50 | Underreaction

Reality was getting verbally bullied by her classmates and she tried her best to defend herself but she was the one labelled as the bully. The world has gone left. The most horrible type of bullying has to be verbal bullying.

"Wraya, can you not tell my daddy?" Reality stopped me as we got out of the school premises. "Daddy will be sad if he knows and then he will get angry and do something crazy," She finished.

With a deep breath, I knelt down to match the little girl's height. "You do know that this is something big, right? Your dad has to know about it but I'll make sure to tell him in a way he won't get sad or angry. When your classmates try to be mean to you again, tell them that your mommy will come to pull their eyeballs out and beat drums with it," I said trying to cheer the little girl with sullen expressions up.

What she was going through was horrible and hopefully, when I explain things to the beige man, he would use his resources as a Hitman to shut those kids up. Preferably by killing a few of their moms—starting with Dabin's mom.

"Ok. Will you come and pick me up from school like this every day?" She asked, still looking sad. Not wanting to make her feel even worse, I nodded. "I'll do that. I am your mommy, right?" I let out, rhetorically.

"Yes, Mommy!" She said cheerfully and wrapped her arms around my neck, hugging me tightly. We stayed in a warm hug for a while before finally pulling away. "Ah, you said you'd give me a gift today. Where is it?" She asked about the present I promised her the previous day which I had totally forgotten about.

I paused in realisation and gave her a sorry smile. "Don't tell me you forgot," Reality said, reading my facial expression. "I'm sorry,"  I let out.

"What about I talk to your daddy and take you to the mall to buy whatever you want?" I proposed. Her face beamed for a split second before shifting to a glum expression. "But daddy is angry right now, he wouldn't want to listen to anyone," She said.

"Don't worry, We'll sneak out if we have to," With that, we headed towards the parking lot. It only took us a few steps to get to the car and helping Reality open the door, she stepped in the back seat.

I slammed the door shut once she was inside the car and opened the passenger seat to let myself in. The beige man's cologne invaded my nostrils as I sat down. "What did Reality's homeroom teacher say she has been doing in school without my knowledge?" He spoke with so much strictness that was enough to make my heart leap out of my chest in fear.

"Ms Houston didn't say much..." I trailed off, glancing at Reality who was quiet in the back seat.

"Wraya," He called. I could hear him trying to mask out the anger in his voice. "Are you trying to cover up for Reality because she did something bad?" He asked.

Actually, that question pissed me off. The idiot wasn't looking deep enough to see his daughter was hurting. Instead, he goes around threatening young girls with their sick moms. He should have tried and get Reality's Mom to be with her—the jerkface man!

"Something bad? No, She did the right thing! Those monsters in disguise of little kids have been BRUTALLY bullying her Verbally for not having a mom. You didn't know, did you? Of course, you didn't. Instead of sitting your daughter down and asking her everything that happened at school, you'd rather threaten to finish off people's mother. Reality chose violence as her defence and coping mechanism but the school decided to paint her as the bad guy—Tell me how she did something bad!" I yelled at his face, playing with death.

The man only responded by staring into nothingness and not a word came out of his mouth. "Do you seriously have nothing to say? You don't want to burn down the entire school?" I asked rhetorically. I was too angry to think straight. I expected him to blow off and step into the school with a machine gun, starting a mass shooting but he underreacted.

He didn't even yell.

He underreacted to the news of his daughter getting bullied by the entire class and getting named the bully.

"Reality, get out of the car. We won't be riding with him," Still not earning any response from him, I said to Reality as I hopped out of the car. It was just like I had an important role in the little girl's life, she listened to me without thinking twice and got out of the car.

I knew what it felt like to be bullied by the entire class and I hated hearing something like that was happening to a person I cared about. A few years back when I was getting bullied for being a serial killer's daughter, I wished for nothing more than for someone to help me. An angel. I was going to be that Angel for Reality.

I grabbed the little girl's hand and we walked towards the main road. "Don't talk to your daddy until he does something in your defence. You did nothing wrong, those little kids are the monsters," I stated as we approached the main road.

As soon as I spoke, I started hearing quiet sobs coming from the little girl. My heart broke at the sight because it reminded me of high school. "Sweetheart," I halted in my tracks and bent down to the little girl's height, calling. "Don't cry, you've got me. I'll show those little monsters that you are not to be messed with and I'll come here in the middle of the night with petrol to burn this school down to ashes," I said, trying to stop the crying. She nodded repeatedly while using her hands to wipe the tears.

"I love you, Wraya," She suddenly said and pulled me into a hug. Shocked at her words but not at her actions, I wrapped my hands around her, "I'll always
be here for you."