19 | A killer

W  R  A  Y  A

I fluttered my eyes open as I yawned lazily. I squinted my eyes for it to get used to the amount of brightness in the room. 'I can't believe I'm living in a penthouse now', That was the exact thought that first came to my head.

I smiled to myself and pulled the white duvet higher to cover my head. Usually, when I wake up in the morning, I like to lie on the bed and do nothing. That was exactly what I was planning to do for some minutes.

"Wraya, Are you awake?" I heard Nova's voice in the room. I groaned and pulled the duvet down. "What do you want?" I grumbled lazily.

"Come down for breakfast," That alone was enough to make me stand up. The one thing I liked better than lazing around was food.  "Food?" I questioned confusingly. We haven't gotten time to buy any groceries since we moved in and I had no idea where the food could have come from. "Ordered?"

"Kinda, yeah." She replied and left the room.

I groaned one more time before pushing myself off the bed. Why was it so hard to get up from bed in the morning? I finally stood on my feet and lazily dragged myself to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face before heading downstairs.

"Good morning, Glitter." The girl from the previous night, Pixie beamed at me. What was she doing in the apartment? "This place is very beautiful," She said and walked to the door leading to the balcony. She inspected the long door closely.

"Err...?" I looked at Nova as trailed off.

"Wraya, This is Raven. She's my friend and I asked her to come over to help us with the shopping we'll be doing today... and I also asked her to get food on her way here." Nova responded.

Shopping?

Right, Makes sense since I needed a lot of things. New clothes, makeup and also replace the ones Kiss broke, shoes and dancing clothes, and maybe some groceries.

"Okay," I said.

The food was already placed on the dining table, I took my seat and focused on it. "Right, did you hear that someone died at the club last night?" Raven disclosed.

"What!" Nova exclaimed.

"Not only one person but three. Three people died and one got injured. They were Russians," She added. Nova and I exchanged petrified looks before averting our gazes back to Raven.

"Was this announced? How did you know?" Nova questioned.

"No, It wasn't but I overheard Tommy talking to some people—maybe eavesdropping? Apparently, a guy came into their room and shot the CCTV camera. They have no idea who the person was and I think the victim's family, meaning the Russians don't want people to know about it obviously, Tommy also wouldn't want people to know about it because it would ruin the club's reputation so they are planning to cover everything up." She explained.

I forced myself to calm down and took a deep breath as I remembered seeing the beige man with a gun and a Ski mask.

"You said the killer shot the CCTV, Isn't gunshots supposed to be loud? We didn't hear any loud sound last night," Nova said. "He must have used some kind of Sound suppressor. Like they do in movies?" Raven replied.

"Was the killer wearing some kind of Ski mask?" I leaned in, resting my chest on the table and questioned with my voice decreasing in volume like someone would hear If I were to speak out loud.

"I didn't see the little clip from the camera but I guess so, they weren't able to recognize the person so he might be wearing a ski mask," Raven responded. "Why do you ask, did you see any suspicious person yesterday?"

"No!" I might have spoken way too loud to make them suspicious enough to ask questions.

"Thinking about it, you went to the back room looking for Kiss to put her in her place for her petty behaviour but you came back looking distressed. You must have seen something," Nova eyed me suspiciously.

"No, I didn't see anything. I came back looking distressed because I couldn't find Kiss," I quickly thought of a lie. Hopefully, they believe me.

"If you say so," Nova mumbled.

Breakfast ended well with Raven and Nova talking the entire time, I only chimed in a few times. I didn't know them well enough to be able to make conversation with them easily. If Gift was there, I would have been the Loquacious person in the room.

I headed back to my room and took a quick bath to wash off the leftover glitter on my body from the previous night. I should have chosen a name that doesn't include me having to spend hours scrubbing glitters off my body.

Even after the bath, they were still some glitter here and there on my face. I got tired and decided to let them be. "You're done getting dressed?" Raven walked into my room and questioned. I nodded as I sprayed my Victoria's Secret bombshell oud. I was dressed in a below-the-knee brown khaki skirt, a White crop top, and brown chunky loafers.

"I am ready to go," I grabbed my tote bag from the bed. Raven and I headed downstairs with Nova already waiting for us.

"First, we head to a makeup store and replace your things that Kiss broke, and get my makeup kit in the process. Then we go to a department store. I need new clothes and bags." I said to Nova and earned a nod from her.

Nova already called a Uber and entering the elevator had me praying NOT to run into the beige man. He probably was
the one that killed the Russians. The prime suspect.

A few minutes later, we were at the mall, already bought some makeup and clothing, now headed to get shoes at a store I've always stared at from afar knowing I couldn't afford the shoes they sell.

"Wraya!" I heard my name getting called by a little kid. I looked back and saw the beige man and his daughter. The little girl yanked her hand away from her dad's and ran toward me.