl started taking off her pyjamas until she was in a little black tight shorts and a white singlet.

Her uniform was a pink short-sleeve shirt with a blue collar, the name and logo of her school were imprinted on the left-hand side of the shirt. Her skirt was in the same shade of blue as her collar.

"Hands up!" She raised her arms up and I put the shirt on her. The shirt settled on her body perfectly as I did the buttons. She raised her legs and wore the skirt with a large smile on her face. Tucking in her shirt, I zipped up the skirt and the little button sown after the zip.

"All done!" I announced.

"What about my hair?" She asked, raking her fingers through her black straight hair. I pulled her closer to me and spun her until her back was resting on me. "How about a French braid?" I asked. The little girl nodded enthusiastically.

Using her fingers to part her hair into two, I started French braiding the black straight hair. "What's taking so long?" The beige man barged into the room, questioning.

"Wraya is French braiding my hair!" She stated the obvious. The beige man stood at the doorway and rested his shoulder on it, staring at us. The stares made me nervous and my hands shaky. I started feeling sweat from in between my breasts as my shaky hands made it impossible to make a straight braid.

"Calm, he's staring at his daughter," I chanted in my head repeatedly. After feeling myself calmed, I loosened the part I made with shaky hands and re-braided them. After a good three minutes, I was done with the two French braids and spun the girl back to face me.

"Do you have some cute clips I can put on the braids?" I asked. The little girl shook her head and glanced at her father, "He never buys cute things for me," She scowled at me. Maybe it was just me but Reality seemed to always glare at her father and the beige man always looked like he was scared of her.

"You don't like cute things!" The poor man defended himself. The little girl responded with silence causing the beige man to speak up again, "Put on your socks and shoes so we can be on our way," The beige man said before exiting the room.

Fetching her white long socks on the bed, I brought her to sit on her lap as I put the socks on her leg. "I want to wear my lace-up boots, like yours," She said, pointing to her closet.

I dropped her on the bed and stepped closer to her closet, opening the wardrobe, Her shoes were lined on the lower space. I grabbed the black lace-up boots that were the smaller version of the one I wore and walked back to her.

Two minutes later, I was done with the boots and we were ready to go. "Wait!" I let out and opened my Chanel purse, bringing out my little body spray. "You want to smell like Wraya, don't you?" I asked rhetorically. The little girl nodded enthusiastically while I sprayed the fragrance on her.

We headed out of the room and found the beige man in his signature beige and brown-coloured clothes waiting for us in the living room. At the sound of the door closing, he averted his gaze to us and stood up upon seeing us.

"Finally," He breathed out as he stood up.

"Daddy look, I smell like Wraya." Reality announced and ran to her father for him to sniff her. "You do," The beige man entertained her in his fatherly voice.

Minutes later, we were at the school's parking lot and it was as if on cue, Dabin's parents happened to be dropping Dabin at school at the same time as us.

"Reality's Parents!" Dabin's dad greeted with enthusiasm. "I never thought we'd meet like this again. It's very nice to see you," The man and the beige man Shook hands while Dabin's mom discreetly shot me death glares from behind her husband. "How do you look amazing this early morning, Reality's mom?" The man complimented me, earning a polite smile from me.

I came dressed kill. With the girls knowing I came to have an indirect fight with Dabin's mom, they made sure to cover me in designers. I was in simple but nude gorgeous makeup and my hair was put in a Sid's parting, leaving my curls to effortlessly look good. A long-sleeved turtleneck beige shirt that matched the colour of the beige man's slacks, a brown below-the-knee khaki skirt with lace-up boots, and a Chanel bag.

"Oh my, oh my, oh my, Reality's Mom! I never thought you'd come since you weren't here yesterday and it almost made me think the lovey-dovey moments were a façade but fortunately, you are here," She let out in the fakest voice I'd ever heard. I gave myself a mental warning before opening my mouth to speak because I might just lose my shit and slap the living daylights out of her in front of her husband and kid.

"Oh, I really wanted to come but I couldn't—you know, he wore me out," I let Changing the tone of my voice at the last words.

"Okayyyy, I'll get the kids to school," The beige man and Dabin's dad took the kids and headed towards the school premises, leaving the women alone with the cars.

"Why haven't you been here all these while? I mean—I get that you work overseas but isn't it a mother's duty to stay with her child? Especially if the child is a girl," She started.

I took a calming deep breath, generating lies and comebacks. "I'm here now, am I not? And that's all that matters," I decided to give a simple and short answer. "...but I've got a question," The daring and low-key abrasive side of me took control. I could already foresee the Wraya from a few months ago before my life took a turn popping.

"Why do I feel like you hate my girl? I mean—it feels like you want to have a reason to fake pity and sympathise with her. Why are you discreetly beefing my daughter??!!" My voice increased with every word I spat out.

"Your daughter ruined my daughter's birthday and you said not to hate her? It is clear that she doesn't have a good upbringing that's why she's going around bullying other kids!" She yelled back at me. I took another calming breath to NOT smack her head which seemed to have lost its screws.

"My daughter did not ruin your daughter's birthday and she isn't bullying other kids and if I ever see you discreetly glaring at her, I'll pluck out your eyeballs and feed them to stray dogs," I stated firmly and spitefully, taking slow steps closer to her, making sure to intimidate her with my frown and venomous tone of voice.

"S-she did," She stammered, visibly intimidated by my voice.

A/N
Double updates because I didn't post yesterday.