18 | What?

"Deathtrap?" I called and ran to her. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?" I knelt in front of her, cupped her face and questioned softly.

"I-thoug—ht-something—happened-to—you," She blubbered while she spoke. "It's okay, Cactus. Daddy is perfectly fine," I let out and pulled her into a hug.

We stayed there for a bit until she calmed down. "What exactly happened?" I questioned.

"I had a dream that you died and then I tried calling you on the burner phone but you weren't picking up. I was so worried and I thought something bad happened to you," She explained, making me mentally curse myself.

My mind was too occupied by Wraya that I had forgotten to take my burner in case there was an emergency. If I had taken the phone, she would have reached me and know that I was fine. I should have thought about Reality.

"I'm so sorry, Reality. I forgot to take the burner. I should have thought more about you. Forgive Daddy for being selfish," I said and pulled her into another hug.

"What are you saying, Daddy? It's okay to forget things and you're not selfish. I know you love me and you wouldn't have chosen to forget it if you had an option," She let out.

She knew how and what to say to make me feel better. The whole 'Wraya witnessing what she shouldn't have witnessed' thing didn't bother me like it was, moments ago.

"Do you want to sleep on Daddy's bed tonight?" I questioned, earning a nod from her.

It was morning and the first thought that came into my head was 'Wraya witnessing what she shouldn't have witnessed'. I groaned in annoyance and tried to pull my arm away from Reality's clutches. 

Successfully pulling it away, I stood up off the bed and went to the bathroom for my morning routine. I stared at myself in the mirror and the thoughts of what would happen if Wraya decided to rat me out filled up my head.

"What are you doing Kim Taehyung?" I asked myself. Should I just kill her? But that would be breaking the rules. Unauthorised kill—but I already broke the rules when I let a witness go.

I should have ran after her back then and twisted her neck. I should never have let her go—and I wanted to avoid her before but now, I would have to face her.

Kill her or Talk to her, I would have to face her either way.

After finishing my morning routine, showing and getting into fresh clothing,  I decided to wake Reality up. "Cactus! Cactus, wake up!" I called. She fluttered her eyes open and let out a loud yawn.

"Good morning, Daddy," She greeted.

"Good morning, Deathtrap. Come brush your teeth and take a bath, then we can hang out all day," I said and lifted her up in my arms. "I'm skipping school today!" She said excitedly.

I carried her to her room and helped her get in the shower. While she took her bath, I picked out clothes for her. "Combat boots or loafers?" I lifted the two shoes and asked. "Loafers," She replied.

I helped her get dressed while she rambles on about where she wanted to go. "I want to go to the mall and get the same sneakers that Wraya was wearing yesterday. You know, that woman you said to stay away from,"

I let out a sigh. I woke up thinking about her and now, my daughter wouldn't stop talking about her. Who the fuck are you, Wraya?

"Yeah, we can go eat pizza first then go buy the shoes,"  I said and let a smile spread on my lips.