58 | Money, Fame, and Power

"We can't! You'll mess up my lipstick and moreover, Nova is outside waiting for me," I uttered as I felt my back pressed on the door before he could place his lips on mine. He groaned and pulled me into a hug instead, with his head snuggling into my neck, leaving open-mouthed kisses. "You look great," He let out softly directly into my ears before pulling away.

"Thank you," I said, biting my lower lip to suppress my smile as I felt my face and ears heating up. "Have fun, Sweets," He let out with a peck on my lips before giving my ass a firm squeeze.

With Nova in the driver's seat and me sitting in the backseat, she made a stop in front of the red carpet filled with reporters and cameramen. I opened the door and stepped on the honorary carpet, taking a few steps towards the entrance on the scarlet-coloured carpet and stood still, posing for the cameras. With multiple flashes and shutter sounds, I headed into the building.

As I stepped into the main event building, my eyes scanned around the dimly lit purple room as I walked further in. I walked towards the corner, clutching onto my Artémís bag feeling extremely out of place and nervous that I couldn't wait for Nova to park the car and be with me.

"Hey," I heard a male voice snapping me out of my trance. I looked to my side and smiled at the man, slightly bowing as a greeting. "What is a goddess like you doing standing alone in the corner?" He let out in a flirty tone.

"Ahh, I'm just waiting for—"

"Wraya!" She called. I was cut off by Nova who had gotten into the building just in time. The man glanced back and forth between Nova and me before Nova decided to speak up. "Oh, I know you! You're Marcus Sayoko, the Director of SYK. The car model. Hi, I'm Nova Patel. Wraya's Manager," I gave Nova a look for introducing herself as my Manager but she responded by squeezing my waist, indirectly telling me to shut up.

"Ah, Are you like an actress or singer?" Marcus Sayoko directed the question to me. "No, she's an influencer," Nova responded in my stead.

He nodded understandingly pulling out a card from his pants pocket and passed it to Nova but kept his gaze on me, "Call me sometimes. We can talk business," He said before walking away with a smile plastered on his face.

Knowing for sure he wasn't around the hearing range, Nova and I exchanged looks before she started her usual delightful giggles. "Oh my god, he's totally interested in you. You have over 200k followers now on Moongram, Imagine him wanting you as a SYK brand ambassador *giggles* Do you know how much you would get paid every month? We could quit working at the club," Nova let out with giggles after giggles.

The thought of quitting working at the club and making more money brought a wide grin to my face as I—

"Oh my god, Wraya! I didn't know you arrived already," Angela showed up from Nowhere, disrupting my train of thought. "Oh my gosh! You look amazing—and I assume you are her assistant?" She said glancing at Nova and then back at me. "I am Nova Patel. Her manager. Her assistant isn't here," Nova replied to Angela, making it seem like I was a big shot.

"Ahh, Nice to meet you, Nova. C'mon Wraya, come meet my friends," Angela said, hooking her arms with mine and pulling me out of the corner, away from Nova. We walked through the crowd to a little round table where some celebrities whom I could recognize; Influencers and actresses, giggling with a glass of champagne in their hands.

"Hey girls, This is Wraya. I'm sure some of you already came across her content on Moongram," Angela announced. "...and Wraya, these are my friends. Tammy; an actress, María; Influencer, Akira; also an influencer, Lixing; also an influencer, and Kyra; an actress," She introduced.