43 | Same room

"What are you doing tonight?" He questioned. The look on his face says he wanted to take me out but sadly, I already had plans.

"Actually, I have somewhere to be tonight," I responded.

"Oh," That was all that came out of his mouth. The word was laced with disappointment and we were back to the awkward silence. "When would you be free for you know—driving lessons?" He asked.

"I'm free tomorrow," I replied. "We can start the lessons after we drop Reality at school tomorrow," I added. "I'm going to also need to buy the birthday kid a present to shut the mom up—Reality's words, not mine,"

A chuckle erupted from his lips as he took a sit on the couch. "Don't worry about that, I'll get the present. You just need to give it to Heather yourself," He said with his eyes fixed on the empty wall...again.

I've noticed the beige man, whenever he comes up to the penthouse and sits on the couch, he always stared at the wall. Why was it like that?

I opened my mouth to speak but starting the conversation means I would have to say his name. I've never said his name before. It has always been him calling my name. Even when I talk to the girls, I call him the beige man.

I couldn't possibly call him—to his face— the beige man.

"Mr Kim," I called. It felt so awkward calling his name like that. It wasn't even his actual name. "Taehyung. You don't need to be so formal," He corrected.

How do I tell him I didn't feel comfortable calling his name? "Taehyung," I let out. "Do you always stare at the wall like that or do you just stare at this wall?"

He went quiet for a while, just staring at my face. I immediately felt self-conscious but remembering he has the habit of staring at things, I calmed down.

"Has that wall always been plain and empty?" He asked. I nodded my head saying yes. "It has always been like that ever since I moved here but the person who stays here before had their portrait on there. I had it removed when I moved it because it was a little bit haunting," I explained feeling less uncomfortable but the feeling returned when his facial expression changed to a frown.

"Why was it haunting?" He asked, still with a frown.

"W-well, the person has been dead for eight years now but her pictures were still pasted everywhere. It's kind of haunting to wake up every morning and see the portrait," I elaborated. His facial expression returned to his normal blank face after my explanation which made me question why he cared so much about the portrait.

Why did he frown when I said the portrait was haunting?

Why was he staring at the wall, almost like he knew the portrait used to be there?

"Have you been in here before?" I asked. His gaze averted from the wall to me before he stood up on his feet. His eyes darkened as he took slow steps closer to me and with every step he takes, I take one backwards.

"Why would you think that?" He answered my question with a question.

"Because it seemed like you know a portrait used to be there," Even though I was extremely scared, I knew he couldn't do anything to me. His daughter loves me and he doesn't have the heart to make his daughter sad.

"Daddy?" I heard Reality calling from behind. "Cactus!" The beige man's facial expression changed from dark to blank. "Take my things and go home!" She ordered. Walking closer to her dad, she shoved her uniform and bags on him. "Rude!" The beige man said. He flashed me a look I couldn't fathom before exiting the house.

It was around 9 pm. I was standing outside the hotel I planned to meet Richard Wilson at, rethinking my life decisions. Did I really make a good decision coming to the devil's playground?

Begrudgingly, I stepped into the five-star hotel. I was greeted by the hoteliers but ignoring their existence, I stepped into the elevator. Raven had made sure I took the small knife and pepper spray and warned me NOT to drink or eat anything.

Getting rid of Reality was the hardest as she didn't want me to go. The beige man had to forcefully drag her to their apartment, though I had promised to buy her a present the next day.

The elevator dinged and I stepped onto the thirty-seventh floor Knowing exactly the room number, I walked towards it and rang the bell. Richard Wilson wasted no time opening the door in his silky blue robe. He had a glass of wine in his hands as he ushered me in.

"I haven't seen you in weeks, I've missed you so much. You and your dance," He let out. After the events that took place in the very same room I was standing, I hadn't seen him at the club. I was happy he didn't show his face around because I might just stop my dance mid-performance and land a tight slap on his face.

"I want a Porsche," I let out, trying to sound as bold as I could.

He let out a chuckle at my request before stepping dangerously close to me and I did not attempt to step back because it would only show him I was scared to be alone in the same room with him.

"If that's what you want, then that's what I'll get you," He said and took a sip out of his wine before moving the glass towards my lips. I moved my head to the side, refusing to drink.

"Don't worry baby girl, there's nothing in this," He said. Still, I wouldn't take something to eat or drink from him even if Raven hadn't told me not to.

"If that's all, then I'll take my leave," I let out, trying to escape being in an enclosed space with him. "Wait!" He stopped me.

"What do I get in return for buying you a Porsche?" I heard him say from behind me. I was already a few steps away from him when I felt his breath on my neck.

"What do you mean what you get in return? You don't get anything in return for what you did to me," I turned my back, facing him and leaving a few centimetres of space between us before yelling at his face.

I was scared and angry. The way he smirked at me like he wasn't scared of the consequences infuriated me.

"How much is your pussy?" His question left me completely and utterly speechless. I've never heard anything like it. On a normal day, I couldn't be spoken to like that.

"What?" That was all I could muster out.

"I SAID HOW MUCH IS YOUR PUSSY?"