30 | Artémís

Angel.

Saviour.

That was what his name should be.

He showed up at the exact moment I was rethinking my life decisions. Unlike last time, I didn't even think twice before getting into the passenger seat of his car. 

"Thank you..." I mumbled, slightly bowing my head. His cologne swept me off my feet and I breathed in the sandalwood scent. I dropped my bags and the small jewellery bag that was given to me beside my legs.

The silence in the car was deafening but I would still choose it over standing outside in the cold night weather, wearing lingerie.

"So, where are your friends?" He asked.

"Ah, they had an emergency to tend to. So I'm all alone," I replied and the deafening silence continued. Normally, I would try to make conversations in situations like this but my head was too empty and I could not think of anything to say.

"If you don't mind me asking but why didn't you change into your normal clothes, why are you still in your dance clothes?" He asked another question. I guess he didn't like the silence either?

"Oh," I rolled my eyes recalling the ruckus that went down at the club with Kiss. "Some dumb-ass jealous old-slaggie bitch thought it was a good idea to pour water on my things—I'm sorry for cussing," I explained. "Now, my normal clothes and shoes are wet, I couldn't change into them,"

"No, it's fine. I would cuss too if someone did that to me," He said. "So, what did you do to the person that poured water on your things? I hope you got back at them."

"Hell, Yes! I made an ugly line on her face with my heels and got her fired," Now that I said it out loud, it didn't sound okay. Not only did I make a potentially ugly scar on her face, I also destroyed her possibly only source of income.

Damn—

"Nice." He said.

That was shocking. I expected him to feel a little bit disgusted or say 'What I did was too much' but he instead replied with 'Nice'.

Maybe it shouldn't be so shocking after all, I mean, he DID kill some people at the club months ago. He obviously has some skeleton hidden in his closet. Very bloody one at that.

"...but be careful, pathetic people like that tend to strike back in the most lethal way because they no longer have anything to lose. That cut will make a scar. It being on the face would be the motivation to strike back," He let out, eyes focused on the almost empty road with just a few cars passing by as it was midnight.

"Then what should I do?" I asked, looking at the side of his face.

"What I would do is take care of loose ends," He glanced at me with an expression I can not quite fathom. Our eyes met for a second before he averted his gaze back to the road. "Spiteful people like that are loose ends. What you should do IS always be alert, Sleep with one eye open and always expect the unexpected because what you did to that person is life ruining and they WILL come back," He let out in one stretch.

Now, a few weeks back, if the beige man was going to the right, I would move to the left. I never thought there would be a day I would be in his car. All alone with him giving me a piece of advice. Sounded too far-fetched.

But you see, it happened. I was in his car and he was talking to me without trying to dig out my intestines with a gun so dare I say—I was feeling a little bit bold.