39 | One bitch down

After a good thirty to fourth-five minutes of inhaling the beige's man cologne and sweating inside the AC, we finally arrived at the venue.

A lot of luxurious cars were parked outside the mansion. My eyes did a quick scan of our surroundings as I watched other parents holding their kids.

"Let's go," the beige man said. I begrudgingly unfastened my seatbelt and got out of the car. I didn't want to be there—that was what I was thinking.

I flinched when I felt something warm squeezing my hands not knowing it was Reality. "Ohh?" I said In realisation. I held her hands and walked into the house with the beige man by my side.

"Mr Kim," One of the fellow parents, a man greeted the beige man. They exchanged handshakes while I slightly bowed my head and flashed a subtle smile.

Beside the man, there was his wife—I presume, Her arm was hooked with his as she smiled at me—ear to ear. I forced a smile back at her.

"She...?" The man trailed off, asking the beige man while trying not to point at me. But he wanted to know who I was.

"Erm—this is Wraya-" and the man was cut off by his own daughter. "My mommy," Reality said with a beaming face. I thought I misheard her but averting my gaze to the beige man, I knew I didn't. He also heard it. He looked as shocked as I was—or maybe even more.

"Oh my gosh, Reality's Mom! It's so nice to finally meet you. I'm Kitana, Dabin's Mom. One of Reality's friends," She said enthusiastically--but it sounded fake to my ears.

"Oh..." I trailed off. "Nice to meet you too, Kitana," With a fake smile, I let out and shook her hands that were stretched to me.

"I've known Reality for a while now and I've never seen you with her. It has always been Mr Kim alone. For some time I even thought maybe Reality didn't have a Mother. Where have you been?" She used her friendly—obviously not genuine—voice to question.

There goes people and their intrusive questions. She asked so blatantly, it came across as almost shocking.

"She worked overseas but is now back in the country," It was as if the beige man knew I wouldn't be able to answer the question. He responded with so much fluidity that even—I almost believed him.

"Oh," She let out. I could almost spot disappointment in her voice. "...but you've gone for so long, I don't think things would be the same between the two of you anymore," She added. I knew what a spiteful bitch sounded like and Kitana was definitely a spiteful bitch. She obviously had some kind of vendetta towards the beige man and Reality.

It was like she didn't want me to be Reality's mother—scratch that—it was like she wanted to have a reason to fake-pity the beige man and his daughter.

"Sweetheart, go play," I bent down and said in the sweetest way ever to Reality, pecking her forehead. "Okay!" She replied with her energy at one hundred per cent before running off.

I've always loved putting people like her in their place and that was what I was planning to do. I hooked arms with the beige man and rested my head on his shoulder. "What do you mean things wouldn't be the same between us anymore? In fact, It felt like we were in our honeymoon phase all over again... Isn't that right, Darling?" I let out, moving my head to look at the beige man, I spotted stun on his face but it was quickly replaced with a flirty smile that made my legs vibrate.

"Hm, We might just pop another baby soon," His voice was almost inaudible as he stared at my lips. I understood that it was all acting but it didn't stop me from sweating in the places I wasn't supposed to be sweating at.

"You see that, Kitana? Working overseas wasn't able to suppress their passion but you complain every time I go on business trips, Take some lessons from her," Dabin's father said, jokingly—but almost not jokingly.

"But it's not good for a child to not be around their mom. Especially for a very long time," She wasn't backing down. It was now clear as a day that she had a vendetta towards the beige man and Reality.

As I was about to clap back, I felt the beige man's hand creeping around my waist. He held me tight and pulled me even closer to him. I looked up at him trying to suppress the feeling of gasping out loud as my breast came in contact with his hard chest.

"I assure you that Reality is perfectly fine. She's a strong girl. She doesn't—turn her dresses to rags on her birthdays," He let out. I frowned at the last part which was a little bit out of place.

"Ohh, about that? I'm very sorry. I apologised on behalf of my wife for accusing Reality of such a thing. She was too stressed to think straight that day," Dabin's dad said to the beige man and me.

So something actually happened. It must be what caused the vendetta she has towards the beige man and his daughter.

"It's fine." The beige man simply stated.

"Taehyung, Right? We Should go for a drink sometimes, you know, Man to man," The man proposed. It was obvious he wanted to be friends with the beige man but I was sure the beige man wasn't the type of person to have friends.

"I'm usually always busy," He flat-out rejected.

"I'm always busy too which is why none of the Kid's fathers knows me. We can drink together—as the busy Dads association," The man seemed to be adamant about making friends with the beige man.

"Sure," The beige man accepted, begrudgingly.

"...and you can also give me your number so I can add you to the Mom's group chat," Kitana said with irritation laced in her tone.

"Okay..." I replied with a very enthusiastic smile I usually don't give often to piss her off even more. Her eyes moved back and forth from me and the beige man trying to spot lies in our claims and I thought I was the only one that notice Until the beige man gently stroked my waist and I flashed him a—discreet but I want Dabin's parent to see—shy smile.

Dabin's dad noticed what the beige man was doing and smiled. "You are in your honeymoon phase. It must be a hassle having to be discreet in the house and kids at that age ask a lot of weird questions,"

"...but you look for very young though. Almost too young to be Reality's mom. You don't look like you're in your late twenties. You look almost like a new adult—some might even say a teenager," Dabin's mom was digging for potholes.

Of course, I looked young. I was only twenty-one—almost twenty-two.

I suppressed the urge to roll my eyes before responding. "What can I say, it's all his work. He makes me feel young every day," I let out while gently playing with his chest.

That left her speechless, she didn't have any interrogating questions to ask anymore. "Maybe if you let me hit it every day, you'll look just as young as Taehyung's wife does," Dabin's dad said before giving a small bow and walking away.

Kitana gave me an annoyed look before storming off, following her husband.

A/N
I've started updating ALIEN; 4EYES every day.