17 | Breaking the rules

The dance came to an end before I knew it, Wraya was going off stage. I immediately came to my senses and averted my gaze back to the Russians. Anton, Andrei and two other guys. I saw Anton Stepanov standing up and walking towards the entrance of the back rooms.

I stood up from my seat and also walked towards the entrance. I had booked a room to look less suspicious before Wraya's dance started. I couldn't possibly be on the passage and not have a room booked.

I spotted them getting into a room from afar before walking closer. "A12," I mouthed. The room I booked was A13. It was right beside theirs.

That was it. When the boss told me how I would handle it was completely up to me, whether cunning or impulsively, I knew the exact path I wanted to follow.

Impulsively.

There was a lot on my head compared to other times so I couldn't afford to handle it cunningly. I planned to barge into the room and shoot the camera with one gun and Anton with the other.

I might get shot by one of their henchmen inside but it was worth the risk. Andrei had made sure that there won't be more than two men with them to make things easier.

Pulling out the guns, I quickly screw a silencer in. I wasn't going to kill someone with a gun in such an open place without a sound suppressor.

I took off my beige coat and placed it on the floor. I pulled out the Black Ski mask from my pants pocket and wore it on my head. I specifically chose a ski mask because it covered all of my head, face and neck.

Even if the camera caught a person going in for a second, they would never know who the person was. The beige coat also acted as some kind of disguise as I won't be wearing it into the room. Under the coat, I was in a black long-sleeve turtleneck shirt with black slacks paired with a black shoe I was sure 90% of the people would be wearing.

I wasn't interested in killing anyone other than Anton and the two guys inside the room so I needed to hurry before the girls arrive.

I held the two guns in both of my hands and took a deep breath before barging into the room. My eyes went straight to Anton and Andrei, then the Camera as I pointed the gun at both the camera and Anton. I pulled the trigger, Anton's body crumbled down like the wall of Jericho while the Camera smashed into pieces the moment it hit the floor.

I turned to the henchmen and pulled the trigger multiple times, killing them over and over again. The mission was close to completion.

"Number five, Must kill anyone that witnesses a mission being carried out," I stated the rules and pointed the gun at Andrei. Without wasting any time, I pulled the trigger. He groaned in pain the moment the bullet hit his left arm.

"It would be too suspicious if your father was attacked by an assassin while you were with him and you didn't get hurt. As you must have known, a bullet hitting your arm wouldn't kill you," I said before exiting the room.

I knelt down and quickly took off the ski masks and put the coat back on. As I slipped the pistols back into my back pockets, I raised my head and was face to face with Wraya.

What was she doing here?

"Wraya?" I let out breathily. She looked at me with a petrified look before turning back and running. She must have seen me coming out of the room, the ski mask and the gun.

'Number five, Must kill anyone that witnesses a mission being carried out.'

INSANE!

I couldn't possibly kill her now, can I? She ran away and who knows how she'll run her mouth. Should I run after her? Threaten her? Kill her?

Let's just say I broke the rules.

In my eleven years of career experience, I have never once broken the rules. Whereas, James and Jungkook always rant about how they couldn't kill a particular person that witnessed the death and I've always thought they didn't take their jobs seriously.

They left loose ends and now, I've left a loose end.

...and her name is Wraya.

I almost got into an accident thinking about it while driving. It was the worst thing ever. I hit my steering wheel angrily as I let out profanities.

My ringing tone blasted off from the passenger's seat making me groan in annoyance. Of course, I didn't take my phone to the club. It was against the rules.

I looked at the caller ID and the boss's name was largely written on the screen. "Fuck!" I let out before picking up. "Hello," I said.

"He-he-he, You must be home already, seeing that you picked up my call. Andrei just called me that the job is done. I knew you could do it,"  He praised.

"Yeah, I just got home," that was a lie, I was parked on the highway thinking about the whole sticking situation.

"Well, Good job. I can't promise you a break but you know some missions are just A-class and made for you. If something like that happens to be requested, you know I'll have to call you, right?"

"Yeah," I let out, almost sounding like a whisper.

"Have a Goodnight Taehyung and my Regards to your daughter. She's eight now, right? I can't wait for her to be sixteen," He said and hung up.

I sighed and rubbed my face. What if Wraya tells people what she saw and brings them to my place? I sighed one last time before turning on the car's engine.

The drive home seemed longer than it actually was. Getting to the 19th floor, 2nd Unit, I found Reality sitting on the couch with tears on her face.

"Daddy?" She looked up at me.

"Deathtrap?"