23 | One family

"You said your dad is off to work, what does he do?" I leaned closer to her and questioned, almost as if I was afraid of being too loud.

"He is a project manager," She said. Poor girl doesn't know what her dad does behind the scenes. "At night?" I asked.

"He works at a very special company so it doesn't matter if he decides to work in the morning or at night," she responded.

"Which company?" I know I sounded like I was interrogating the little girl but the moment she told me she didn't have a mom, I just wanted to know more about the family.

"Chomrhade Holdings," She stated.

My dad used to work at Chomrhade Holdings before he was arrested for premeditated murder at first degree. A financial services company that pays a hefty amount of money to their employees that does little work.

It was Saya's dream to work at Chomrhade Holdings but his dream was cut short.

"My dad used to work at Chomrhade Holdings too," I said to her. Her face lightened up and she smiled. "Whoa! We really must be soulmates. Where is your dad now?" She questioned.

"Well..." I trailed off, arranging the words in my head. "Let's just say he's not here anymore," I didn't want to tell her the man was behind bars because I knew she would ask questions.

"Ohh. I'm sorry, Wraya. If I tell my daddy that your daddy used to work at Chomrhade Holdings, he might let me hang out with you," She uttered and took a sip of the drink.

"Why would he let you do that?" I questioned.

"Because we are one family now! No secrets," She stood up. "Please, come give me a tour of this place," she said.

T A E H Y U N G

"Hi! Jongsuk!" The bride greeted me under the alias 'Jongsuk', one of the bride's seniors from college. "Hey, Lily!" I greeted back with the same enthusiasm.

"Richard, this is my senior from college, Jongsuk. Jongsuk, this is my soon-to-be husband, Richard." She introduced.

"Hey, Man!" Richard and I exchanged a handshake. "Lily has told me so much about you," He said, I responded with a smile. I wasn't good with social events, being there alone was uncomfortable enough. Conversing with the people at the party was a line I couldn't cross.

So, the real Jongsuk wasn't coming. I was an imposter sent to kill Richard and the request came from none other than his soon-to-be wife, Lily.

Shocking, wasn't it?

"I hope it wasn't too much stress to travel all the way from the Netherlands to attend Lily's engagement. I know she can be too much sometimes," Richard said, glancing at Lily.

"Not at all, I had some work to attend to here anyways so I just want to like—kill two birds with one stone," I forced myself to speak politely.

"I'll leave you two to talk," Lily said and hugged Richard, giving him a peck on the lips. Her eyes darkened for a split second as she glanced at me before switching back to her bubbly smile.

"So, I heard you helped Lily a lot in college," Richard's tone changed from Nice to interrogative. "Excuse me?" I let out as the polite version of 'What the fuck?'

"I don't know what you think you're doing here, all the way from the Netherlands but you need to know that Lily is mine and you can never have her no matter how much you try," He moved closer to me and stated.

"Again, Excuse me?" I had never been in a situation where I couldn't put an idiot in his place but in the party, I knew I needed to maintain a gentlemanly character.

He would die soon anyways.

"You think I don't know, all those texts and late-night phone calls. Stop distracting Lily! She wants me, not you!"

I finally understood what was going on. Jongsuk and Lily were having an affair and Richard knew about it. Lily doesn't want to marry Richard but she has to because of some reasons I had no idea of so she hired and Hitman to finish Richard off on their engagement day.

I have had enough. He needed to die, instantly!

"You wouldn't know that now, would you? Let's go somewhere private. Have this conversation as grown adults and not like five-year-olds," I let out with a provocative smile on my lips.

"Then let's go," He said and headed towards the roof. I followed him, cautiously looking around to check if anyone was paying attention to us. We got to the roof and without wasting time, I pulled my gun out and put a bullet through his head. Of course, with a silencer screwed in.

I went back to the party and Lily. "It's done," I said and I could see guilt written all over her face for a split second before switching back to a smile. "Thank you," she said.

I left the party immediately and drove back home to my daughter. I entered our apartment and called. "Reality!!" There was no response.

"Is she sleeping?" I mumbled and walked to her room only to be met with an empty room. I stepped in and went to the backroom door. "Reality, are you in here?" I knocked and I received no response again.

"Reality!" I was starting to get scared. I ran through the apartment but I couldn't find her. I dropped to my knees at the thought of the Russians finding out I killed their boss and took reality while I was away.

"What should I do?" I mumbled my body shaking. I was sweating profusely as I bit my nail in despair. "My deathtrap!" My voice breaks as I let out.

"Chen! Right Chen!"

It took me a while to dial Chen's given the fact that my hands were shaking like someone with some kind of syndrome. "My daughter is missing!" Was the first thing that came out of my mouth immediately Chen picked up the call.