15 | Glitter

"Hey Wraya, Tommy called you while you were in the shower but I picked up instead and told him we're on our way. I've also packed your bags, So you just need to get dressed and we'll be on our way," Nova said as she put my dancing heels in a shopping bag.

"I think we should get a bag to put your things in whenever we're going to the club. We should also get some makeup and glitters but we'll just use mine for tonight," She added.

"Okay," I simply stated and stepped into the walk-in closet. I smiled to myself still not believing that I was living in an expansive penthouse. I picked black boyfriend jeans, a black cropped top paired together with a black jean jacket and Nike airforce White sneakers.

Spraying my Victoria's Secret Bombshell Oud mist, I took a look at myself in the long-length mirror. Confirming I was good to go, I stepped out and into the room.

"Let's go," I said to Nova as I walked towards the bed to grab my bags. "Don't worry, I'll carry it for you," Nova took the bags containing my dancing lingerie and heels before I could reach them.

"But you have your bags too to carry," I let out as I tried to take the bags from her.  "No, I'll carry them. Just hold your handbag," She refused and handed over my handbag to me.

"Okay, I'll call a Uber then," I said as I reached for my phone on the bed. "I already called one, he should be outside by the time we get to the first floor," She informed me, earning a nod from me.

It was awkward, everything was awkward. First, she was adamant about helping me move into the penthouse, then she helped me set up my closet and now, was helping me pack and carry my bags.

What was she on about?

I had no idea what was going through her head. "I guess we're set to go then," I said.

Immediately after we got to the club, Tommy came running to me with a smile on his face. "Glitter, Nice to see you. Come, I'll show you your dressing room," He said and held my hands, pulling me towards the back of the stage.

Following the same passage as where the dressing room that was initially given to me was, he stopped at a door and unlocked a room I hadn't noticed was there.

"Here is your dressing room, I had people clean it for you this morning. I'm looking forward to seeing your performance tonight, and hi, Fairy!" He said and greeted Nova before walking away.

"What is this place?" I mumbled as I stepped in. I placed my hand on the light switch beside the door and turned the lights on.

Nova and I gasped in unison as we exchanged looks before squealing. The room was big and beautiful. The size of the room was almost 10x the one I was initially given.

There were red lights on the ceiling but the Hollywood makeup large mirror with LED white lights made a light gradient in the middle of the room. A red velvety material recamier was sitting at the corner of the room with a small table right in front of it.

"This is amazing!" Nova exclaimed as she dropped the shopping bags on the recamier. "Come sit here," she pulled me to the front of the Hollywood mirror and sat me down on the chair.

I was speechless, never in my twenty-one years of life did I ever thought I would be a stripper not to think of being named the face of a strip club. It all felt like a dream. From Saya's death to Mom's stroke, to getting a job at Oniria, to being named the face of Oniria overnight, to living in a penthouse, it all felt like a dream.

"Let's start with your hair," Nova said. "I think we should put it in a high ponytail like you did two days ago. You looked really good," She added. She walked to the recamier, opened one of the shopping bags and brought out a gel and a set of hairbrushes.

As she applied gel to my hair, she spoke, "Can you tell Tommy not to send Diamond to the backroom later?" She asked.

There was it. The ulterior motive. But was it an ulterior motive? Because she already asked me to talk to Tommy and I already agreed saying I would right before she started doing all this.

"Sure," I said.

After applying a minimal amount of gel to my hair, she tightened it up into a ponytail and I could have sworn she squeezed my brain in the process. She proceeded to make up instantly after the hair was done. It took an eternity for her to finish drawing a snow-shaped eye shadow, Not that I asked for it.

Applying glitters was something mandatory since my first night at the club. My face was glowing with white glitter and unnecessarily too much bronzer. "Change into your lingerie before I apply glitter on your skin," Nova said and brought out a glitter spray.

"You're putting glitter on my skin?" I questioned as I stood up from the chair and stepped toward the red velvet recamier to grab the white lingerie.

"Of course! You're Glitter. The glitters on you should be seen from miles away," She said. "I'll also go change into my lingerie and be back in a second," She added as she took one of the shopping bags containing her things and exited the room.

Saying I was shocked at how my life had turned out would be an understatement. Have I said never in my twenty-one years of life did I ever have the thoughts that I might become a stripper? I couldn't stress it enough.

I slowly took off my causal clothes and changed into white lingerie and heels. I sat down on the sofa and stared into nothingness.

Thinking about it, my mom hadn't once crossed my mind that day. I didn't think about her at all. All I had in my mind was happiness from moving into a penthouse.

After a few minutes of waiting aimlessly, Nova finally came back dressed in a pink thong and bralette. "I'm sorry I took so long," Nova let out immediately as she entered the dressing room.

"No need to say sorry," I said as I stood up.

Nova took the glitter spray and began spraying it on my neck, exposed chest, arms, and thighs. I took a look in the mirror and I could have sworn that the glitters almost blinded my eyes.

"Don't you think this is too much?" I mumbled. She shook her head and said, "It's the perfect amount. Imagine being under the spotlight with this much glitter, you will be shimmering and that's what we want,"

I was in a white Lacy one-piece lingerie, a deep V design going all the way down to my belly button, a criss-cross backless design, lined thong bottom, and a detachable thigh strap. Paired with Iridescent silver leather, open-toe lace-up platform heels.

"Wow!" Tommy let out immediately as he entered the dressing room. He clearly does not know there was a thing called knocking. "You look amazing! Did you do this Fairy?" He questioned, Nova nodded.

"You've got talent. You should dress Glitter from now on. Siren used to have someone dress her up too," He said while looking at Nova.

"Tonight Glitter, you are going to make the most money this club has ever seen, looking like that. The Stage is yours," Tommy held my hands and led me out of the dressing room. I could feel the girls standing on the passage, whispering but I couldn't care less.

Tommy finally let go of my hand as we got backstage. I took a deep breath before stepping on stage. I stood in the middle with one of my hands holding a pole and my eyes closed shut.

I felt more nervous than I did the first time I danced there but I was trying to remind myself that this wasn't my first time and I would be fine.

I swayed my hips immediately Chris Brown's Under your influence started playing. I opened my eyes only for them to fall on the beige man staring deeply into my soul.

What the fuck?

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Happy 1K 🎉  🎉🎉