04 | Warranted Slap on a new face

W   R    A    Y    A

The dance was finally over. I breathed heavily as soon as I returned to my little dressing room. I found Gift seating on the red fur couch, waiting for me. 

"How was it?" She stood up upon seeing me and questioned.

"Money! A lot of money!" I exclaimed as I ran to Gift and gave her a tight hug. "I felt so exposed and those people were staring at me. The spotlight moved from Kiss to me." I explained to Gift.

As if it was on cue, Kiss stomped into my dressing room and laid a tight slap on my cheeks. One of my lashes fell off as I stumbled back.

I slowly turned my face back to her angry face. She was breathing heavily and If this was a cartoon, smoke would have been hosing out of her nose and ears. The heavy foundation and powder covered her red face but anyone that saw her could tell she was angry.

"What the fuck Kiss!" Gift exclaimed angrily as she held me from falling down. My brain hasn't processed the slap yet. I didn't know what I did that warranted a tight slap.

"Back the fuck up Azura. This little bitch stole my spotlight."Kiss shouted as she stepped closer to Gift.

"Maybe if you had danced better, your so-called 'spotlight' wouldn't have been given to her. Or better, tell your doctor to fix your fucking unsymmetrical fake ass."

Gift spat and with that, Kiss grabbed Gift's hair and pulled it. Gift returned the blessing and grabbed Kiss' hair.
They both let out curse words while yelling and grabbing each other's hair, I was just standing in the corner, watching everything silently.

Even my mom has never slapped me but some dirty ghetto girl slapped me because of a spotlight? If it weren't for the fact that I was in need of money urgently, I wouldn't be in a strip club, dancing for money.

That enough was shameful and the few seconds I was swaying my ass on stage affected my mental health. Getting slapped brought mental health to the lowest to the low.

"Azura! Kiss! Would you both stop!" Tommy yelled as soon as he entered my dressing room.  "What is going on here? Why are you both pulling each other's  hair?" He questioned as he separated them from each other.

"This whore told me to fix my unsymmetrical ass." Kiss pointed at Gift but she only replied with an eye roll.

"You talk like you're a saint. Listen here Kiss, you're a bigger whore than I am. Isn't getting fucked the only thing you do around here up until last year? For a person who has lost count of her body counts, you sure sound real modest." Gift responded, causing Kiss to sprint to her, trying to pull her hair again but she was stopped by Tommy.

Gift words were harsh but Kiss deserved it for slapping me without a tangible reason.

"Bitch, why are you mad? It's the truth!" Gift mockingly clapped her hands while she spoke. Tommy was still trying to hold Kiss from jumping on Gift.

"Azura Shut up!" Tommy exclaimed. Gift listened to him and stopped clapping. Kiss also stopped trying to fight Gift.
"Thank you!" Tommy breathed heavily.

"Not in here, If you're going to fight, do it outside!" He scolded both Kiss and Gift. "Now kiss, why are you in here? I know she is Gift's friend but what about you? What are you doing here?" Tommy questioned and I couldn't help but think that was the most sensible thing Tommy has ever let out of his mouth.

"This bitch stole my spotlight." Kiss pointed to me at the corner and I nervously shifted.

"You mean the new face of Oniria, Glitter?" Tommy smiled while he spoke. It came out more like a sentence than a question.

Glitter?

"The Bitch name is Glitter? What the fuck do you mean she's the new face of Oniria? Siren is the face of Oniria." Kiss questioned.

Siren, a legendary stripper. I heard from Gift. She was known all around the country eight to nine years ago. People would come from another country just to watch her dance.
She would only dance twice a week but makes shit tons of money. Suddenly, she quit because she got pregnant and died during childbirth. No one knows who the father of the baby is or where the baby is.

Everyone knows her and her story. Even though she was dead, she was still the face of Oniria until Tommy announced me to be the new face.

"My dear you see, Siren is dead. Everyone knows that but you see this new girl, she made just as much as Siren makes in one night. With that, I think she's eligible enough to be the new face." Tommy informed, earning a scoff from Kiss.

"Why can't I be the new face? This bitch doesn't know shit about this place but I've been here for nine years. Siren used to be my friend. I think it's only appropriate for me to be the new face not—glitter." She bitterly mentioned my name.

"Glitter made more money one night than your ass does in one month. Don't embarrass yourself more than you already have. Go to your dressing room." Tommy annoyingly gestured to her to leave. Kiss glared at me venomously before stomping out.

"That was a little bit harsh," I mumbled under my breath thinking no one would hear.

"The truth is harsh. She should have been a mistress of a politician by now but her bad luck isn't letting her. I'm only allowing her to stay because of the pity I have for her and how dare she try to be the face of Oniria? Even Siren was trying to lock down some rich young man with a pregnancy." Tommy spat.

"Anyways, get ready glitter." Tommy stepped closer to me and held my hands. He used to hate me but now was clearly being so nice to me because I made a lot of money.

"Since when am I Glitter?" I timidly asked.

"Since the people want more of Glitter Girl." He stated.