41 | He likes me

"Do you like me?"

His eyes moved from my lips to my eyes. "I don't know," He let out. "What I know is that I feel weird around you. I get goosebumps when you touched me and my stomach did backflips. Do I like you? I don't know," He said.

The feeling in the air was indescribable. It wasn't awkward neither was it comfortable. Hanging in the middle?

"Daddy!" We heard Reality's voice from afar, running to us with a girl beside her. We quickly pulled away from each other's arms to avoid Interrogation from Reality.

"This is my friend I've been telling you about. Her name is Kelly," She turned to her friend. "Kelly, this is my Daddy and my Mommy," She said.

"Hello, Reality's Mommy. Hello, Reality's Daddy," The little girl greeted cutely with a wave. "Hello there, Kelly. How are you?" I bent down to her height and said.

"I'm fine, Reality's mom," She responded. "C'mon let's go and tease Mono," Reality said to Kelly and pulled her hands. The two girls run further into the house.

"B-be careful!" The beige man yelled. "Do they have to run so fast," He said as we watched the girls disappear from our view.

"So I—" He was cut off by my vibrating phone. "Excuse me," I said as I unzipped my bag and pulled my phone out. Checking who the caller was, Jake's name was plastered on the screen.

"Hey," I said. "I saw your text, you can always come when you're less busy," He said across the phone.

"I think I'll be able to come tonight. I'll see you at the store," I said, calculating the time we would leave the little's boy birthday.

"Oh okay, I'll wait for you at the store, Bye!" He replied. "Hmm," That was the end of our phone call.

"You were saying?" I said to the beige man. "Never mind, are you going somewhere later tonight?" He asked, looking at me intensely.

"Yes, I have plans with a friend," I vaguely said. "Oh," He let out and I could have sworn there was disappointment laced in his voice.

It was around 5:30 pm and we were on our way back home. Reality was asleep in the back seat; She was probably tired from all the running. "I'm sorry for today, You had to pretend to be Reality's mom because those women won't stop asking intrusive questions," He let out after a while of being silent.

"No, it's fine. It was clear that Dabin's mom has a vendetta towards Reality and she was looking for reasons to fake-pity her. I needed to put her in her place. Reality is happy—mom or no mom," I finished.

"But she's even happier with you around," He mumbled under his breath. "Hmm?" I asked, not able to understand what he said.

"Nothing," He responded.

"Uhh, if you want, I can drive you to wherever you're going later tonight," He offered. "No it's fine, You must be tired," I declined.

"I insist," He averted his gaze to me, and we made eye contact for a second before focusing back on the road.

"You what??" Nova and Raven exclaimed in unison when I explained what happened at the birthday party to them. "How could you ask him if he likes you so blatantly?" Nova let out as she wiped my eyeshadow off.

"Forget that, What did he say? Did he say yes? No? WHAT DID HE SAY!!??" Raven shook my arms, yelling the last part to my ears.

"Geez!" I exclaimed. "I don't know, he sounded like he was talking in parables. I don't know," I replied.
"Well, what was his exact words? Maybe we can translate the parables for you," Nova said.

"He said 'I don't know, I feel weird around you, I get goosebumps when you touch me, my stomach does backflips'," I uttered. Nova and Raven exchanged looks before grinning at each other.

"He likes you but he doesn't know it yet," Nova explained. "Or—He knows he likes you but he's in denial," Raven added.

"That's ridiculous..." I trailed off. "It's impossible for him to like me," I said.

"Maybe you're the one in denial," Raven mumbled.

"Whatever! Just pick out comfortable clothes for me. I'm going to see Jake," I said and stood up. My makeup was completely wiped off and I stepped into the bathroom to take a warm shower.

After the shower, I got dressed in the clothes the girls picked for me. A brown above-the-knee gown and loafers paired with cute white socks. I had simple makeup on while my hair was let down in a centre part.

"So you said the beige man is driving you to meet Jake? Interesting..." The tone of Nova's voice when she stated that sentence wasn't the same as the tone she would normally speak in.

"I know that tone, don't try to make this weird," I cautioned. "I'm just saying. A man who likes you is driving you to go meet another man? Interesting," She explained herself.

"I won't believe he likes me until he says so, himself," I said and turned to Raven. She sprayed my body mist on me while Nova from behind, fixed my hair.

"If you say so," Nova let out. "Ahh, I forgot, Angela has sent the Invitation card to you for her brand launching,"

"Ohh okay, I need new clothes, don't I?" The girls nodded to my question. "We already have the new Artémís bag the beige man gave you yesterday, all we need is a maxi dress. You will steal the show from Angela," Raven said.

"You girls can plan the clothes," The girls had been in charge of my clothes, hair and makeup since day one and I was happy I didn't have to worry about that.

I low-key felt like an actual celebrity. What was left was getting recognized by strangers.

"We are going to need a car though. A luxurious car. Like a Porsche. We should be able to buy something like that, right?" Raven said as we headed downstairs.

"But I can't drive though," I let out.

"Don't worry, learning how to drive is easy. And—oh the beige man must be here," Raven was cut off by the doorbell. She rushed to the door and opened it.

"Erm—Is Wraya ready to go?" The beige man questioned as he stepped into the house. He averted his gaze from Raven up to me who was on the stairs.

"Yes, She is," Nova said behind me.

"Mr Kim, I have a favour to ask—or Wraya has a favour to ask," Raven said to him. My steps fastened as I tried to stop her from speaking.

"Wraya wants you to teach her how to drive. You see, she has a big party to attend next weekend and she wants to know how to drive she could drive herself to the party," Her point doesn't make sense. She wanted the beige man to drive me to the party because of their delusional thoughts that the beige man likes me.

"I can teach her how to drive and if she wants, I can drive her to the party. When's it? Next weekend?" The beige man responded.

I halted in my tracks and averted my gaze to Nova. She grinned at me and discreetly wiggled her eyebrows.