28 | I made the right choice

The fact that her friends kept pointing out and repeating the phrase "she's single," showed they want us to have some kind of romantic relationship between us, it also confirmed to me that they have no idea what had happened between us the past months because if they did, they would have treated me wearily instead of trying to get me and their friend together.

Only the almighty knew where the audacity came from for me to ask to drive the girls home. Not only that, I also asked to talk in private?

Definitely, I was doing all of these for my daughter. Asking to talk in private was also for Reality. If it were up to me, I would steer clear of Wraya. I didn't enjoy the way my stomach churns whenever she was around.

...and of course, I was ignoring all the uncomfortable churning in my stomach but the more I spoke to her, the lesser the churning becomes. I guess I was starting to get a little bit comfy?

Maybe not, the way my brain struggles to allow my mouth to speak stood as a piece of evidence. I've never enjoyed talking to people I wasn't used to but when I do, I end up stammering and forcing myself to speak.

"What did you want to speak with me about? I'm sure we've done all the talking needed outside the club," The way she spoke was so smooth and alluring, I envied her.

The only time I could speak so smoothly to a person I didn't know well was during missions, knowing fully well that the chances of me coming across them as Kim Taehyung, not the person I pretended to be was near impossible so speaking to them freely was easy because I was putting on a facade.

"If it's not too much, can you please just say hi to Reality? Even though I told her she could see you, I don't think she believes me yet." I said.

"But it's midnight, wouldn't she be asleep right now?" She let out and I almost smacked myself on the face. How did I not think about that? Of course, Reality would be asleep and Wraya might feel bad for waking her up.

"...but since I'm already here..." she trailed off. I nodded and led her towards my unit. Unlocking the door, we found Reality lying on the sofa, her arms wrapped tightly around a throw pillow with a cartoon playing on the Television.

The lights were off and the TV was the only source of light in the room.

"DeathTrap!" I stepped closer to her, knelt down on the carpeted floor in front of the sofa and gently called. She immediately opened her eyes upon hearing my voice. One of the things I always loved about her was that she has been a light sleeper since she was a baby. Just a little sound was enough for her to wake up and scan her surroundings.

"Wraya!" Her straight face quickly switched to a gleaming expression immediately after she laid her eyes on Wraya. She hopped off the couch, completely ignored me by swerving around and went to give Wraya a hug.

Looking at the two girls from below, it only confirmed to me that I made the right choice by apologising and bringing Wraya to Reality.

Reality was smiling ear to ear while she hugged Wraya's thighs. "I went to your place but you weren't there," She finally pulled away and let out with a pout.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. I wasn't home, I went to work around 7 pm. From now on, I'll tell you whenever I'm going to work. Okay?" Wraya bent down to her height and said.

"Okay!" She responded.

Was I just going to ignore the fact that Wraya called Reality a SWEETHEART and Reality didn't say anything about it?

"You have school tomorrow, don't you?" Wraya questioned, earning a nod from Reality. "Then go to bed, it's midnight. I won't be going to work tomorrow, so you can come to my place after school."

"Okay. Can you tuck me in bed?" Reality requested. Wraya glanced at me nervously trying to read my facial expression but one thing about me was that I was shockingly good at keeping a poker face.

...and that was what I did.

"I don't think your dad would like that," She let out awkwardly and I could have sworn I saw my daughter shooting me lasers with her eyeballs. The dimmed lights in the room made her eyeballs more brighter and shiny than usual as she kept glaring at me.

She got all of my horrible traits. Stubbornness, obsession with a particular person, staring daggers and low-key manipulation—I was still trying to figure it out.

"Please do! Please tuck her in." I let out involuntarily.

Reality led Wraya to her room hand-in-hand until they disappeared from my viewing. I didn't know why, but I collapsed to the floor and let out a breath I hadn't realized I was holding in.

I had a weird thought that I must have been holding my breath at the moment Wraya saw me come out of the Russians' private room with guns and a ski mask. Even with threatening her, I still didn't have peace of mind but seeing the way the night unfolded, I might have just been overthinking.

Wraya didn't run her mouth, Reality was happy with me for allowing her to hang out with Wraya and things would go back to normal.

...maybe not totally, I still hadn't sorted my churning stomach around Wraya out. But I had a feeling that would also get sorted out soon.

I stood up from the carpeted floor and walked towards Reality's room. I gently opened to door and peeked my head through the little space, I was met with one of the most beautiful view I would ever see in my adventurous life.

Wraya kneeling on the floor right next to Reality who was tucked under the blanket with her Pinhead doll wrapped in her arms, they were both giggling about something. The orange lamp on Reality's nightstand shone on their faces making the view look unrealistic and ethereal.

Would that view look the same if it was Ecstasy with Reality and not Wraya?

A/N
I hope y'all didn't forget who Ecstasy was.
Ecstasy Norman, AKA Siren, Reality's birth mom.