27 | okay?

"Thank you?" To say I was confused would be an understatement. Have I said I had no idea what was going on? "I'm sorry if I sound rude but why are you speaking to me? I mean I thought we had an unspoken mutual agreement that we should never cross each other's lanes and that means pretend to be total strangers," I couldn't take it anymore. I needed to know what was going through his head.

"I—" Without waiting for him to respond, I continued speaking.

"If this is about your daughter sleeping at my place then I'm sorry, I shouldn't have let her in my place when I know that you don't like her being around me. it will never happen again and if she comes, I'll just send her away," I said.

"No!" He suddenly exclaimed. I flinched at the unexpected sound. "What I mean is, No. I-I am sorry for everything—and I-my daughter really likes you and I feel-kind of horrible trying to keep her away from you. I am also sorry for threatening you back then in the elevator, it wasn't my-it wasn't what I planned to do. I just had to do it," He let out.

I stayed quiet for a bit trying to process all that he said before opening my mouth to speak but my brain couldn't form a word for my mouth to let out.

"And I'm sorry if this sounds selfish but can you not consider the way I treated you when with Reality? She really likes you it would break her heart if you were to send her away," he said.

I still couldn't form words, I was just there, utterly speechless and dumbfounded. I couldn't believe he was apologising. If I had been told a few weeks ago that he would later apologise for threatening to kill my mom, I would have laughed and told them to get a reality check because, at that moment, he looked like he was ready to pull the trigger and blow my head off my body.

"So I beg of you, please!" He sounded desperate. Maybe he was a good father after all.

"Okay?" I let out awkwardly. "You don't have to worry, I really like your daughter too," I told him.

After that, none of us uttered a single word. We just stood there in silence, occasionally looking at each other awkwardly while the night breeze strongly blew, making a whistling sound.

"Okay, then I'll be leaving now." I finally let out and turned to walk back to the girls. "Wait!" He called, I halted in my tracks and turned back to him. He stepped closer and to me and said, "If you girls are going back home, you can ride in my car if that's alright with you,"

"I don't really think that—"

"Yes, it's alright with us!" Nova cut me off, answering the beige man. She and Raven stepped closer to us and Raven said, "We would love to ride in your car,"

How were they able to hear what he said?

"Didn't you already call an Uber?" I said with a smile, widened eyes and gritted teeth trying to signify to her that the thought of riding in his car made me feel uncomfortable.

"No! We didn't!" Nova responded. "Now, give me your bag," She pulled my bag away from my arm and pushed me towards the beige man.

"Where is your car parked?" Raven asked and he responded by pointing to the car. "C'mon let's go!" Nova made sure to push me towards the beige man's car. "Get in the passenger's seat," Raven let out as she and Nova got in the back seat.

Grumpily, I got into the passenger's seat, slamming the door shut. My body was engulfed in his cologne now that I was in personal space. The smell was fresh, warm and intoxicating at the same time.

"So I heard you're single," Raven directed her words to him. I mentally facepalmed and instantly regretted telling her and Nova that he has no wife and the mother of his child was not in the picture. He was a baby daddy.

"Erm-how did you know that?" It was obvious that he has little to no confidence from the way his voice comes out of his mouth which was surprising because he was so firm and stern when he was threatening to put a bullet through my skull.

"Reality told us," Nova replied. No, Reality told me and I told them and I was starting to regret doing that. "...and just in case you're wondering, Wraya is single too. I've seen zero men with her,"

I scoffed mentally. The amount of two-face-ness she has was shocking. Wasn't she the one hyping Jake and me up? Always questioning if he was just a friend.

"Okay?" He let out.

Hoping they would keep quiet and not say a single word with my fingers crossed, I was disappointed when Raven opened her mouth and said, "Your daughter loves her. You know, they cuddled all night in bed,"

I almost couldn't hide the level of shock I had in as she talked like she was there when Reality and I were cuddling.

"Yes, Reality told me," He responded.

After a few minutes of unnecessary talking about how much of a single-pringle I was, we finally got to our apartment building and I almost didn't wait for him to park the car before jumping off.

We got into the elevator and got stucked in deafening silence, I had never felt so awkward before in my life. The ride seemed longer than it actually was and I couldn't pray more for the elevator to reach the 19th floor.

The elevator ding and opened on the 19th floor.  Instead of him getting out, he turned to me and said, "Can I see you for a second," He looked at the two girls behind me and said, "Private?"

"Ah, yes!" Nova responded in my stead and pushed me out of the elevator. I swear I would rip her hair off when I get to the penthouse. "Raven and I will go up to the penthouse, you can stay as long as you want here,"

"...and remember, she's single."

The beige man nodded and got out of the elevator. Raven and Nova flashed me a smile that came off as creepy before the door closed.