34 | Questions

My eyes repeatedly moved from the beige man and his daughter before I hesitantly started speaking. "What exactly is Chomrhade Holdings?" I asked.

"Take a seat," He gestured for me to sit on the sofa. I released myself from Reality's clutches and stepped closer to the one-sitter sofa adjacent to the one the beige man was sitting on. Reality jumped and sat on my lap, making herself comfortable as she held my hands.

"As you already know, it's a Shell corporation for Organised crime. Hired Killer organisation to be exact," He explained.

"Is the government backing up the organisation, does the higher-ups in the society know about it?" I asked.

"No, the government isn't backing us up but they know about us and their only condition for us was to stay hidden. They do not want the country to know that there is such a place where rich people can request the death of a particular person," He answered.

The government wasn't backing them up and if I had talked about the company at the penitentiary, their whole organisation would have gone into jeopardy because of the recorded phone calls.

"How did you get hired? Did you go there for a job?"

"No, The boss picked me up from the streets. He knew I had the potential to be one of the greatest Assassins the world has ever seen,"

"He killed the President," Reality looked back at me and let out with a proud smile on her face.

"...but everyone got hired in different ways. I'm not sure how your father got hired but normally, the company recruit Serial Killers, Ex-cons and all," He added.

Now, I knew the question I was about to ask wasn't right but I couldn't stop myself and I needed an answer to it or else, I would give myself an answer."Were you a Serial Killer?"

He responded with a chuckle before shaking his head.

"At the penitentiary, When I asked him to tell me the truth, he denied and when I tried talking about the organisation, he yelled at me and told me to stop talking immediately," I said. His eyes widened and almost fell out of its socket as he sat up.

"What do you mean you tried talking about the organisation? You can't say shit like that in public, especially not at a penitentiary where every phone call gets checked. Not only would the organisation not exist anymore and disappear into thin air, you'll also get wrapped up in the mess," He let out and I could see he was trying to stop himself from yelling from the way veins were popping out of the neck.

He sighed to calm himself before adding, "The organisation has eyes and ears everywhere. They have an inside person at the penitentiary. A person that checks every phone call of every Chomrhade employee that is in prison and their guests. If they figure out you know something, they might put a bounty on your head, do you want that to happen?"

"No," I let out, almost sounding like a whisper.

"Good, I'd advise you to keep your mouth shut and act like you're oblivious to the organisation. If you have any more questions, you can always come to ask me but remember no one can know about all of these," He said.

"Okay..." I uttered as I had no more questions to ask. "I guess I'll take my leave, now." I carried Reality off my lap and stood up. "Already?" The little girl let out with a hint of sadness in her voice.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. I had a really long day today. I need to go home and go rest," I said to her and gave her a hug.

"Let her go, Cactus. She must be tired," The beige man said. With one last look, I exited their apartment.

Getting into the elevator, I took a deep breath thinking about the new world I just found out. The new world that was forbidden to talk about. Not that I had anybody to tell. Nova and Raven? They didn't know shit about me and I didn't shit about them either.

Entering the Greatroom, I found the girls on the sofa, watching TV. They stood up and stepped closer to me immediately after they saw me.

"You're back," Nova said and took my Artémís bag from me. "Have you checked your Moongram account at all today?" She asked.

"No, Why?" I asked.

"Your account is blowing up," Raven responded, showing me my account that was logged in her phone. "We posted the unboxing video earlier today and you would not believe how many 'K' followers you've gotten," She said.

"Seventy Five thousand?!!" My eyes widened as I looked at the followers. Notifications were still blaring in and I could see new people following me.

"Seventy-Five fucking thousand!!!" Raven repeated. "Get this, other female Influencers and Models are
all following you. You are a celebrity!" Raven exclaimed and hugged me tightly.

I couldn't believe I moved from twenty-five thousand followers to Seventy-five thousand followers in just a day. All because of an expensive designer bag.

This was my teenage dream coming true.

"...and you're getting tons of DMs from different clothing brands, makeup brands to use their products. In no time, you will buy this place from Oniria," Nova said

"What are you waiting for, talk to the clothing brands!" I said impatiently.

"We want to talk to them too BUT we must wait.
We must make them think they can't get you even if they want to. We want bigger brands to ask for you. We are your friends and Managers and we'll take care of everything for you. You just need to take and look pretty in pictures," Nova said clutching the expensive bag on her chest.

"Talking about pictures, we need to go shopping and find a good spot to take pictures with the Artémís bag," Raven said. "Yeah, yeah." Nova agreed and placed the bag on the sofa.

"C'mon, let's go," Raven and Nova held my arm and dragged me towards the door. "What? Now?" I asked, confused.

"Yes," Nova responded.

I had no say in choosing the clothes I would be paying for with my money. We were back home and Nova was applying makeup on my face while Raven was doing my hair. Just like they would at the club.

We decided to take pictures on the Terrace of the penthouse as the city view looked alluring from it. I was dressed in a purple long-sleeve off-the-shoulder cropped top paired with a black latex leathered mini skirt and leather latex thigh-high platform heels.

"Done!" Nova said while she sprayed the setting spray. We left my room to the terrace and started the mini-photoshoot.