48 | Ladder

THIRD PERSON's POV

"I would do it," Nova answered honestly. She was an opportunist and if she was faced with that type of dilemma, she would do it without thinking twice. As a matter of fact, she would cling to Richard Wilson no matter what he did to her because she knew she would get money from someone like him.

Raven was also similar to Nova. She would also go through with it without thinking twice. They had been through too much bullshit to refuse a rich business tycoon who has an interest in them. Nova has accepted her fate and doesn't mind what happens to her as long as she can provide for her family while Raven only fends for herself.

As an opportunist, Nova cut off several friends of hers at Oniria, starting with Diamond and chose Wraya over them because she only wanted to be with people who'll be of benefit to her even if it means acting like their assistant. She doesn't mind acting like a pushover in order to gain something beneficial from a particular person.

When Nova met Wraya for the first time, She immediately knew she needed to become one of Wraya's close friends but when she saw Wraya overreacting to Daimond's gossiping about her, Nova thought becoming her close friend might be harder than she thought but she clocked that Wraya was low-key narcissistic. Knowing that she only had to flatter her and act like they've known each other for ages.

Raven approached Wraya because she thought Wraya would be her ladder to the stage and she was right. Not only was she not working in the back room anymore, but all the girls at Oniria feared and respected her for being Wraya's friend. She also earns more money than they do even though she only dances twice a week while the others dance multiple times a week.

Nova, couldn't be happier that she decided to cut off her friends for Wraya. Now, Nova's life's amazing. She lives in a penthouse, she doesn't pay House rent and only pays a measly amount of money for bills every money. Her daughter, her brother and her mom were also able to move into a bigger home with a nice environment.

"I would too," Raven gave her answer. "Think about it, Wraya. The car is not something we can say 'fuck him and his Porsche' with. It's a goddamn Porsche that we won't be spending any cash on. Do you know how much it costs?" Raven added, ending her sentence with a rhetorical question.

"Just imagine going to Angela's brand launching party with a Porsche dropping you off. Can you just visualise that? The Porsche will complete your entire look and no one will be able to chat Shit to you," Raven continued to convince Wraya. She wouldn't be the owner of the car but she'll be the one driving since the Wraya couldn't drive.

"But I have to sleep with him. I don't want to sleep with him," Wraya said. She thought sleeping with Richard after what he did to her would be a nightmare but then again, she really wanted the car.

"That is the easiest. We used to work in the back room and we one hundred per cent hated working there. In fact, every girl in the back room hates working there but when we have no option, we just do it. Think of this like you have no other option...and if that doesn't work, trick your brain into thinking something extreme would happen if you don't do it and when you do it, you get a price which is the Porsche that we all want,"

When Nova worked as a full-time prostitute, she would think about her daughter and what would happen to Lily when she didn't make any money. That would push her to take all the abuse and do what she had to do.

Similar to Raven, but since Raven has no one to care for, she thinks about herself. How she felt when she was thrown out of the orphanage, how she felt when she had no Penny and no roof over her head, she didn't want to go back.

Wraya had used the same trick in the first performance she had with Kiss. She thought about her sick mom and that was what helped her go through with it. "Okay, I'll do it." After much consideration, Wraya finally agreed. She thought the girls were right and if she could save money and get a Porsche by sleeping with Richard Wilson, she should do it.

"Yay!" Raven let out a short squeal, "Can we go back to being happy about owning a Porsche now?" Raven asked earning a nod from Wraya. "But before that, I'll send him a message telling him I agreed," Wraya
said as she pulled out her phone.

Richard Wilson

*Swipe up for previous messages*

— • Same room.

Tuesday, 2:26 pm

I'll do it • —

— • Of course!
— • Colour?

I don't get • —

—  • What colour of Porsche do you want?

Black • —

— • Your Full name?

Why do you need that? • —

— • Do you not want the car to be bought in your name?

I do • —
Wraya Dominique Vezi-Kelvin • —

— • The car will be sent to your place tonight with the hotel keycard in.
— • You can hang in there for the meantime until you complete your side of the deal.

"I can't wait for it to arrive!" Raven squealed after peering after her head to read Wraya's text with Richard. Nova low-key wished she was Wraya or at least— the person Richard Wilson wants to sleep with in return for a Porsche and the person the beige man has the hots for. However, she wasn't jealous, she just wished she was lucky.

A few minutes later, the doorbell rang. The girls instantly knew it was the beige man based on the time. He was there for Wraya to pick up his daughter from school.

"Let's go,"

A/N

Question, If you were in Wraya's Shoes, would you do it?
Answer honestly.