38 | Black Dress

Nova and I stare at the door as Raven stood up to open it. A few seconds later, the beige man walked in with Raven trailing behind his back.

"Hello, Good Morning," He greeted as he walked further into the great room. "Mr Kim, Good Morning!" Nova greeted back with enthusiasm.

The beige man and I finally made eye contact, I opened my mouth to greet but nothing came out as 'hots for you' Were the only words in my head. I gave a subtle smile and quickly looked away.

"Reality is upstairs, I'll go get her," I said without sparing the man a glance and headed towards the winding stairs. Nova stepped closer to me, following me closely. "Hots for you," she whispered.

"Shut up!" I whispered-yelled.

"Reality, Your dad is here!" Nova yelled but kept wiggling her eyebrows at me. We entered my room only to find the little girl wearing one of my heels and carrying my Artémís bag, doing a little fashion show by herself and taking pictures with my phone.

How did my phone get to her hands?

"Oh my gosh!" I gasped—maybe a little too loud that caused the beige man to run upstairs thinking something bad had happened.

"Oh my heart, So cute!!!" Raven let out as she got to my room. The beige man, on the other hand, looked like he had just seen a ghost. His silence was dreadful. None of us has any idea how he would react.

He openly looked at me then at his daughter, then at me again and stared at my face for a good five seconds before walking back downstairs. "I'll wait while you girls get ready," he said as he walked down the stairs.

The girls and I exchanged looks before we stepped closer to the railings and saw him sitting down on the couch, staring at the plain wall where Siren's portrait used to be.

"C'mon Reality, let's get you dressed," Nova said and went to the little girl. "I'll help you get dressed," Nova said to me before going to my closet to pick out clothes.

After a good one hour, I was dressed and ready to go. I was in a Black coloured Saint Laurent Wooled long-sleeved above-the-knee dress. Forced to wear the jewellery the CEO of KATLON, Richard Wilson gave me. If they were aware of what actually happened that night, they would trash his gifts but I chose to keep quiet so there was nothing I could do. Iridescent silver 7-inch heels and a Fendi bag.

Nova went full glam on the makeup with heavy Pink and Black cut criss eyeshadow with silver glitters on the inner eye and Winged eyeliner. The lip wasn't as heavy as the eyeshadow as I was only wearing a plain lip gloss.

Raven came through and styled my hair. She put my natural type 3 hair in a loose messy bun, pulling out some strands to frame my face.

We headed out of my room and went downstairs. The beige man was still staring at the plain wall while Reality was running around the great room with her black dress on.

"Whoa!" Reality let out. The beige man averted his gaze from the wall to me and his facial expression changed from the one I couldn't fathom to an even confusing one. I had no idea what was in his head.

"You look great! And your heels are so high, you're like a giant now," The little girl exaggerated. I smiled and bent down, giving her a hug. "You look great also," I complimented.

"You two look so cute together, you should take a picture!" Nova said and exchanged knowing looks with Raven.

"I-I don't thin—" I was cut off by none other than Reality. "Let's do it!" She looked up at me with sparkles in her eyes.

"Come to the terrace," Raven pulled us to the terrace while Nova took Solo pictures of Reality and then me. After a few minutes, Reality and I were taking pictures together and Raven thought it was best to ask the beige man to be in the pictures.

"Mr Kim, come join them!" She said to him from the
terrace. "Pictures? No," He flat-out rejected. Reality froze and glare straight at her dad. The beige man hesitantly got up from the couch and came out to the terrace.

"Good!" Reality let out as her dad came to join us.

"Lift Reality, Please," Our photographer, Nova said. The beige man carried Reality in his arms while Nova took a few pictures. "Move close to Mr Kim, Wraya, and please smile, This is not a passport. Reality is the only one smiling," Raven commented, pronouncing my name with a different tone.

I moved closer to the beige man and flashed a fake smile. I wasn't looking at the beige man but knowing Raven and Nova were discreetly grinning, it meant the beige man was also smiling.

After what felt like an eternity, the mini-photoshoot finally came to an end and Reality, the beige man, and I were headed out. In the elevator, no one uttered a single word.

Reality was standing between the beige man and me, holding both our hands with a smile on her face. I very much want to steal a glance at the beige man but I was scared he would catch me and I would be embarrassed.

With one mental confidence boost, I gathered the courage to look sideways and I happen to catch this face also turning sideways to look at me. We made eye contact for not more than a second before I averted my gaze, completely and utterly embarrassed.

...but I could still feel him staring at me.

He sure has a knack for staring shamelessly at people.

With a ding, the elevator reached the floor and I couldn't wait to leave the enclosed space but I seemed to have forgotten that I would be riding in this car.

We got to the parking lot and Reality wasted no time going to the back seat. I was standing in front of the passenger's side rethinking my life decisions. "Get in," The beige man said.

A/N
Check out my new book titled 'ALIEN; 4EYES | K.TH'. I've just posted the intro and prologue.