05 | 'You know who'

"I can't do it." I shook my head repeatedly at the request. It was embarrassing enough to dance on stage with two other girls, dancing alone is something I couldn't do.

"It's freestyle. You can do anything you want and you'll earn double the amount you're supposed to be paid." Tommy warmly uttered with my hands still held by him.

Money!

"O-Okay. I'll do it." I sighed and agreed to dance on stage again because of the money. The quicker I make a lot of money, the better it will be for both me and my mom.

"Yes. We are going to make shit loads of money tonight." Tommy said before stepping out of the dressing room.

"This is just like our high school days, we would join tables together and you would stand on it and twerk to anaconda. I'll go out so I can watch you dance." She squealed in delight, giving me one last hug before leaving the dressing room.

This is it, Wraya.

This is hustling.

I walked closer to the mirror to take a look at my pathetic shameless self in the mirror one more time before going on stage to embarrass myself.

Glitters were smudged all over my face but surprisingly, it looked good. No wonder they called me Glitter Girl.

Finally stepping outside the dressing room, a lot of other strippers were in the passage, staring at me.

"That's the new girl." Whispering about me.

"I heard her name is Glitter." Gossiping about me.

"She's taking Siren's spot as the face of Oniria." Murmuring about me.

"It's about time that dead woman stops lingering around this club." Supporting me?

I needed to focus on the dance I'll be performing on stage. My mind went back to the moves I'd learned and I tried to piece them together to form a new dance.

As I stepped onto the stage, the sound of clapping and hoos could be heard across the room. Extremely nervous, I turned my back and stared at the wall.  I swayed my hips immediately when Skin by Rihanna started playing.

"The mood is set uh-uh and you already know what's next uh-uh-uh," I slowly lower myself and twirl my head. My high ponytail twirled in the air. I felt money getting thrown at me.

"Tv on blast turn it down, turn it down. Don't want it to clash with my body screaming out n-ow now," I knelt on the floor and slowly crawled, turning to face the crowd while lip-syncing to the song. I chose to only look at the same man I looked at in the previous dance.

The beige man.

"I know you hearing it oh-oh," I brought my knees together and swiped my hands from my waist to my neck, holding my neck with both of my hands. A bill landed on my breast as I danced.

"You got me moaning now," I let go of my neck and slowly stood up while my hands moved to my inner thighs, giving it a slow rub.

Was I ashamed? Yes

But do I want the money? Yes

'Just think of this like it was high school and these men were your girl pals that set up a table for you to dance on'  I told myself.