22 | Time

There I was, standing in front of the door of Wraya's penthouse. I was adamant about making her shut her mouth even if it means threatening to kill her mother.

"We need to talk," I said. She stayed quiet for a bit, glaring at me before opening her mouth to speak.

"We have nothing to talk about," She let out. It was obvious that she knew what I was going to talk about. She saw me step out of Stepanov's private room and she could have heard subtle sounds of gunshots too.

"I have something to say." I breathed out. She sighed in annoyance and proceeded to close the door but before she could completely close the door, I pushed my feet in and stopped the door from closing.

"Take your leg away," She stated with fire in her eyes. I lost it, I knew I would have to threaten her to keep her mouth shut but I was hoping, just for a second that she would agree without me having to threaten her. She made a huge mistake.

I scoffed and pulled my gun out and pushed it to her stomach. She gasped and the fire in her eyes got replaced by fear. "Do we still have nothing to talk about?" She winced in pain when I pushed the gun deeper.

"Follow me quietly and there won't be blood," I stated. She nodded repeatedly before slowly pushing the door open and getting out of the penthouse.

I pushed the gun into the pocket of my coat and pulled her into the elevator

"I'll be straight and precise. What you saw last night, did you tell anybody?" I questioned. She shook my head repeatedly, with fear plastered on her face. "Words!" I yelled, and she flinched.

"NoIdidn'ttellanybodyIkeptmymouthshut," She let out quickly.

"Keep it that way," I paused for a second, contemplating threatening her with her personal information. Deciding to, I turned and glared at her. "If you run your fucking mouth, I WILL put a bullet through your head and your sick mom's too."

"I promise! I promise you! Noonewilleverfindout I-I will cello-tape or glue my mouth if I have to. Just please don't touch my mom," She pleaded, I almost gasp when she grabbed my hands and went down on her knees.

"Keep your mouth shut and you and your mom will not die by my hands," I looked down and let out.

She paused for a second before responding. "Yes, yes, yes," I mouthed. "Zip, glued, cello-taped!" She exclaimed. She looked at me with fear as tears welled up in her brown eyes.

I felt bad.

"Let go of my hand," I said. The warmth I hadn't realized was there left when she let go of my hands. It took every bit of strength I had in me to not grab her hands again.

With just one look, I stepped out of the elevator.

W R A Y A

It has been over a month! I hadn't seen the beige man in a month and I couldn't be happier about it. It was like he disappeared from the face of the planet. Not that I ever want to see him again.

Thinking back to the night he threatened me, I wondered how he knew about my family. What was he exactly? And why did he kill those Russians because I was sure he was the one that murdered them?

I got chills just thinking about it and it didn't help that I was home alone. It was nighttime and Nova had gone to Oniria with Raven. Yes, those two forced their way into my life and apparently, my home too. I wasn't complaining though.

I was seated on the sofa, scrolling through my account on Moongram which has accumulated over 10k followers in one month.

It was either I was celebrity material or people just loved material things. And it was probably the latter. A gorgeous twenty-one-year-old woman who has money and wears designer.

I dropped my phone on the sofa when I heard the doorbell rang. "Who could that be?" I mumbled. Still traumatised from the friendly visit I got from the beige man, ringing the doorbell has become one of my phobias.

Hesitantly, I stood up and walked to the door. Slowly, I opened the door with fingers crossed and was met with the beige man's daughter.

"Reality!" I exclaimed. "Wraya!" She jumped on me and hugged me tight. "It's been a while," She said and pulled away.

"What are you doing here all alone?" I questioned as I let her into the apartment.

"Wow! Your place is so cool!" She exclaimed and ran to the elephant ceramic design and inspected it with great interest. "Wow! A terrace!" She ran to the door separating the great room from the balcony. "Your place is more cool than our place," she pouted.

"That's because this place is a penthouse," I responded. "What are you doing here all alone?" I repeated my question. "Did your dad send you?" I asked hesitantly.

"No, my dad doesn't know I'm here. He has gone to work,"

"Okay, does your mom knows you're here?" I questioned.

"I don't have a mom. I was home alone and I was bored so I decided to come here. Honestly, my dad doesn't like me being around you. He's always cranky whenever he sees you or whenever I mention your name and I don't know why,"

Oh, I know why. I witnessed him committing a crime and he was worried I would go to the cops and report him so he threatened to kill me and my mom asking me to keep my mouth shut.

Gosh—the amount of urge I was having to say all of that.

Wait—did she say she didn't have a mom? So the beige man was a single daddy. Who leaves a little girl alone at home?

"Probably because he doesn't know me well and he doesn't want his daughter hanging out around strangers," I tried to pull in an excuse for his behaviour.

"Strangers turn into friends, if he wasn't so rude to you anytime we happen to meet then we would have been friends and he wouldn't have to worry about me hanging out with strangers—but whenever I talk about coming up here, he always talks like you're some kind of big criminal that kids shouldn't be around,"

She tried opening the door to the terrace but failed. "I do it," I let out and opened the door for her. She stepped out and sat on one of the chaise lounge chairs. "Wait, I'll go get you something to drink," I went back inside, to the kitchen and grabbed two capri sun from the refrigerator.

I went back to the terrace, handed one to her and sat beside her.
"You said your dad is off to work, what does he do?" I asked.