13 | The biege man

Fairy ended up following me to the apartment building claiming she wants to help me even though I knew she had some concealed ulterior motive.

Tommy sent me a message saying I would be staying on the 23rd floor. The top floor, a penthouse!

I couldn't help but wonder if the quote 'Bad things happens for a good reason' was indeed true because the past weeks had been horrible. From Saya's death to Mom's stroke to taking a job at a strip club, now getting a complimentary penthouse, and earning shit loads of money? Was that even a good thing?

It was late at night and the place was too big. We decided to wait till the next morning and employ a cleaning service to do the cleaning up while we go shopping for Home decor and Clothes.

"This place is expensive!" She gasped as we stepped outside the penthouse. The house was already getting cleaned as we left.

"The club must really have money," I mumbled to myself as we got into the elevator. "They do," Fairy said. I didn't know she heard me.

"Do you know how many politicians and rich business tycoons go to the backroom? The ones that don't throw money at strippers but wire the money to Tommy? Yeah, the club has money," She added. "I also heard that the 'face of Oniria' gets paid 10x the amount of money we get. And we get paid a lot of money so..." She trailed off.

The elevator halted at the 19th floor and opened. The beige man that was staring at me at the club stepped in with a little girl wearing a school uniform in his hands. The girl was a carbon copy of him.

Definitely his daughter.

We made eye contact and I caught a glimpse that he was just as surprised as I was to see him. He quickly averted his gaze but I was still shamelessly staring at him. A man came to a strip club when he had a wife and daughter? What kind of man was he?

"I saw you dancing and you are a really good dancer. With a good body too. Scratch that, with an amazing body. Even Siren didn't look as good as you did," Now, she was just flattering me as she continued the conversation.

Was she Desperately trying to get on my good side or she was just being honest?

"Hmm, Did you know Siren?" I questioned as I averted my gaze from the beige man to Fairy.

"We all know her, don't you know her? A day didn't pass by at the club without her name getting mentioned. But yeah I haven't seen her in real life, she was already dead when I started working there. Two years ago. That dead woman is literally everywhere but I'm happy now that you'll be replacing her. No more lingering spirit," She concluded with a chuckle.

She was right. I'd seen more Siren pictures in the span of one week than I peeked at my face in the Mirror. Even the penthouse had big picture frames of her everywhere, I understood that she used to stay there but still.

None of her belongings were there, only the frames. The pieces of furniture were covered with white sheets and the balcony chairs were brought inside the penthouse.

"Whoa! I like your shoes! Did you just move here?" The little girl looked at me and asked. She was very cute and looked innocent. I bet she didn't know how much of a disgusting person her father might be.

"Thank you. Yes, I just moved here, on the top floor. My name is Wraya, what's yours?" I bent down to her level and said. "Wow! I like your name. My name is Reality but my Daddy calls me Cactus or Death Trap," She gave the answer.